Page 24 of 69 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    I knew that the first few episodes were too good to be true and that the momentum would stop sooner or later.

What the hell was that?

I guess Darrel rescues Beth and Carol and bring them back to the church along with Everybody hates Chris?
    Hopefully it won't be this predictable. So far I have found the show to be consistently surprising. Also, Darrel looked upset but who knows! Maybe we'll find out this Sunday. I thought it was a good episode, just a departure from we have seen so far this season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I loved the episode. Not because of Beth but because of the return to ATL. Grady hospital and the High museum are big parts of my fair city. Tho they are miles apart. Not sure how you could get a big painting like that from the high to grady with no damage as they are miles apart. Maybe he used one of the cars they have.

The skyline shot they used had the marriott marquis in it. That's where they have dragon con and just a few weeks ago, a walking dead themed convention.

I'll never be able to go to grady again without thinking of the elevator shaft body dump.
    That big painting, the Caravaggio, would have been in a massive carved gilt frame too so yeah, how the heck was that transported. Obviously it was taken out of the frame although my sister pointed out it was in a skinny little frame which would not be representative of the Renaissance period. I did find it interesting though that the guy even had the painting and his comment about art being meaningless in the new world they were living in...something like that.
    Last edited by Michalrose; 11-04-2014 at 07:00 AM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Silly Eugene.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Ive only just stared watching this. Some of the scenes really really make me want to be fucking sick, violently sick, some of the rotting corpses, mutilations etc are so disgusting.
    But yeah i like this show, especially when its faster paced and gets to the point. I liked the comics too, this is a very good adaption. I never really like comic book adaptions (have found every alan moore adaptation an abomination).. but i really like this. Andrew Lincoln is a favourite of mine.
    This weirdly reminds me of Lost the series, but much better, much much darker more direct without all the stupid pointless questions and digging itself holes.
    Im up to season 4.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    I know everyone's SERIOUSLY getting sick of this series suddenly ditching its show-runners as soon as they hit their strides, often mid-season no less...but I've just caught up on the new season this past week and OMFG I'm LOVING whoever the hell this new guy is.

Really, the flashbackward/flashforward structure has been WAY amped-up lately and the Eugene/Abraham episode and the Daryl/Carrol episode are HANDS-DOWN two of my favorite episodes from this show so far. Fucking AWESOME ideas almost PERFECTLY executed.

I am SUPER psyched for whatever comes next! Especially assuming they'll hold onto this new creative-director (or w/e) guy long enough for him to see whatever he has in mind through to the end for a change, lol.

And ZOMFG, this show not only has Walter White's Blue Sky meth from "Breaking Bad" but ALSO motherfucking MORLEY cigarettes from "The X-Files," ffs!!!

:D :D :D

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    OMFG, Carol took the TOP bunk with the BLUE sheets and told Daryl to take the BOTTOM bunk with the PINK sheets because "it suits you better," lolololololol.

Just sayin'!

;)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I dunno, I liked tonight's episode but I kept on saying "Come on, something interesting happen, please!" ... and it did within the last 5 minutes.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I said it before, I'll say it again - I thoroughly enjoy it when Talking Dead has guests that actually watch the show and know what they're talking about.

Also - Daryl and Carol are neeever gonna happen. And I feel like I might know exactly why, but I could be wrong.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    I said it before, I'll say it again - I thoroughly enjoy it when Talking Dead has guests that actually watch the show and know what they're talking about.

Also - Daryl and Carol are neeever gonna happen. And I feel like I might know exactly why, but I could be wrong.

She bats for the other team?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    She bats for the other team?
    I think HE bats for the other team.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have had the same though for quite a while! Glad I'm not the only one!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    I have had the same though for quite a while! Glad I'm not the only one!
    (EDIT)And why make it seem like Daryl and Beth may end up together…which I'm hoping for.

Also, I love this season but damn…its so goddamn slow. This whole let focus on on one character per episode is getting old. intercut the shit and make it a little faster and engaging rather than giving viewers 45 mins of slop only to give em some drama at the end of each episode.
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 11-17-2014 at 11:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmmm... I find that disappointing and I'm not sure why!! I don't read the comic books or even watch the Talking Dead anymore. It was so hit and miss for me. Sometimes insightful and sometimes a train wreak. So if Kirkman came out and said that, other people must have been questioning it too. Interesting. And thanks for the info.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Kirkman came out (no pun intended) and said Daryl is NOT gay.
    I haven't seen that. Link?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    I haven't seen that. Link?
    Sorry i COMPLETELY misread that article. It stated that Kirkman said "Daryl COULD be gay."

My bad.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    I was honestly starting to wonder if I was the ONLY person who'd actually read any of this thread, lol.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I knew that cop would pull something like that at the end.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Sasha totally deserved that...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    This was mostly a boring/lame episode. I was pretty impressed with this season up until now. Hopefully they can do something good again for the mid season finale.

"Hey man let me ask you something. The way you talk and the way you carry yourself. Were you a cop?"

COMMON!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    The holy man got Spoiler: a nail in his foot. Ohhhhh, clever writers. o_0

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I enjoyed this one a whole lot more than the three before it (the Abraham-centric one was decent actually) but it just made me more annoyed with the past few and the second half of season 4, which is that they finally showed that they can make a functioning and decent episode bounce between the disparate groups without taking three weeks to show us each group separately. If all of S4 had been done like that I'd've had very few issues at all, and it makes it feel like there was no reason for the Beth and Daryl/Carol episodes to be two separate ones instead of trimmed down into one compact episode.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I had a weird feeling Glenn would get it on with Rosita for some reason.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Apparently next week's episode is Spoiler: heartbreaking

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    One thing is certain about this show: Stay moving and avoid communities like the plague. They either eventually get attacked by humans and overrun by zombies, or theres some psycho leader who is doing something weird like cannibalism or not letting you leave.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Everyday more and more young Carl is becoming Rick's right hand man. wink wink

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miss k bee View Post
    Apparently next week's episode is Spoiler: heartbreaking
    I'm gonna guess Carol dies.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    After seeing how weepy and emotional she got at ComicCon, I don't doubt it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Re: Tonight-

Good. It's about time.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Going back to my post about Daryl possibly being gay... Kirkman just confirmed (on Talking Dead) that he is straight. However, they will be introducing a prominent gay character soon. I'm wondering if it is going to be the one from the comic who pissed off a bunch of Christians simply for his name.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Going back to my post about Daryl possibly being gay... Kirkman just confirmed (on Talking Dead) that he is straight. However, they will be introducing a prominent gay character soon. I'm wondering if it is going to be the one from the comic who pissed off a bunch of Christians simply for his name.
    I seriously assumed Eugene was gay.

Also god DAMMIT I wish it was Spoiler: Carol instead of Beth
    Last edited by tony.parente; 12-01-2014 at 01:36 AM.