Page 329 of 528 FirstFirst ... 229 279 319 327 328 329 330 331 339 379 429 ... LastLast
Results 9,841 to 9,870 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    There's 666 threads on the NIN forum of ETS and Not The Actual Events officially released today...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post

The right side of the cover has been always reminding me of a beer glass with some foam on the top, ever since the first time I saw it.
    Thank you for ruining this beautiful piece of art for the rest of my life!

Now everything makes sense: glass is fragile, the album name is "Fragile". The album is about a glass of beer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    There's 666 threads on the NIN forum of ETS and Not The Actual Events officially released today...
    Am I the only one who buys the album but always download the MP3s from pirate sites because they always work instead of buggy "one-time download" systems?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    This album would have been flawless.

1.Somewhat Damaged
    2.The Day The World Went Away
    3.The Frail
    4.The Wretched
    5.We're In This Together
    6.The Fragile
    7.Just Like You Imagined
    8.No You Don't
    9.The Way Out Is Through
    10.Into The Void
    11.The Big Come Down
    12.Underneath It all
    13.La Mer
    14.The Great Below

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The right side of the cover has been always reminding me of a beer glass with some foam on the top, ever since the first time I saw it.
    Yeah, you're definitely not alone with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    The Fragile's cover, at least the right side always makes me think of beer in a pint glass with the NIN logo disappearing in the foam on the top.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Got Beside You In Time on BluRay (didn't have a player when it came out, so I had the DVD version) for Xmas today. First thing I did was open it up and look at the ARG clue printed inside. Then I realized, this is the only official physical part of the ARG, other than Year Zero itself, that I have. I don't have the shirt (I don't get tour date shirts if I didn't see them on that tour) and I live on the east coast, so I didn't get anything from the OSR meeting stuff, and unfortunately wasn't able to travel to Europe in 2007.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Just really looked at The Fragile cover. Is the red supposed to be the waterfall on the top part but with blood as the water?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbitman View Post
    Just really looked at The Fragile cover. Is the red supposed to be the waterfall on the top part but with blood as the water?
    What it literally is is a waterfall on top, ECU of a seashell on the bottom. What it symbolises? Ask David Carson

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Despite this fact:

http://www.nin.wiki/Physical

According to a previously unreleased interview Reznor did with Melody Maker magazine, "Physical" was supposed to be a "tongue-in-cheek" cover. It should be noted that the Adam and the Ants version is named "Physical (You're So)" and features an extra verse.

Does anyone else feel "right" tagging it as Physical (You're So) and have been forever? For some reason it doesn't feel right just tagging it as "Physical" to me. *shrug*

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Only Physical. It was always just Physical on all halos and promos, and on every iteration of discography at nin.com.
    Also no comma in GDML.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Despite this fact:

According to a previously unreleased interview Reznor did with Melody Maker magazine, "Physical" was supposed to be a "tongue-in-cheek" cover. It should be noted that the Adam and the Ants version is named "Physical (You're So)" and features an extra verse.

Does anyone else feel "right" tagging it as Physical (You're So) and have been forever? For some reason it doesn't feel right just tagging it as "Physical" to me. *shrug*
    I've always tagged it as "Physical (You're So)" because it just doesn't make sense not to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did any multi-tracks for HM get released?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I had it as "Physical (You're So)" for a while, but then I realized NIN never had the brackets, and that works fine for me – I'm anal about notating cover songs in the titles, so now it's all "Physical (Adam Ant cover)" throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by Seed_0 View Post
    Did any multi-tracks for HM get released?
    Sadly, no. Last multitracks we got were from WO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Damn I was hoping to my own audiophile mastered version lol

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    I had it as "Physical (You're So)" for a while, but then I realized NIN never had the brackets, and that works fine for me – I'm anal about notating cover songs in the titles, so now it's all "Physical (Adam Ant cover)" throughout.
    And it's not even Ant cover, but rather Adam and the Ants'. If you're that anal.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Only Physical. It was always just Physical on all halos and promos, and on every iteration of discography at nin.com.
    Also no comma in GDML.
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    I had it as "Physical (You're So)" for a while, but then I realized NIN never had the brackets, and that works fine for me...
    No it wasn't!

*goes and checks*
    I'm sure it was Physical (You're So).... When did someone change my cd's?!?

*fixes his digital files*

I'm not sure how I never noticed that I've always had it wrong...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I wonder if they were thinking of Coil when they titled it "Feeders." It doesn't sound much like the Coil song ("Feeder"), but they do share an esoteric use of voice pads.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I love the way TR described the intro to 10 Miles High during The Fragile sessions - "a garden of lilacs under a sheet of ice".

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I find any Quake soundtrack song and crème brûlée go together really well after "Leaving Hope".

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    That little strum of a harp in The Downward Spiral's title track continues to be the creepiest chill-inducing thing on that entire album for me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hesitation Marks is an analgesic to me. I've had two surgical operations and, in the postoperatives, I felt less pain listening to HM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    That little strum of a harp in The Downward Spiral's title track continues to be the creepiest chill-inducing thing on that entire album for me
    that's a harp? i always assumed it was a mic'd (not amplified) hollow-body electric guitar. unless we're talking about two totally different sounds.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    I find any Quake soundtrack song and crème brûlée go together really well after "Leaving Hope".
    i can't believe my fanboy said this

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    that's a harp? i always assumed it was a mic'd (not amplified) hollow-body electric guitar. unless we're talking about two totally different sounds.

You'd know way more than me on this subject since you've actually recorded shit so it's entirely possible, always sounded like a harp to me so I've never thought of anything else. Regardless, it's awesome

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Despite this fact:

I have mine tagged as Physical (Let's Get)

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I have mine tagged as Physical (Let's Get)
    You're a fucking monster.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    It seems odd to me that the LPs + digital files are "sold out". What's stopping them from selling the digital files by themselves at this point? Did they run out?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    It seems odd to me that the LPs + digital files are "sold out". What's stopping them from selling the digital files by themselves at this point? Did they run out?
    Because Trent hates his fans who pay for and enjoy digital music over his preferred vinyl.

No more vinyl, no more music for you.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Do you even imagine the fucking backlash though?
    I'm a pretty level - headed guy but even I, who jumped on the vinyls as soon as they hit the store (I may just have contradicted myself here ; I'm generally fairly level-headed) would be kinda peeved to learn that I blew a load of cash on fundamentally useless discs while the cheaper option was a few mere days away...
    I stand by this decision and am happily awaiting my records, but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't go well...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    The orders are for the vinyl. Buyers get the download with it. Not the other way around.

And since they keep upping the order limits, obviously they just miscalculated demand and are modifying the store as that changes. I assume this is because Shopify coding requires a maximum amount of copies per product.