Thread: The Vietnam War (2017)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    I wonder, because sometimes you can hear their influences pretty clearly, if TR/AR took any inspiration from the Apocalypse Now score, which was one of the first major films to use electronics instead of conventional orchestras.

well, wendy carlos was using electronic instrumentation for a WHILE before this came out. i would say A Clockwork Orange (which came out in 1972) is a better example of a major film using electronics for score.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    well, wendy carlos was using electronic instrumentation for a WHILE before this came out. i would say A Clockwork Orange (which came out in 1972) is a better example of a major film using electronics for score.
    True, but Kubrick didn't use her work exclusively, which became a source of friction by the time she (and Rachel Elkind, the Atticus Ross of this analogy) collaborated with him again on The Shining; he would get too attached to the orchestral versions of songs and then reject anything they came up with to replace it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    True, but Kubrick didn't use her work exclusively, which became a source of friction by the time she (and Rachel Elkind, the Atticus Ross of this analogy) collaborated with him again on The Shining; he would get too attached to the orchestral versions of songs and then reject anything they came up with to replace it.
    i really want to hear the version of The Shining that was fully scored by them. that would be so goooooooood