i love the charlatans... there's a few bands on the cusp of the madchester/shoegaze sort of crossover, and they've got some great material as well. also agreed on curve. while i love them dearly, i agree that some more ambitious songwriting would have really elevated them to the next level, but that's certainly no complaints against their work, especially the early EPs and doppelganger.

shreena- i don't spotify, but i meant to make that list above into youtube links, but the auto-embed thwarted me. maybe i can zip you something up before the holidays!

if you guys dig on ameosoeurs (love them) try a lot of the french coldwave bands. i feel like they combine shoegaze, black metal, and 'la vague froide'/coldwave- a french variant on lush post-punk music. i highly recommend little nemo and asylum party in that vein (though discussion here might have to be another thread if there's sufficient interest).

Quote Originally Posted by xmd 5a View Post
Just recently got into For Against. In the Marshes was a love-at-first-listen affair for me.
i am very happy to hear this! when i was playing with the chameleons last year, for against opened, and i was blown away by them. they are always consistent (almost every album is great) though the first three are the best. two words: AMEN YVES!