Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiah View Post
    I just hit lvl 20 with my Titan last night. I'm seriously addicted to the Crucible. I'm not one to play online multiplayer very much but I haven't had this much fun with it since the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. I also joined the ets clan. Add me if you want:
    Psn Id: Hourisathand
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Again, I'll ask. How do I join a clan??? But yeah, I'm obsessed with crucible. Finally getting the hang of it and getting some kills. Been putting off doing my vanguard stuff...
    This will probably be my main multiplayer game now, since Battlefield 4 needs some rest.

Should we make a ETS clan on Bungie.net?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Im down. I think you are the only one on here with a one besides me.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Im down. I think you are the only one on here with a one besides me.
    I'm level 20 now and ready and capable to play in Fireteams devised by ETS brethren.

If no one wants to, I'll make the clan.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Someone didn't already make one?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I am having so much fun with this game! Just made it to level 7. It was really cool of them to let you download the game for free on PS4, if you purchased on PS3!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Someone didn't already make one?
    Not that I know of?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I'm level 20 now and ready and capable to play in Fireteams devised by ETS brethren.

If no one wants to, I'll make the clan.

I made a clan LOL I posted about it TWICE!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I missed it then.

I'll root through the thread.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I thought so. Now, back to the $10,000 question. How do I join?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I really want to play this game, but I'm not a fan of multiplayer and online gaming. Can anyone please tell me if I need an online connection for my Xbox in order to truly get the most out of this game, or can I just stick with the campaign mode and feel like it was worth investing my time? Also, do I need an online connection anyway for Destiny's story mode? I went to pick this up from Redbox and it said an online connection was required, which prevented me from renting it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Game won't work without a connection. Better make sure it's a reliable/steady one.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrselfdestruct94 View Post
    I really want to play this game, but I'm not a fan of multiplayer and online gaming. Can anyone please tell me if I need an online connection for my Xbox in order to truly get the most out of this game, or can I just stick with the campaign mode and feel like it was worth investing my time? Also, do I need an online connection anyway for Destiny's story mode? I went to pick this up from Redbox and it said an online connection was required, which prevented me from renting it.
    You should probably skip this game. From all accounts (critics, many people i've talked to and seen post on various forums) the campaign and story is absolutely horrid. The fun seems to be in the co-op and raid modes with friends. It's an online game only.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    We get it, you hate it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I reckon the story is good. It's interesting. But yes, the campaign is designed around playing with others so it's lacking in variety. I would be hesitant to buy it solely for campaign solo.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    We get it, you hate it.
    IS that what i said ? I'm pretty sure that's not what i said . Stop being defensive, it's just a video game.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I'm not sure it's being defensive at this point. I think it's that you've been in this thread for a while, being vocal about a distaste for the game. And I think the feeling is, we got it, it's not your thing, or maybe you're on the fence at this point. But now the game is actually out and people are having actual experiences with it, and the second hand criticisms just seem kind of silly. Even if you're entitled to them, which you are.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I'm not sure it's being defensive at this point. I think it's that you've been in this thread for a while, being vocal about a distaste for the game. And I think the feeling is, we got it, it's not your thing, or maybe you're on the fence at this point. But now the game is actually out and people are having actual experiences with it, and the second hand criticisms just seem kind of silly. Even if you're entitled to them, which you are.
    I'm repeating what i've read and seen. It's pretty much widely accepted that the story is thin and poorly executed, and the game is designed to be played as a co-op. That's what he asked and i think it's a fair response given the consensus that's out there and easily obtained.

Or maybe you're going to tell me the story is absolutely fantastic and the game is meant to be played solo?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just started playing this yesterday so only on level 4 at the moment, I might start farming on an easy level and get some good gear before hitting the multiplayer as I'm generally piss poor at these games

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Farmed an area for an hour and a half. NOT A SINGLE LEGENDARY ENGRAM WAS DROPPED. Fucking bullshit. They really want you to grind marks don't they to buy from vendors for their weapons huh?

Lame.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Its not that hard... Youll just acquire them naturally over time. And if you pick one from each kind of currency you can complete a set pretty quickly.

I got an "Exotic Weapon" bounty. Its a bounty where you get an exotic weapon for completion. But i accidently picked one for a pulse rifle, instead of the one for the best shotgun in the game ive been miserable about it.

