Page 39 of 99 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 2944

Thread: NIN with Soundgarden - summer 2014 amphitheatre NA tour

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    At least with this double headline tour, they can cover two great Johnny Cash songs, Hurt and Rusty Cage
    i wish i could like this multiple times.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FeelBetterINC View Post
    i don't believe Camden is gonna have a pit in the front. Its USUALLY the rail and seating. The Pits are usually in the lawn area. Could be wrong though. Haven't been to a show there since System of A Down 2 years ago and I'm ALMOST positive it was all seating up front.
    I was there in December 2012 and there was definitely a pit. I was front row behind it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone have any theories why they pulled the pit section for these shows? It was a big surprise to me because 2 of the venues have pit because I had pit for both shows on the NIN/JA tour. I know the platinum seats were obviously created to make more $$$$, but couldn't they of kept the pit and charged more for those? It just doesn't make sense.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa A. Veal View Post
    Anyone have any theories why they pulled the pit section for these shows? It was a big surprise to me because 2 of the venues have pit because I had pit for both shows on the NIN/JA tour. I know the platinum seats were obviously created to make more $$$$, but couldn't they of kept the pit and charged more for those? It just doesn't make sense.
    I would imagine people with money want seats, not GAPIT. I wouldn't want to spend $800 for a ticket and then be forced to line up at noon in order to bumrush the rail, fuck that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by efreitag View Post
    I'm confused

It does look like there's a pit up front in Camden though, one of the few venues on this tour that actually shows that in the seating chart, plus it's the highest level price ticket labeled as GA1. Last time I saw NIN there it was a pit in the front.
    Not sure which part you are (or I am) confused about, but this is what I'm seeing: Check out this page with the Platinum seating tickets for Camden. There are reserved tickets with assigned seats in the "PIT" section rows P4 and P7. The seating map shows the Endstage map with a section labeled "PIT" with labeled seat numbers (P1 through P8 and the little number "1" showing where seat 1 is.) Then, on the drop down menu, you can select the map for "Reserved with GA Pit" map, which labels the front section "GA PIT STANDING ROOM". It's labeled as a "pit" in both cases even though one map (the one being shown for this concert) is for seating in the front and the other is for standing.

It could be that the map being displayed is wrong and the "Reserved with GA Pit" layout will be used, but then how can the Platinum tickets be honored? Seems to me like the simple explanation is that there will be seats. Unless I'm missing somewhere that is explicit about the tickets being standing (no seats)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    I would imagine people with money want seats, not GAPIT. I wouldn't want to spend $800 for a ticket and then be forced to line up at noon in order to bumrush the rail, fuck that.
    yeah thats probably a big part of it. Front-ish row tickets sell for much much more than pit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Long shot, but I figured I'd try:

I have one extra for Vegas that I'm looking to trade for one to Jones Beach. Anyone interested? Not exactly neighboring states, but I'm sure I'm not the only one willing to travel.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The front row to every show has been bought by the Kardashian family. Soz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spinz View Post
    yeah thats probably a big part of it. Front-ish row tickets sell for much much more than pit.
    Wouldn't you be able to fit a lot more people in a pit area than with seats? The extra pit tickets sold should create more revenue than just adding a few expensive seats in the front... (unless maybe insurance costs are different etc...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wouldn't you be able to fit a lot more people in a pit area than with seats? The extra pit tickets sold should create more revenue than just adding a few expensive seats in the front... (unless maybe insurance costs are different etc...)
    theres definitely laws involved, they cant just sell as many pit tickets as people could possibly fill the space.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Yeah, whether it's pit or seats I'm sure it would fit the same amount of bodies in said square feet. Fire and safety codes and all.

If there's a resident fireman/inspector here they could shed some light on that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Yeah, whether it's pit or seats I'm sure it would fit the same amount of bodies in said square feet. Fire and safety codes and all.

