Page 17 of 156 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Thread: Random General Headlines

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Come on! The glove did not fit!

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    So the ex LAPD cop who was discharged for false accusations against another officer went on a shooting spree in CA. He shot 3 officers.

LAPD looks to be in an absolute panic now. They shot two Chinese women (delivering newspapers) in a truck that was a different color and different make. No warning. Doesn't look like they even tried to identify that the target. How do you confuse two asian ladies for a single 6'4" muscular black man???

This is what they did. Looks like about 40 rounds that hit the truck.. wtf:

This is what the suspect truck looks like:

I suspect this is a video of the shooting:
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 02-09-2013 at 12:37 PM.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    ^ If I were the suspect the pigs who pulled those triggers would be at the TOP of my list.

I've gotta say, the more I read of this guy's uncensored manifesto the more like him...even DESPITE the obvious typos and loss of uninvolved, innocent family member's lives. Absolutely NOTHING in this guy's manifesto conflicts AT ALL with my experience with cops. They're a bunch of corrupt and bigoted assholes protected by their own institution who quite frankly NEED some highly-trained and comparatively morally-centered psychotic to go all G.I. Punisher on their stupid asses to help force a reformation among their ranks so they'll maybe finally UPHOLD the oaths they've sworn allegiance to, ffs.

But, hey, don't take MY word for it...

http://boywithgrenade.org/2013/02/07...ers-manifesto/
    Last edited by Hazekiah; 02-09-2013 at 05:49 AM.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    So...you're all for killing cops? And you "kind of like" this guy even though he's killed innocent people?

I mean, don't let a few murders get in the way of thinking he's a good guy or anything.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    I mean, I'm not saying I'm in a big hurry to be BFFs with him or that it isn't an extreme or unjust reaction, obviously.

But I can definitely understand where he's coming from to a degree.

When cops betray their oaths and are effectively terrorists to the communities they've sworn to serve and protect AND they demonstrate a near-complete inability to police themselves, well...let's just say that they're not exactly winning any support from me either.

C'mon now. I'm not endorsing the murder of innocents or the wholesale slaughter of police officers. Not all cops are bad of course and he's by no means a "good guy." But that's not to say there aren't still thousands of cops who just need to be permanently wiped off the face of the planet yesterday.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Well, certainly there is a lot of corruption in the police force, and a lot of bad cops out there (a lot of good cops too, obviously). But this is not even remotely the way to solve things.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    I agree with a lot of the things he put in his manifesto... well except where he though Rob Zombie is a prodigy and didn't mention Reznor... and being super supportive of Feinstein style gun control while owning all the "bad guns" and now using them to do high profile shootings.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    C'mon now. I'm not endorsing the murder of innocents or the wholesale slaughter of police officers. Not all cops are bad of course and he's by no means a "good guy." But that's not to say there aren't still thousands of cops who just need to be permanently wiped off the face of the planet yesterday.
    Just partial slaughter then. I'm glad I don't live anywhere near you.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Random General Headlines

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    So the ex LAPD cop who was discharged for false accusations against another officer went on a shooting spree in CA. He shot 3 officers.
    Didn't he kill two *family members* of an officer? He said he couldn't have a family so he's gonna kill other officers' families?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/07/us/lapd-attacks
    Last edited by allegro; 02-10-2013 at 03:36 PM.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Police open fire a SECOND time on an innocent person because they are driving a truck that looks like Dorner's

But the pickups were different makes and colors. And Perdue looks nothing like Dorner: He's several inches shorter and about a hundred pounds lighter. And Perdue is white; Dorner is black.
    Seriously, WTF.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

Random General Headlines

Only police are responsible enough to have guns!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    It's crystal clear what the orders are. He will not get arrested. Shot first, ask question later.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elke View Post
    Just partial slaughter then. I'm glad I don't live anywhere near you.
    Because I'd be supportive of the worst-of-the-worst of corrupt cops no longer abusing their power to destroy lives within our hypothetical shared community? Ohhhhkay. I'm not a vigilante or a murderer so I think you'd be fine and unless you count yourself among the ranks of the absolutely most corrupt of all cops you'd only benefit from their removal anyway...but whatever. Enjoy your locality, wherever it may be. Or try to, at least.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I'm not a vigilante or a murderer so I think you'd be fine and unless you count yourself among the ranks of the absolutely most corrupt of all cops
    Or because we're against murder. There's that.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Hats off to the press for not asking a single question about the LAPD assaulting misidentified victims in today's press conference!

This is worth a read: http://raniakhalek.com/2013/02/09/me...-theyre-wrong/

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    So we'd still be fine living in the same area then since I'm not a murderer. Cool.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    so they've taken this guy out with a drone strike? is that correct?

I am uncertain how I feel about this... Maybe I don't get how the drones work exactly, but can't we have the drones blast you full of sedatives so you can still face trial? It's a bizarre precedent that's being set here, and it feels like something out of a dystopian science fiction movie.

EDIT: so I misread the article, and I guess he hasn't been killed yet, but he is the first "drone target on US soil."
    Meaning that, I guess, they've launched the drones after him. And it still feels like science fiction.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 02-10-2013 at 10:27 PM.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Huh? I don't think so. I know they were going to use a surveillance drone but that's not much different from a helicopter with a camera. Pretty sure the LAPD doesn't have armed drones.

