Thread: Jane's Addiction

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    What are you cringing at, exactly? I don't have any problem with these songs; they sound like Jane's songs, with Perry being his usual flamboyant self and the band doing its thing behind him. I don't mind people not liking it, but I don't understand why fans of their old stuff sometimes give the same things they supposedly don't like on the new stuff a pass just because Eric was involved in the recording.
    Last edited by botley; 08-02-2012 at 05:17 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    What are you cringing at, exactly? I don't have any problem with these songs; they sound like Jane's songs, with Perry being his usual flamboyant self and the band doing its thing behind him. I don't mind people not liking it, but I don't understand why fans of their old stuff sometimes give the same things they supposedly don't like on the new stuff a pass just because Eric was involved in the recording.
    Curiosity Kills
    I'll Hit You Back (though more-so indifferent)
    Splash a Little Water on It
    Words Right Out of My Mouth

I think the JA spirit is on the new album, the songwriting just isn't all to my liking.
    Last edited by Amaro; 08-02-2012 at 07:57 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This is the best band i have ever seen in my life . It was years ago. But i will still love them unconditionally for that performance.

I never thought their records were masterpieces, their records meant shit, compared to their performances, live they just created this real unifying vibe. It was a vibe that did not seem fake. It was pure ecstasy when i saw them. No drugs were involved but they were so good i just had this surge of energy for everything afterwards. Everyone was freaking out reminiscent of the 60s. Metal guys dancing with transvestites. Crazy.

Tracks like Three Days, Mountain Song, Jane Says, Stop, Ocean Size, Been Caught Stealing sound BIBLICAL live.

Dave Navarro may have done a lot of stupid shit since Janes Addiction but he was a titan on guitar that day i had never seen anyone play so well. He was only in his early twenties then. Perry Farell was like Freddie Mercury on Acid, he was probably even camper than Boy George at the gig, he is such a great frontman.
    Live they were something else, last saw them at Reading Festival in 2002. Without Eric Avery. But it still blew me away.