Page 70 of 131 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 3921

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    um.

on topic, i really hate best coast.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    um.

on topic, i really hate best coast.
    I dig their first album but everything else was a big no from me. I get their demographic and appeal but it's just grating and monotonous after awhile.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Coldplay are really going all out to be as annoying as possible. I don't know what it is, but Chris Martin just has a face you want to punch, he's so smarmy

http://m.pitchfork.com/news/62707-co...n-birds-video/
    Last edited by WorzelG; 01-04-2016 at 01:51 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I had the displeasure of listening "A head full of Dreams"; it sounds like shitty U2 meets Maroon 5 (produced by Timbaland)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I hate Nirvana outside of "You Know You're Right." I think their music is terrible, but I think they were possibly on to something with the last album they were going to make before Kurt passed.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    "You Know You're Right" is pretty much a straight ripoff of Alice in Chains "Would?" which kinda shows how creatively out of gas Kurt was by the end.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Hmm, I can understand not being a fan of Nirvana, but I can't understand why "You Know You're Right," of all the random songs, would be the exception. I like it, but there's nothing particularly exceptional about it that should make it stand out from all the other Nirvana songs. I have a friend who hates Nirvana except for All Apologies, and I feel like that makes more sense, given that that one sounds a bit different from a lot of their songs.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emptydesk View Post
    "You Know You're Right" is pretty much a straight ripoff of Alice in Chains "Would?" which kinda shows how creatively out of gas Kurt was by the end.
    Didn't mean to like that comment, I just scrolled past it on a touchscreen and WHOOPS. Ugh.

But, while I'm here anyway, I'd just like to add that the two songs have vaguely similar basslines. And...that's pretty much it.

Pretty far cry from "straight ripoff."

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Coldplay are really going all out to be as annoying as possible. I don't know what it is, but Chris Martin just has a face you want to punch, he's so smarmy

http://m.pitchfork.com/news/62707-co...n-birds-video/
    Man, could they be more unoriginal as it is? Seriously, why do people think of them as one of the greatest acts ever? I think I'd rather jump off a cliff to my death than endure more praise about them as the best rock band in the world.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    how about GNR since this is the big news of the day, I cannot even comprehend how they got that big, to me besides you could be mine or jungle this is all very uninteresting.

And about nirvana, they definitely got over hyped but there was a sincerity in their music and their attitude that has rarely been matched since then, certainly not by GNR.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 12:08 PM. Reason: typos I'm the King of typos

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    how about GNR since this is the big news of the day, I cannot even comprehend how they got that big, to me besides you could be mine or jungle this is all very uninteresting.

And about nirvana, they definitely got over hyped but there was a sincerity in their music and their attitude that has rarely been matched since then, certainly not by GNR.

GNR certainly had sincerity in their music - at least on Appetite. It was just a different type of sincerity.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    GNR certainly had sincerity in their music - at least on Appetite. It was just a different type of sincerity.
    Agreed. And on that note, I find it kind of funny how different I look at Kurt Cobain as a public figure now as opposed to ages ago when I was 15 when Nirvana was my favorite band and Kurt was like a god. Probably just lost innocence on my part, but going back and reading Come as you Are again, now with more objectivity, he comes off as much more of a snobby prick to me now, especially in attitude toward other bands and musicians, not to mention his fan base. Just doesn't seem nearly as cool of a person to me as when I was a kid.

I didn't know the man personally and can't attest to his own subjective life experiences outside of what I observe as a pop culture consumer, I just thought the change in perception was an interesting parallel to my growing up. Back when you're a teen and obsess over the people who create the music you feel defines you, it's easy to feel like you know them inside and out.

Also, yeah, fuck coldplay. Is he still wearing that stupid neon shit on his fingers?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post

Nevermind and Appetite for Destruction are two of the best rock albums, ever, and certainly blow-away any rock album released, since.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive Reports
    misogyny is sincerity, i guess.
    Last edited by frankie teardrop; 01-07-2016 at 05:05 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    misogyny is sincerity, i guess.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Sorry for the double-post, but I forgot how truly awful this song was.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I never quite got all the love for GNR either. I believe Def Leppard was the greatest hair metal band.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    GNR is NOT a hair band! (despite Axl's look in Welcome To The Jungle vid) That would imply they suck. I've never been a huge fan but they are pretty good, it's simply hard rock with some damn good ballads thrown in and a cover song here or there (not counting The Spaghetti Incident)