They also have a $1mil bounty on anyone who can provide info about the guy. I can't recall an instance where something like this happened in the past where "dead cops" was replaced with "dead people who aren't cops"... Seems like we are going WAY fucking overboard with this guy. hey? Police really seem like they forget that they are here to protect the people, not protect the police. Then again, this is exactly why this Dorner guy is kill cops, isn't it?

edit for your edit: yea, as for the "first target on US soil"... i'm almost certain that is false too. There have been several instances. example: http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...erican-citizen
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 02-10-2013 at 10:39 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Yes, and if they did, they would be collecting him in pieces.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Because I'd be supportive of the worst-of-the-worst of corrupt cops no longer abusing their power to destroy lives within our hypothetical shared community? Ohhhhkay. I'm not a vigilante or a murderer so I think you'd be fine ...
    So who's going to kill off the corrupt cops then? Other vigilantes, who you wouldn't want to see punished? Or maybe just the government: death panels, how cheery.

The fact that your preferred solution for someone abusing the power that comes with his job is death, as opposed to something a little more rational like getting fired, tried and convicted and forced to some community work (preferably of the restorative kind), is quite telling about the sort of logic you use, if not the sort of person you are.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    The Dorner manhunt doesn't look good for LAPD who reeks corruption. Suspicious firing, shooting at innocent people and now drones? Thankfully, they have not requested armed drones from the military ... yet.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post

Yeah, this one took me by surprised. I'm really, really worried about succession now, though. I don't feel the Church has had enough time to put out feelers and look for a real Pope who can point a direction.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    So who's going to kill off the corrupt cops then? Other vigilantes, who you wouldn't want to see punished? Or maybe just the government: death panels, how cheery.

The fact that your preferred solution for someone abusing the power that comes with his job is death, as opposed to something a little more rational like getting fired, tried and convicted and forced to some community work (preferably of the restorative kind), is quite telling about the sort of logic you use, if not the sort of person you are.
    You should probably try cramming fewer words into my mouth.

I never said I wouldn't want vigilantes to face justice.

I never said that death is my preferred solution.

And that certainly isn't a "fact," as you claim.

If you go back and read what's actually been said then I think you'll find that I've pretty clearly stated that if we're talking about someone running around bumping off absolutely THE most heinous and vile of corrupt police officers then I can kinda understand where they're coming from...but NEITHER party would be getting any help from me.

But, hey, go ahead and keep leaping to conclusions if you like.

It's "quite telling about the sort of logic you use, if not the sort of person you are."

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Why is it so hard for people to understand that you can agree with portions of what someone says/believes without agreeing with 100% of it?
    Fuck, even Hitler had SOME agreeable actions/opinions.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Just because it needs reminding why we reacted in the first place.

And now, I have more important issues to tackle: Il Papa! Some articles on his resignation, most of which are really about the abuse scandals of the last 10 years. (And while we're at it, this is what bothers me most about this: the abuse and the subsequent cover-ups took place under almost-saint John Paul II, with whom Ratzi's always unfavourably compared, while Ratzinger as head of the Congregation tried very hard to find a more transparant way to deal with abuse. He's not my favourite guy, but it's not because he seems a lot less likeable that we have to hang all the sins of Babylon on his shoulders - he was the one who had to clean up the last guy's mess.)
    Salon figures it's the best thing he's done for the Church so far, and has this article on "his legacy" (which is not about his legacy at all).
    CSM speculates about the next guy, as do The New Yorker and Slate.
    Slate has gone all out, with also pieces on how uncommon it is for a Pope to resign and his future real estate options.
    Foreign Policy has a short piece on why so many non-catholics pay so much attention to Il Papa. (Since I went on a bit of a tangent about this in the Religion thread a while back, I thought it was interesting.)
    And this was weird: How the new Pope could help Obama. Yeah. That's priority number 1, surely. Who comes up with these angles anyway?

There was some good Dutch stuff too, mostly about how the gays are happy to see him go (written, I'm quite sure, but decidedly non-catholic non-queer people) and how much better a pope fucking John Paul II was. Fuck you, JP, with your drooling and your communism hunting and your killing off the most interesting and fertile modern form of catholicism. One would almost feel sorry for Joseph Ratzinger, always unfavourably compared to the guy who ruined Vatican II because he looks like Darth Sidious.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    THIS:

7 Things Democrats Would Have Freaked Out About If Bush Had Done Them
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/bennyjohnson...if-bush-had-do

And I hated every single thing mentioned that Bush did. Yet, pointing out that Obama is continuing it (and many cases doing worse) somehow makes me "right-wing" I prefer the word "consistent"

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Random General Headlines

Fuck you, JP, with your drooling and your communism hunting and your killing off the most interesting and fertile modern form of catholicism. One would almost feel sorry for Joseph Ratzinger, always unfavourably compared to the guy who ruined Vatican II because he looks like Darth Sidious.
    Yeah wtf is with this beatification of JP2? This Pope had to clean up a LOT of shit that JP2 covered up.

When I woke up this morning and saw the news on Twitter, I said "Holy shit" and woke G to tell him. I didn't know that it had been nearly 600 years since this last happened, whoa,
    Last edited by allegro; 02-11-2013 at 05:21 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    North Korea just conducted a nuclear test as per CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/11/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    North Korea just conducted a nuclear test as per CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/11/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1
    North Korea just got one step closer to being a radioactive wasteland.