Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Gone Girl (2014)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    So are we going to have to wait for the physical release to get a look at the album credits/notes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona Radiata View Post
    So are we going to have to wait for the physical release to get a look at the album credits/notes?
    I am assuming Sheepdean will find a way to get a hold of them prior to anyone getting their physical copies.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Finally, I can download it... :-)

(I have ordered Girl Gone today around 8:30 CEST)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I can download it now, too. After 7 hours of wait! It also says 'FLAC available shortly'.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona Radiata View Post
    I immediately thought it sounded like Robin was playing on Technically, Missing.

I want the album credits for this shit.
    I know I'm setting myself up for a Sheepdean style fall here (only joking!!), but I'll be amazed if there is mention of anyone other than TR/AR as regards musical instruments played. Don't really think there's going to be any big surprises if a pdf comes through.....

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdsctt View Post
    I am assuming Sheepdean will find a way to get a hold of them prior to anyone getting their physical copies.
    Sorry to disappoint you, but while Sheepdean's known for wiki'ing and archiving stuff, his sources are the same as everyone's, he's not an insider of any kind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ben Affleck was on Fallon last night and they actually brought up the score... Fallon was like "oh and who did the music again? it was awesome, oh yeah thats right Trent Reznor... it was creepy and made me wanna vomit.. it was awesome.." lol

side note: when was the last time the star of a film was on a talk show and they brought up the film score?

Nice, it's up on Beats too.... another 24 songs to add to my NINstrumentals playlist... perrrrrrfect.
    Last edited by r_k_f; 09-30-2014 at 06:53 AM. Reason: i remixed it...

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you, but while Sheepdean's known for wiki'ing and archiving stuff, his sources are the same as everyone's, he's not an insider of any kind.
    Ssh you'll ruin my mystique

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So is this not Null 3 since it's released through Columbia? I'm going to die a little inside every time I see it next to Null 1 and 2.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan829 View Post
    So is this not Null 3 since it's released through Columbia? I'm going to die a little inside every time I see it next to Null 1 and 2.
    I've not seen the cat. number on any release thus far, does the nin.com digital not come with one in the metadata?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I've not seen the cat. number on any release thus far, does the nin.com digital not come with one in the metadata?
    Just downloaded the Apple Lossless files and there was no .pdf included. No mention of a Null number in the metadata either.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Whilst I don't use the service, I'm surprised that iTunes doesn't have the catalogue number for releases. We'll see in November when the CD comes out if there's no PDF I guess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is there anything different on the actual release from the streaming version?

NPR's was marked 1:56:55 or something similar, and the release version is 1:59:51. I didn't time out the stream when I listened to it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So what subtly, or not so subtly, reminds you of what? Not that I have an issue with any of this.

Perpetual - Closer/The Downward Spiral (piano melody)
    Technically, Missing - Black Ops Theme
    Just Like You - A Warm Place
    Clue One - Ghosts 6
    Clue Two - The Frail (remix)

probably missing some..

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy-Bumbler View Post
    Is there anything different on the actual release from the streaming version?

NPR's was marked 1:56:55 or something similar, and the release version is 1:59:51. I didn't time out the stream when I listened to it.
    Mine is exactly the same: 1:26:58. Maybe you included the soundcloud sampler or whatever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    Mine is exactly the same: 1:26:58. Maybe you included the soundcloud sampler or whatever.
    Then Beats is probably wrong. It has the length marked as 1:29:51.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Got my dl, very cool.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Got my dl, very cool.
    Ditto. I have to wait til I get home from work to download and listen. What format do y'all usually prefer and why? I essentially keep w/ MP3 since it's easier and more convenient. But always curious as to the other formats and why they'd be preferred over.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The noise at 10:26 mark in 'At Risk', is it intended? I think it is, but not sure...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy-Bumbler View Post
    Then Beats is probably wrong. It has the length marked as 1:29:51.
    Beats is 86:40, iTunes is 86:44. They need to fix the length on the summaries.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    What's funny about that Jimmy Fallon interview is that they almost whiffed on Atticus again. Which I know makes Sheepdean very, very upset.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodSoldier333 View Post
    What's funny about that Jimmy Fallon interview is that they almost whiffed on Atticus again. Which I know makes Sheepdean very, very upset.
    What do you mean almost? They didn't mention his name did they? I thought they didn't...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Ben Affleck squeezed Atticus in there at the end.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    downloaded this morning and started listening on the train. i'm about halfway through and i'm loving it.

my first thought was "trent and atticus have been listening to a lot of clint mansell's scores...they should all collaborate on something..." followed by "they've also been listening to a lot of boards of canada...and rachel's."

so i'm hearing a lot of influence from groups/artists that i like a lot, as well as T&A's usual style (but still a forward progression of it). like @slave2thewage said, all the analog pads are gorgeous and lush, it's really nice to hear that kind of sound balanced with the live orchestration.

do you think that the four minute silence in "at risk" will be pressed into the vinyl...or will we get a locked groove?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Listening for the first time. laying in my bed listening with my sennheiser headphones .

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    No PDF? Lame.

At least the CD will have some info.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Amazon.com says the vinyl will be released on January 20, 2015. WTF? Link

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    In regards to somebody before hinting at Trent/Atticus/Clint Mansell collaborating on a score, initially this sounds like a really great and fun idea doesn't it? Especially given all parties are good friends. But then i thought about how Mansell essentially is tied to his computer programs for scoring and isn't a musician per say/doesn't really play any instruments (myself and @Leviathant and maybe a few others from on here were at his NYC gig a couple of years ago and watched him play merely seconds of piano with his two index fingers while essentially being huddled behind his laptop and having an orchestra play his music). Maybe everything I just said might lead to trouble with the three in the studio. Or maybe Clint could take more of an Atticus role in the audio engineering cave. Just some food for thought.
    Last edited by GoodSoldier333; 09-30-2014 at 11:17 AM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

I'll have to go see the film for this music to make sense to me. Maybe I'll read the book and listen too.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Man, Just Like You is still the only song that really interests me out of all 24 of these. Those last two minutes are beautiful and I think it would've been a nice change of pace if Trent released a whole collection of music like that. Beautiful stuff.