If there's a resident fireman/inspector here they could shed some light on that.
    I tried googling some pit capacities, came acorss on example from a smaller venue: seats = 457, without seats = 600
    so in this example, that would gain an extra ~$14k...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Fine....

heres photographic evidence of the existence of a pit at Susquehanna bank center in Camden.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2592858596177

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I tried googling some pit capacities, came acorss on example from a smaller venue: seats = 457, without seats = 600
    Which is probably less than they can get from charging 300-400 more for some of those tickets.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    That HAS to be wrong- if that was the case Tool wouldn't have been doing arena floor seating for their tours the last few years. :P

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Looking at some of the Live Nation pages, either there are a lot of Platinum tickets already sold or there's really a tiny number of seats allocated to that: like, 20 or 30. (Really doesn't seem like something worth worrying about too much. (Maybe no one is still worrying about that now, though?)) Anyway, with the numbers posted above, I wouldn't be too surprised if the price of the Platinum tickets just about balances out with the slightly reduced number of tickets from not having standing in the front.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I wonder if there is just a petition we can make to send to either the management of this tour or the venues themselves and say we as the fans have collectively agreed we want a GA pit instead of seats up at the front. Do these online petitions actually work?

Judging from the fact that "Everything" hadn't been removed from "Hesitation Marks" from that other petition created last summer, i'm going to say no, thay are just for shits and giggles.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I wonder if there is just a petition we can make to send to either the management of this tour or the venues themselves and say we as the fans have collectively agreed we want a GA pit instead of seats up at the front. Do these online petitions actually work?

Judging from the fact that "Everything" hadn't been removed from "Hesitation Marks" from that other petition created last summer, i'm going to say no, thay are just for shits and giggles.
    No, they don't work. And, no, we haven't all agreed. I have to say that I strongly don't care - and I'm even someone that has a ticket up front.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    No, they don't work. And, no, we haven't all agreed. I have to say that I strongly don't care - and I'm even someone that has a ticket up front.
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    (Although I kind of like being pushed around a little . . . )
    Well, you won't be getting pushed around in your seat... so maybe it's time you agree and sign that petition.

But seriously, there are countless people bitching and complaining about no GA foor in this thread, just read the last 15 pages. So far, you have been pretty much the only person to admit it won't be so bad having a seat on the GA floor area. There are more fans that WANT the floor experience over bring stuck in a seat at the front.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 03-19-2014 at 12:15 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    A petition to change the entire structure of the venue layouts that have been agreed upon by the artist/management, and in which thousands of tickets have already been sold?

Funniest shit I've read in a long time. If not being able to mosh around like a 15 year old is really that big of a deal, there's a hundred shitty bands touring this summer one can do that at.
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 03-19-2014 at 12:33 AM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I'm not happy about the high prices, but if both bands follow suit and change the setlists up night to night (SG has been known to drastically change sets), the it will all be worth it for the 4 or 5 shows I end up going to. Some of the Australian setlists for NIN have been pretty good for only 90 minutes (PLEASE Drop THTF & Survivalism for this tour though) and I've never seen SG, so if I catch them a few times with a bunch of different songs each night I'll be over the moon.

I'd be shocked if we see NIN anywhere in the fall/early winter of 2014. The guy is older now, has a gazillion dollars, has two young kids and will have been on tour from now until almost September with only a few breaks in between. I'd love to be wrong though. How about a quiet songs tour in clubs or classy music halls?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I'm not happy about the high prices, but if both bands follow suit and change the setlists up night to night (SG has been known to drastically change sets), the it will all be worth it for the 4 or 5 shows I end up going to. Some of the Australian setlists for NIN have been pretty good for only 90 minutes (PLEASE Drop THTF & Survivalism for this tour though) and I've never seen SG, so if I catch them a few times with a bunch of different songs each night I'll be over the moon.

I'd be shocked if we see NIN anywhere in the fall/early winter of 2014. The guy is older now, has a gazillion dollars, has two young kids and will have been on tour from now until almost September with only a few breaks in between. I'd love to be wrong though. How about a quiet songs tour in clubs or classy music halls?
    Drop THTF and Survivalism on the big money co-headlining tour? You're a funny one, I see.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    there's a hundred shitty bands touring this summer one can do that at.
    Yes, but who wants to rock out to shitty music when you could rock out to AWESOME music!

