Page 20 of 77 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I always buy the CDs, by any artist I love. This is no different.

Was going to buy the full version on Amazon with the few strange bucks left on my gift card balance but I was able to get the iTunes version free so whatever.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    3-13-12, not too shabby.

anyway, i'm not really sure I'm that excited on getting the 'album' version of No Reflection. I can just wait. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i had to stop playing No Reflection because i don't want it to end up like We're From America or Arma-goddamn-motherfuckin-geddon, over played to where i can't listen to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    just cause it's awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Especially with the new single version with the added atmospherics I'm really starting to enjoy No Reflection. It's a very straightforward song but really, I don't expect much from a Manson lead single. They're usually some of my least favorite songs on the album.

Of course, I've been cautiously optimistic with each new Marilyn Manson release, so we'll see if my hopes get dashed again. Being a Manson fan reminds me of being a Sonic fan:

Last edited by Pemulis; 03-14-2012 at 10:13 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Bored at 5.30 in the morning.
    Last edited by jezstyle; 03-14-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    That about sums it up for oh....the last decade or so?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    He forgot to mention:

"'True' fans continue to suck his dick"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    "Ect.Ect.Ect.Ect.Ect.Ect."

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by demo View Post
    "Ect.Ect.Ect.Ect.Ect.Ect."
    honestly not being a dick, just have OCD (really). it's "Etc." as it's short for "et cetera."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    honestly not being a dick, just have OCD (really). it's "Etc." as it's short for "et cetera."
    bwahahahahaha you're completely right. I just completely realized I'm retarded and... that's what I get for posting while drunk.

i already knew this. hahaha
    Last edited by demo; 03-15-2012 at 09:39 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Not sure if this 'the music network' interview was posted http://bit.ly/wDX8EZ .
    Some points I found interesting:

“[Born Villain] felt like making a first record because I went in with only ambition and only the confidence and determination to impress people that heard it for the first time,” he says.

and

“It sounds like the exact record I’ve wanted all of my heroes to make at this point in their career and sometimes they don’t. I might have [previously] had that off-period, in my opinion, but this is the one that punches you right in the stomach.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by demo View Post
    3-13-12, not too shabby.

anyway, i'm not really sure I'm that excited on getting the 'album' version of No Reflection. I can just wait. lol
    man that performance was horrible....

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danebraddy View Post
    Not sure if this 'the music network' interview was posted http://bit.ly/wDX8EZ .
    Some points I found interesting:

“[Born Villain] felt like making a first record because I went in with only ambition and only the confidence and determination to impress people that heard it for the first time,” he says.

and

“It sounds like the exact record I’ve wanted all of my heroes to make at this point in their career and sometimes they don’t. I might have [previously] had that off-period, in my opinion, but this is the one that punches you right in the stomach.”
    This one got my attention, and it shows that he's at least aware that he's been sucking balls for quite a while:
    "I became very self-destructive, then I went through a period where I made a few records. My last two records were where I was uncertain of who I was. I was trying to find myself. In fact, Manson views those records (2007’s [sic] The High End of Low and 2009’s [sic] Eat Me, Drink Me) with such pain and disconnect he refuses to play any of their tracks on this current tour.

Unfortunately, the interview was done while Manson was all sorts of coked out, so it's hard to think that it's more than just talk:
    "
    In a dark, fifth-floor hotel room at The Sheraton in Sydney, Marilyn Manson is talking about grammatical preferences and Trent Reznor, completely unperturbed by the thick ring of cocaine settled in his left nostril."

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    Unfortunately, the interview was done while Manson was all sorts of coked out, so it's hard to think that it's more than just talk:"In a dark, fifth-floor hotel room at The Sheraton in Sydney, Marilyn Manson is talking about grammatical preferences and Trent Reznor, completely unperturbed by the thick ring of cocaine settled in his left nostril."

On cocaine or not during that, I believe it when he says he won't play any songs from those albums. None has popped up yet.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Ah, right, point taken. I was thinking mostly about the new album.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I really like that interview.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    It takes alot of balls to admit your last 2 albums were failures. I think I may have just gained a little more respect for this man again just now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I am a little wary though, I remember both Manson and Twiggy saying THEOL was the bet thing they've done, not that I expect them to say "Hey we have a new album, it's not as good as others but buy it anyway" but it wasn't.

By admitting that the last two albums (while I thought showed some signs of awesomeness) were weaker than past efforts it put A LOT of pressure on this one.

I also hope he includes TGAOG in the 'weak' category...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    tbh i don't think he was saying he felt his last two records were failures, i read it more as he associates those two records with a painful and confusing period of his life, that he doesn't particularly want to relive. similar to how reznor felt about the fragile for years.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    RAMMSTEIN will perform with MARILYN MANSON his world hit THE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE live at this year's Echo Award show! The German music award ECHO will be broadcasted live in the ARD on March, 22nd at 8.15 pm. All fans can witness the performance at the same time via Live-Stream.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    RAMMSTEIN will perform with MARILYN MANSON his world hit THE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE live at this year's Echo Award show! The German music award ECHO will be broadcasted live in the ARD on March, 22nd at 8.15 pm. All fans can witness the performance at the same time via Live-Stream.
    Whoa, never thought I'd see or think of that. Cool news.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    .noooooooo!!!!!! I have to work that day. Someone please rip it!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Hearing rumours that Manson is gonna be supporting Rammstein in the States now. BRB, looking at flight tickets.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    nope, Manson has his own tour while Rammstein is here as well. the dates dont match up. Would have been an amazing surprise. Unless those dates are fake, which is highly unlikely.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Goddamn Facebook. Then again, given how much of a troll Manson is, I may still have to keep an eye open.

Rammstein did have Deathstars over here, which was basically a vision of the depths Manson still has to reach.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by antiskum View Post
    tbh i don't think he was saying he felt his last two records were failures, i read it more as he associates those two records with a painful and confusing period of his life, that he doesn't particularly want to relive. similar to how reznor felt about the fragile for years.
    I think you're right on this one..... but goddamn, I'd at least want him to play "Pretty as a swastika"... musically, it fits the flow of the short sets. *shrugs*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I see a lot of comments about how YMTDM3 is one of peoples most listened to off Eat Me Drink Me. I really enjoy that song and wouldn't mind hearing it live.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post

Rammstein did have Deathstars over here, which was basically a vision of the depths Manson still has to reach.
    I lol'd! Hard!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So... the official forum is still down isn't it? I check it every so often and it's still closed. Odd that it always seems to happen before the release of a new album.

Is there even a fairly active Manson forum anymore? This thread is probably the most Manson discussion I really see on the net these days.