Compare what they did to say Poison and late 80's Motley Crue and late 80's Def Leppard or Bon Jovi. That is some shitty ass hair music- and I'm leaving out the "metal" cuz there's nothing metal about these bands.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    GNR is NOT a hair band! (despite Axl's look in Welcome To The Jungle vid) That would imply they suck. I've never been a huge fan but they are pretty good, it's simply hard rock with some damn good ballads thrown in and a cover song here or there (not counting The Spaghetti Incident)

Compare what they did to say Poison and late 80's Motley Crue and late 80's Def Leppard or Bon Jovi. That is some shitty ass hair music- and I'm leaving out the "metal" cuz there's nothing metal about these bands.
    I wouldn't put Def Leppard in that lot. Yes, they had hair but it wasn't big hair. Rick Savage had big hair but it was natural that way. Plus, I consider them more as a pop-metal band.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Big hair was the style back then. Ozzy, Alice In Chains, Pantera and even Slayer have some pretty embarrassing promo pictures from the 80's.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Big hair was the style back then. Ozzy, Alice In Chains, Pantera and even Slayer have some pretty embarrassing promo pictures from the 80's.
    I understand that, but big hair does not automatically equal hair band. Hair band TYPICALLY is reserved for the shitty 80's-90's rock that accompanied shitty large hair and dressing like a woman (Poison, Bon Jovi, etc.). If hair and electric guitar/hard rock was the only criteria we'd be throwing in the likes of Metallica and Iron Maiden and Judas Priest into the "hair band" category.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I understand that, but big hair does not automatically equal hair band. Hair band TYPICALLY is reserved for the shitty 80's-90's rock that accompanied shitty large hair and dressing like a woman (Poison, Bon Jovi, etc.). If hair and electric guitar/hard rock was the only criteria we'd be throwing in the likes of Metallica and Iron Maiden and Judas Priest into the "hair band" category.
    Yes, agreed 100 percent. My point was big hair was the style, and if you want to call GNR a hair band, you might as well lump AIC in there too.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post

I was listening to this earlier, after I read a review for it on Blabbermouth where it got a rating of 5. Apparently, that's pretty low. It said the covers were awful, the production was terrible and the mixes were abhorrent. Sounds like a pretty good Danzig album, like most of his others, right?

Yea...no. It's really REALLY bad. Tommy Victor does not fill the shoes of John Christ or even suck on the insoles for that matter. The whole thing sounds like it was recorded in an unfinished basement, with Danzig half-asleep and singing flatly on one side while the band is playing through a tape deck on the other end.

The best part about this album is the comments section under the Blabbermouth review. One guy said Danzig should have named the album "Moobs" and I laughed so hard I almost ruptured my spleen.
    As Danzig is my favourite artist (http://www.ryan-s.org/danzig) I would defend him, but the recording of this is pretty crap. I do love Crying In The Rain and Satan, though. I've bought like 10 different variants of it haha

On a positive note, ALWAYS ON MY MIND from the forthcoming Danzig Sings Elvis record is AMAZING! -

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    The best part about this album is the comments section under the Blabbermouth review. One guy said Danzig should have named the album "Moobs" and I laughed so hard I almost ruptured my spleen.
    The album cover homage to David Bowie's "Pin Ups" is hilarious.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-17-2016 at 12:14 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    i think this song is so dope. I also find Valentino Khan to be hilarious on snapchat. I assume some or most of u will hate it.

Yes the video is like a weirder version of the DJ Snake video from last year. Doesn't surprise me, those dudes are all boys.

Can't wait to see Valentino Khan on Holy Ship! in 3 weeks!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    ^ that still makes me extremely uncomfortable, so i will not be watching that video. :: shudder ::

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The Superbowl halftime show sucked beyond belief. I don't get what's so amazing about Beyonce, Coldplay are a middle-of-the-road, vanilla adult contemporary alt. crap, and Bruno Mars just flat out blows.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    The Superbowl halftime show sucked beyond belief. I don't get what's so amazing about Beyonce, Coldplay are a middle-of-the-road, vanilla adult contemporary alt. crap, and Bruno Mars just flat out blows.
    didn't watch it. but lady gaga SLAYED the national anthem. so at least SOMETHING good happened (also, my wife's cousin billy sang in the military choir before gaga)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    My dad only watched a few minutes of it and his response is classic, "what is this shit?" Dullplay, Bitch-Bey, and Rockwell 2.0 do fucking suck. Lady Gaga however, fucking killed it with the anthem. That was something me and parents also agree on. My mom loves Lady Gaga.