I did by that rad blade dancer helmet from the weekend vendor. Its really good, doubt ill ever find a better one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So I just picked up a PS4 on the weekend and Destiny was/is my first game. For the first hour I thought it was a pretty conventional shooter, but the more I play it the more I love it. The play control/mechanics are fantastic. That's easily my favorite thing about the game. And since this is my first PS4 game, I've been pretty blown away by the graphics (the jungle on Venus is fantastic). I'm also easing into the RPG elements and really like that, even if many people consider it to be simple. Anyhow, the more I play this the more I like it. Really addictive battles and jumping in to games with other people to destroy a giant spider-like robot is a blast. I liked Halo 3, Borderlands 2, and Mass Effect a lot and this feels like a blend of those but not too similar to any of them in its own way. Big thumbs up.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by artdeco View Post
    The play control/mechanics are fantastic. .
    This is the shit that boils my blood. Just like the recent Halos the controls/mechanics of the gameplay are absurd. Everything is on some type of delay- , switching weapons, triggering something, shooting, moving, running, everything you do is delayed. The movement is cumbersome and slow. They make you feel like a retard on screen. I hate it.

It's not responsive as it should be. I know some people like this type of simulated feel but i don't. I like silky smooth quick reaction movement. Ever since Halo 3 they really made this a design decision and i don't know why.

So far i'm only a level 9 and the game hasn't opened up to me yet. We'll see.
    Last edited by Rabbit; 09-17-2014 at 04:20 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by space suicide View Post
    farmed an area for an hour and a half. Not a single legendary engram was dropped. Fucking bullshit. They really want you to grind marks don't they to buy from vendors for their weapons huh?

Lame.
    bungie y u make me play game?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Ha, Legendary engrams only even give you legendary items a very small portion of the time. out of about 15 ever lengendary engrams i've gotten 2 items. remember wearing all legendary armor with most of the upgrades gets you to level 26, so getting it at 20 would be a big jump.

In other news I got that shotgun quest!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    This is the shit that boils my blood. Just like the recent Halos the controls/mechanics of the gameplay are absurd. Everything is on some type of delay- , switching weapons, triggering something, shooting, moving, running, everything you do is delayed. The movement is cumbersome and slow. They make you feel like a retard on screen. I hate it.

It's not responsive as it should be. I know some people like this type of simulated feel but i don't. I like silky smooth quick reaction movement. Ever since Halo 3 they really made this a design decision and i don't know why.

So far i'm only a level 9 and the game hasn't opened up to me yet. We'll see.
    You bought the game? You idiot. I look forward to hearing you complain about it constantly.

P.S. The higher you level, things like better control over your jumps/boosts can unlock. Play mechanics are rock solid.
    Last edited by Madmya; 09-18-2014 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Because I fucking can.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So, after getting my Encryptarch level to 7, farming and being lucky I managed to get two legendary weapons (a shotgun called "The Comedian" and a pulse rifle called "Strange Suspect"). I need 5 more strange coins and 6 more motes of light before end of the weekend so I can buy some exotic stuff off Xur.

Sigh, it's about time.

Last edited by Space Suicide; 09-18-2014 at 01:15 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've just reached level 13 with a Hunter. Hoping Bungie meats this up moving forward. Story doesn't seem engaging at all or significant enough to mix with gameplay so far. I am loving the environments though, gorgeous. Mixed feelings on the difficulty to level up through Patrol missions. On one hand it's nice to know what spots to go to for easy kills/Bounties. On the other, it can easily become dull.

I've read that Raids are supposed to offer what's missing in game. Anyone try them out yet? Thoughts?

PSN ID: missselfdestruct

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmya View Post
    You bought the game? You idiot. I look forward to hearing you complain about it constantly.

P.S. The higher you level, things like better control over your jumps/boosts can unlock. Play mechanics are rock solid.
    Level 18 hunter now, using Bladedancer. It has improved, at least in terms of PVP. The campaign/story/missions whatever still suck. It sucks incredibly bad, shockingly bad really. Makes Halo seem like the greatest campaign/story ever created.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    You wasted your money then. Suffer in your jocks, ya bloody dickhead.