The funny thing is, I don't even "mosh" anymore. But I still want GA floor. It's just nice to have the freedom to be able to walk around and change spots on the floor if you want to get another perspective or move away from annoying douchebags that are being obnoxious or blocking your view.

It's also about the energy on the floor, watching other people mosh just makes the show better. Hard to explain, just a feeling you get when your down on the floor pushed up against a couple thousand other people, hell you don't even have to be pushed up against them, but part of the fun is getting a rail spot and just getting the fuck squished out of you while you enjoy nobody blocking your view and headbanging to your fav tracks, with the option of saying "ya know, i'm sick of being up here, I want to go back a bit" and then you can take a break from the chaos.

Also, Having a GA floor ticket at the last show at the Molson Amphitheatre in Toronto meant you could even go up to the lawn and then back down to the floor. It was so nice to just freely go wherever you wanted. I have a feeling that with an assigned seat, they won't allow you to go up to the lawn area. Just nice to have options of not being confined to one spot the whole show.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Drop THTF and Survivalism on the big money co-headlining tour? You're a funny one, I see.
    I didn't say it was likely, I'm just hoping. Who is clamoring for Survivalism though? Where was that a mainstream hit exactly?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I wouldn't be surprised if Closer makes a comeback on this tour...
    I however, would hope nobody in the right mind is clamoring for Only.

If it's one track to retire, let it be Only. I'll take Survivalism over Only anyday of the week.

But Kyle is right, at least the ending half of the set is gonna be the mega-hit single power half hour with all the heavy hitters such as Wish, Gave Up, HLAH, Hurt, Survivalism, and THTF.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 03-19-2014 at 01:13 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I didn't say it was likely, I'm just hoping. Who is clamoring for Survivalism though? Where was that a mainstream hit exactly?
    In Trent's head

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I've heard it on mainstream radio before. Not a ton, but more than Wish, MOTP and TDTWWA (and a few other singles I'm sure) combined.

Actually, for this tour, since it will be more bro-tastic than previous NIN tours, he should just play all his singles. It would satisfy the bros because it's all his singles. Even the promo only ones. Can't get more bro-tastic than that. And it will satisfy us because TPD, HiS, WITT, etc. Everyone is happy.

And then for the encore, he can play Fixed straight through so that the bros will leave and traffic won't be so bad.

Trent should hire me to be his manager. I'm a fucking genius.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i don't know, i've been up front on the rail at many shows on many tours...the whole idea of "the push" got old after a while and it started to get annoying...opening band's done house lights up and OH, here we go again! : eye roll : a long time ago the idea of the push was that an actual mosh pit started in the middle of the pit and about a hundred people said "screw that!" and moved as to not get pummeled and only had one direction to go, forward...now it seems that everyone just pushes forward for the sake of pushing forward because it's what you're "supposed" to do. i can't do it anymore (because i'm old) i like to be up front but i don't mind being in a seat or in all that ample room behind everyone pushing. and i'm glad the last few shows i remember the ACTUAL show and not fending off some sweaty dude or avoiding that drunk girl's puke. just my opinion, for all y'all who like it, have at it and have fun...i'll be in the back with the rest of the geezers...
    Last edited by Yogibear303; 03-19-2014 at 01:35 AM. Reason: spelling

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    good point all re: Irvine

I can only say that historically, I HAVE received GA PIT tickets with Row/Seat numbers. That said, I've never actually gotten a pit ticket to Irvine cuz that pit is so fucking small.
    Yeah, I've had numbered GA tickets before too, but normally it still says GA (or "standing only" or something like that) on them, and the numbers/sections/rows are just (I assume) for accounting purposes. But usually /something/ still indicates it's general admittance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm very excited to have seats in the front for this show. I'm short and getting crowded behind tall people sucks. I'm old and getting pushed around isn't as much fun as it used to be. It's much easier to watch the show. Plus I'll be attending the WPB show, South Florida in August is fucking hot and humid, so some space is good.