Page 128 of 129 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,840 of 3848

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I was going to ask the same thing as Jinsai...is this the one you were talking about?

That’s one of them, yea, but not the one I was talking about.

This is the one:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Really interested in Alan Wake though because I love the kind of horror/story that it appears to be traveling towards. I keep thinking, "is this the time I join the current gen consoles?" and then I look at how much free time I have and think nah, I can use that $ elsewhere. I barely play my Switch anymore and I actually forgot about Wonder coming out.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Finally jumped into The Callisto Protocol fully, and while it is gorgeous, it is laughably just a watered down Dead Space. GRP is just Stasis, Schematics for gun upgrades, and an area filled with transformed crew members. It's hollow, the combat you literally cannot get hit, once you get used to the comical combat system.

Thankfully, I didn't have to test this game for work, but it is quite boring and forgettable. Schofield already jumped ship (No pun intended) from Striking Distance... Probably should have stuck with Dead Space, or make a game that isn't almost exactly like it.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I finished Alan Wake 2, the presentation of that story is truly something else and i really wish i could have experienced the game at it's highest quality, unfortunately my PC rig could only manage the lowest settings at 1080P and it was not the smoothest experience either.

So now I'm left wondering what's next after that ending and what Control 2 will look like, how will things intersect again?

Spoiler: It's not a loop, it's a spiral.

I'm planning to go back and play the original Alan Wake game again at some point but for now I felt like jumping into The Saboteur for some open world nazi killing goodness.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I've bought so many games within the past months and I rarely have the time.

Alan Wake 2
    Persona 5: Tactica
    Persona 3: Reloaded
    Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name
    Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth
    Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League

Started SUicide Squad, Tactica and Like a Dragon Gaiden. Mostly doing the latter more than likely. Already dumped 5 hours into it.

Eying Helldivers II also...grr.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I've bought so many games within the past months and I rarely have the time.

Alan Wake 2
    Persona 5: Tactica
    Persona 3: Reloaded
    Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name
    Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth
    Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League

Started SUicide Squad, Tactica and Like a Dragon Gaiden. Mostly doing the latter more than likely. Already dumped 5 hours into it.

Eying Helldivers II also...grr.
    Nice list there. I adored the first Hell Divers, and now II has surpassed Halo: Infinite for active online players. Pretty huge feat right there; cannot wait to diveee in .

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Nice list there. I adored the first Hell Divers, and now II has surpassed Halo: Infinite for active online players. Pretty huge feat right there; cannot wait to diveee in .
    When you get into the really intense shit Helldivers 2 is a blast. I have a little trouble typing in the contra codes in a rush, but I'll get it once I get more practice... once the servers get reinforced.

I just got the platinum for Theatrythm, which I loved, but I'm ready to move on.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Currently playing Disco Elysium and I’m in love with it. What a masterpiece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    When you get into the really intense shit Helldivers 2 is a blast. I have a little trouble typing in the contra codes in a rush, but I'll get it once I get more practice... once the servers get reinforced.

I just got the platinum for Theatrythm, which I loved, but I'm ready to move on.
    Wish I could actually PLAY Helldivers

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Working my way through Last of Us 2. I love hate hire the game just throws you right into the shit. Currently at the parking garage after the torch people.

My brother sent me Elden Ring so I’m debating between that or Balders gate next.

Beyond that I’m still doing the occasional run on Div2. Hopefully the third one when it finally comes out will be worth it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    Working my way through Last of Us 2. I love hate hire the game just throws you right into the shit. Currently at the parking garage after the torch people.

My brother sent me Elden Ring so I’m debating between that or Balders gate next.

Beyond that I’m still doing the occasional run on Div2. Hopefully the third one when it finally comes out will be worth it.
    Elden Ring is getting DLC in June, so I don't know how much time you have! I would do BG3 first then tackle Elden Ring when everything is included.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Ys VIII - Lacrimosa of Dana. It starts off slow, but when it picks up it gets pretty awesome. Satisfying combat, likable characters, a huge world. I’d been meaning to play this for a while. I’d always liked the series, but for some reason the beginning of this one never clicked with me. You really have to put in about ten hours before it starts getting good.

Hope to finish this before FF7 Rebirth comes out.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    I think i found the ultimate PSP hidden gem. It's called Gladiator Begins: it's addictive as fuck and has killer RPG elements, and a crafting system, and hundreds of different pieces of gear, and a fucking AMAZING fighting system.

It's just, i can't find SHIT about it online, as far as how to get what APPEAR to be paths to different endings. I've already gotten like 3, but i wanna get the rest.

My skill is ultimate, though...Samurai Showdown style. My stats are maxed out, the sword i use has maximum attack power...i'm KIND of obsessed with this one, tbh.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Has anyone played Vampire Survivors? I have a code for Steam, and it seems like my kind of game.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Has anyone played Vampire Survivors? I have a code for Steam, and it seems like my kind of game.
    I have a little, it can be very addicting.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Are any of you playing Helldivers II? I'm super tempted to get that game based off of the glowing reviews I've been seeing. Someone give me a reason to (or not to) pull the trigger.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I've been obsessed with it! Got it back in January and have put about 40 hours on my Switch with it.

Other than that, going through Cuphead for the first time (on the last boss) and playing through some games on the Cowabunga Collection again.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    I've been obsessed with it! Got it back in January and have put about 40 hours on my Switch with it.

Other than that, going through Cuphead for the first time (on the last boss) and playing through some games on the Cowabunga Collection again.
    Ok, you, and Kodiak have me sold!

