Page 21 of 135 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    We Know Where You Fucking Live - I cant believe it, the Manson i love, this is the sound he's lacked for far too many years. there is hope....

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Listening to it now. Not bad. His voice sounds strained at points though

Also managed to grab this from Apple Music - incomplete tracklist

Edit: reloaded app, full tracklist available along with single available to play.
    Last edited by Disassociative; 09-11-2017 at 11:35 AM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I liked it, he is an absolute abortion live bit the man is good in the studio.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post

Single supposed to be coming out tomorrow.
    I find it funny that he keeps coming up with creative ways to hide his neck.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Well, this is pretty underwhelming. Maybe I need to give it more listens.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Preorders are up too. I went with the red vinyl.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fuck yes! This song is awesome!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    Well, this is pretty underwhelming. Maybe I need to give it more listens.
    Weak! It's a boring song.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    pre-ordered and the download links don't work. Anybody manage to actually download the song?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    pre-ordered and the download links don't work. Anybody manage to actually download the song?
    I pre-ordered the red vinyl a moment ago and didn't get a download link either.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    disappointing. having to resort to piracy immediately after pre-ordering is really irritating. it's 2017. how do people not have this online market thing figured out yet?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    disappointing. having to resort to piracy immediately after pre-ordering is really irritating. it's 2017. how do people not have this online market thing figured out yet?

Right? When I downloaded Villains (new QotSA album), I emailed them asking why I didn't receive my digital files on release day and they wrote back saying that my pre-order didn't include digital files because they can be ripped from the CD. I thought that was stupid as fuck, especially since I no longer own a working CD/DVD burner capable of doing so. Thus, despite my status as a paying customer, I had to resort to piracy to get the music I paid for onto my iPod. EVERY CD and vinyl should come with a download, preferably with the option to choose which format you'd like (FLAC, WAV, mp3, etc.)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I dig it. I think it's a better version of " hey cruel world." Some old school elements.

I have to agree. Shit live, awesome studio.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I find it funny that he keeps coming up with creative ways to hide his neck.
    "creative"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I got the download link about 2 minutes after ordering. My guess is that they are flooded with orders (that happens when you build and build and build hype... then your digital provider doesn't think you have much of a fanbase anymore...), give them an hour or so, then email. Otherwise, when I get home I can PM you guys the file.
    Last edited by renton44; 09-11-2017 at 01:53 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    If this is the single, I'm afraid to hear the rest of the record. This is awful... First MM single I had to turn off half way through. Seriously, I only made it to 2:37. I thought that live recording was bad, but nope, it's just the song that's bad. For once the live version was a perfect rendition of the studio version.

This isn't music, this is noise and screaming... Not sure what everyone else praising this is hearing, we must be listening to different things. I'm still holding out for a couple decent tracks though. Not a very good followup to TPE. This wasn't worth the wait and all the delays this record went through.

Also, I came to make this photo/chin comment as well, but someone already beat me to it. It was the FIRST thing that came to mind when I saw the photo, lol. Poor guy.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 09-11-2017 at 01:59 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    This isn't music, this is noise and screaming... Not sure what everyone else praising this is hearing, we must be listening to different things. I'm still holding out for a couple decent tracks though. Not a very good followup to TPE. This wasn't worth the wait and all the delays this record went through.
    I may not like the song but this is such a funny criticism, come on, yes, yes, this IS music. It's just not really good one.

The "it's just noise and screaming" is such a funny argument, seeing how people who are arrognat about music would make that argument about plenty of NIN songs.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    While I wouldn't want the whole album to have this feel, the single is pretty good.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The music during the "far far far far far away" breakdown sounds so familiar to me but I can't quite place it. I wanna say something off Antichrist but I'm not sure. Anyone else immediately think of another song during that section?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    The music during the "far far far far far away" breakdown sounds so familiar to me but I can't quite place it. I wanna say something off Antichrist but I'm not sure. Anyone else immediately think of another song during that section?
    The song reminded me a lot of 'The Collector' off of With Teeth. I think its that bass riff?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The single it's alright, it reminded me to "Hey Cruel World" and to "Get Your Gun" at moments...

It does sound like he's trying to be the "old Manson" in this song, average listen, i hope the album is better (i still have faith because Bates is involved...)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    I may not like the song but this is such a funny criticism, come on, yes, yes, this IS music. It's just not really good one.

The "it's just noise and screaming" is such a funny argument, seeing how people who are arrognat about music would make that argument about plenty of NIN songs.
    Yeah, I know how silly that sounded. I listen to some black metal bands where you can't make out a single word they're saying, lol.
    But, I guess what I meant was keeping it to Manson's songs and work, this is just him screaming repetitively over and over to the point where it's just annoying and unbearable to the ears.

I know it's music. I'm just exaggerating in my description of the song.

And at least Trent's screaming is stylistic. This is not screaming done right. He sounds like he just rolled out of bed and needs to hack up some phlegm out of his lungs before hitting the recording studio.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 09-11-2017 at 02:26 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'll take it! It sounds not bad at all.

Also, laughs to the "hiding his chin" comments. It's the first thing I thought of when I saw the cover too.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    I'll take it! It sounds not bad at all.

Also, laughs to the "hiding his chin" comments. It's the first thing I thought of when I saw the cover too.
    Ha! When I first saw the cover I was like "Does he have to put his face on the cover of all of his records? Dude has not aged gracefully..." Might want to get more creative with the covers.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    The song reminds me of the best bits of Deformography, my favorite ACSS song.

Musically anyways, the vocals and lyrics are terrible.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 09-11-2017 at 04:55 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I guess I just prefer the most softer/melodic side of MM. I'm sure there will be a few of those on here. Maybe It's just me getting older, but I like softer MM these days.

From the last couple records, the screaming bangers have been a lot of people's favourite tracks (Slave only dreams to be king, Lay down your goddamn arms, Murderers are getting prettier), but to me, I like the quieter ones, Odds of Even, Mephistopheles, Breaking the same old ground.

I find he shines better when he is actually singing quiet or at least doing like a spoken word type song.

I won't argue that ACSS is his best work, but it's not 1997 anymore. I wish he would branch out in his old age instead of always trying to go back and re-make that record.
    I would be down for a softer MM record now. Like I said, that could just be the "getting old" in me speaking, but I think his songs are better when they are slower/quieter.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post

I find he shines better when he is actually singing quiet or at least doing like a spoken word type song.
    please no, trent has been doing that a lot more lately...it doesnt work. pt me in the direction of a memorable "spoken word" style track thats a success.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Well they sure tried their best to imitate ACSS sound this time around. We'll see if the actual songs underneath that sound can keep up (doubt it).

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Not sure what the big deal is. This song was released more than eight years ago..