Now, Cuphead is one of my favorite games. I haven't finished it yet, because I was attempting a no damage run, with all of the bosses, and then gave up for a while lol. It has everything I could ever want in a platformer, down to the amazing animation. You ever watch the show? I forgot it was even a thing.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Are any of you playing Helldivers II? I'm super tempted to get that game based off of the glowing reviews I've been seeing. Someone give me a reason to (or not to) pull the trigger.
    My friends and I are playing quite a bit, I like it quite a bit. Are you looking on PC or PS5?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    It was one of my top games of 2022. Its basically endless, tons of cool little secrets to unlock, a high power ceiling so lots of things to achieve

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Ok, you, and Kodiak have me sold!

Now, Cuphead is one of my favorite games. I haven't finished it yet, because I was attempting a no damage run, with all of the bosses, and then gave up for a while lol. It has everything I could ever want in a platformer, down to the amazing animation. You ever watch the show? I forgot it was even a thing.
    Yeah, you're going to love Vampire Survivors. It's an addictive game, and some of the stuff that happens in it is so unexpected and wild. I even some of the DLC just to keep playing the two stages. Heck, I love it so much ... I was considering getting the soundtrack on vinyl when it gets released.

But yeah, Cuphead is fantastic. I always wanted to try it, but I was intimidated by it and wondered if I would be any good / it would just frustrate me. I ended up renting it with GameFly and loved it so much that I bought a physical copy off of Amazon. The Dice level took me the longest ... about a week and a half to finally beat, and now that I'm on the Devil boss ... I might take a break, haha. I might lose my rhythm for a bit, but I'll get back into it! That's what happened with me and Gato Roboto last year. I was stuck on a boss and came back a few months later and ended up beating the game. I'm excited to jump into the Cuphead DLC too.

I always forget about the show too! I might have to check it out sometime.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Speaking of Vampire Survivors, this is a really good documentary about it.

Noclip always does a great job with this stuff!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    My friends and I are playing quite a bit, I like it quite a bit. Are you looking on PC or PS5?
    PS5, but I'm trying to convince a friend to join me and she plays on PC. Is there much of a difference between the two in terms of quality and how smoothly it runs?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    PS5, but I'm trying to convince a friend to join me and she plays on PC. Is there much of a difference between the two in terms of quality and how smoothly it runs?
    It does have crossplay between PS5/PC so you should be good to go.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    It does have crossplay between PS5/PC so you should be good to go.
    Yep, I was aware. I've been looking for a good new crossplay game we could play together and the reviews for Helldivers II are glowing, plus it seems to have a great reputation in the gaming community. It definitely looks super fun!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Yep, I was aware. I've been looking for a good new crossplay game we could play together and the reviews for Helldivers II are glowing, plus it seems to have a great reputation in the gaming community. It definitely looks super fun!
    Yeah it's alot of fun. I think you'll be fine performance wise since it scales so well. It runs great on PS5 from what I understand (I'm on PC).

Last edited by Kodiak33; 03-12-2024 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Added DF video

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Yeah, you're going to love Vampire Survivors. It's an addictive game, and some of the stuff that happens in it is so unexpected and wild. I even some of the DLC just to keep playing the two stages. Heck, I love it so much ... I was considering getting the soundtrack on vinyl when it gets released.

But yeah, Cuphead is fantastic. I always wanted to try it, but I was intimidated by it and wondered if I would be any good / it would just frustrate me. I ended up renting it with GameFly and loved it so much that I bought a physical copy off of Amazon. The Dice level took me the longest ... about a week and a half to finally beat, and now that I'm on the Devil boss ... I might take a break, haha. I might lose my rhythm for a bit, but I'll get back into it! That's what happened with me and Gato Roboto last year. I was stuck on a boss and came back a few months later and ended up beating the game. I'm excited to jump into the Cuphead DLC too.

I always forget about the show too! I might have to check it out sometime.
    I haven't even beaten the entire game, yet! I was able to get no damage against every boss up until Baroness Von Bon Bon, and then gave up lol. Here is some video of it.

I have all the DLC downloaded, so when I finally get the time to beat it, I'm diving right in. Sometimes you need that little break, when you're banging your head against the wall, trying to beat a boss over, and over again lol.

The show is very charming as well. I loved it for what it was.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Oh my gosh, I JUST finally beat the devil in Cuphead last night after being away from the game for two weeks or so. Goodness. What a thrill that was ... took me a few hours to get down, but I'm glad to take a little vacation from the game before jumping into the DLC. I know you'll get it soon @Self.Destructive.Pattern !

Not sure if you play the games on Switch, but feel free to add me via my code in my profile if you want!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Oh my gosh, I JUST finally beat the devil in Cuphead last night after being away from the game for two weeks or so. Goodness. What a thrill that was ... took me a few hours to get down, but I'm glad to take a little vacation from the game before jumping into the DLC. I know you'll get it soon @Self.Destructive.Pattern !

Not sure if you play the games on Switch, but feel free to add me via my code in my profile if you want!
    Congrats my friend! The heart-rate one reaches during any boss fight in this game is definitely an experience of its own, hahaa. Unfortunately, I do not have a switch, but I will jot your code down for sure. I will get one eventually, sometime this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After 60 hours I finally finished RDR2. Definitely the best thing I've played. Now I'm planning to start Guardians of the Galaxy. Also if I have a free minute I play online games on playhop.
    Last edited by Hukumk; 03-31-2024 at 11:18 AM.