Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Ben's breakdown was too long but it showed some awesome acting by Richard Beymer (maybe one of the top 3 actors on the show along with Ray Wise...)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    http://www.blastr.com/2014-10-3/do-m...n-revival-near

One wonders if this is feasible... Frank Silva is no longer with us. Don S. Davis is no longer with us...

But still, the idea is so tantalising... Particularly if Lynch and Frost are on board...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I hope if Lynch does do Twin Peaks again that he goes back to film, or gets a good digital camera with a good cinematographer. I like his digital stuff, but primarily for the ideas. I think his 'film' films are gorgeous, and really captures the somewhat dreamlike state he goes for than his recent digital stuff does.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Didn't he say, though, that it'd likely be a reboot if it ever happened? He also seemed reluctant to be involved. So who knows? Minds change.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Lynch has said "It's possible", so i'll guess we'll have to wait and see, the tweets were also a good indication, i think it's a good project for Lynch, since he's not directing anything.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Only 9 episodes though? Come onnnn...

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I love this news but in the back of my mind, I have questions. How's this going to go down? Will it hold up to the original? I'm watching it regardless.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    My question is: Is Audrey still hot, or just burnt?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    My question is: Is Audrey still hot, or just burnt?
    I'll go with "burnt"

Madchen Amick is still looking pretty hot, though...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Someone, please fucking slap me.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/n...2016-showtime/

This is actually happening...

Right?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Yes it is:

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    As much as i love Twin Peaks i will be having very cautious optimism toward the new go at it. I want it to be awesome just as much as everyone else but i don't wanna get my hopes up and i can't help but feel it's too late no matter the "I'll see you again in 25 years" narrative, i mean they didn't have to follow that EXACTLY....

So now assuming they bring a lot of the same characters back and the actors/actresses that played them... seeing as some of them have aged so much i think it's just going to look weird, you sort of remember the likeness one way and sometimes being reintroduced to them again with a different appearance (sometimes drastically so thanks to plastic surgeries and other things) it can be hard welcome that change, to have it be as believable again or something. Not to mention some actors have died since then... will they be recast or simply written out of the story?....

i don't really know what they have planned to be sure, i guess i just don't entirely know how to feel about this right now. We shall see what happens.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Was just thinking the other day I should really try to watch season 2 and the film. And Lynch's other work for that matter. Exciting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am very excited about this news. I recently watched Twin Peaks over the course of 3 days during the summer. It's my favorite show because I got deeply attached to the characters and plotline. David Lynch is pure genius and I have great optimism that the new episodes will be fantastic for us fans and people alike.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Hope this news doesn't make my Complete Collection Box Set mean absolutely nothing when they inevitably rerelease it with this new 2016 ShowTime season.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

Somehow i bet Cooper's Bob inhabited doppelganger has been having just as good of a time as evident in the way Leland was depicted.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Please, let this be fucking good.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I watched Twin Peaks in its entirety last year over the fall for the very first time, sans the film. I fell pretty hard for it, to the point that I was on the verge of tears at the very last cliffhanger. That complete lack of closure was hard to take.

I am THRILLED that they are making a continuation. It will be fascinating to see how the town will appear in today's world, and how the characters have changed (the passage of time, to me, justifies the aging of the actors/actresses). I simply can't wait.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshata View Post
    (the passage of time, to me, justifies the aging of the actors/actresses).
    In reality yeah but in the world of Twin Peaks i dunno..... especially since the Waiting Room/Black Lodge has such a timeless existence.. it would just be hard to reflect that now i think.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The only reason I'm not super upset by this is that Lynch is on EVERY episode, otherwise I'd be furious.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I almost shit myself when I read about this. For years and years Lynch kept saying the Twin Peaks was dead, he'd never come back to it and that was that. It made any talk of reviving it wishful thinking, or at worst a money grab that may not involve Lynch. But reading that Lynch and Frost have remained good friends, that they're both writing all the episodes, that Lynch is directing the entire thing -- that gives us definite hope. Yeah, some of the returning cast might look weird having aged 25 years... but really, I'd say as long as Kyle McLachlan can still pull off Agent Cooper that's all that matters. I hope they can do a sensible mix of returning and new people.

This is going to be agony, it's still a year and a half away and I'm already debating with myself whether in the future I want to read every casting rumor, set news, etc, or if I want to dive back in blind.
    Last edited by Sebek; 10-07-2014 at 02:27 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebek View Post
    I'd say as long as Kyle McLachlan can still pull off Agent Cooper that's all that matters.
    if his performance on a recent episode of Agents Of SHIELD is any indication, i think he's definitely still got the wherewithal and acting chops to pull it off, and i'm really excited.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    if his performance on a recent episode of Agents Of SHIELD is any indication, i think he's definitely still got the wherewithal and acting chops to pull it off, and i'm really excited.
    Not to mention he's been enthusiastic (and up-front) about wanting to do more Twin Peaks since the show was canceled. I have no doubt that he will give it his all, whatever the circumstances.
    Last edited by Aywok; 10-07-2014 at 01:09 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I hope there are some new, sinister lodge spirits that come into play.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Im jacked as hell for this, especially reading that it for sure will be a continuation and not a reboot. It's going to be really interesting to speculate what the cinematography will look like, all the actors that will be involved, the plots, shit, even wardrobe and set design. Watching the old episodes now, it all very much carries the early-90s vibe, and I'm really excited to see how that town has changed in 25 years. Or maybe how it hasn't changed? I can still see James rocking the James Dean vibe while pushing 50.

Badalamenti HAS to do the score, unless they just decide to use all the old music, which would be okay too. OR.....Badalamenti collaborating with Trent and Atticus!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Also, just a random thought, has anything like this ever been done before? A continuation/reboot (not a remake) of a show after this many years?

Having it on Showtime is a bonus, also. Lynch can pretty much do what he wants content wise and not worry about toning anything down as far as language, violence or nudity are concerned.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perceptionnexus View Post
    Also, just a random thought, has anything like this ever been done before? A continuation/reboot (not a remake) of a show after this many years?
    I don't know if there are other examples but what comes to mind right away is the Dallas revival. TNT brought it back not too long ago with a mix of old original Dallas cast along with a new generation of characters... it lasted 3 seasons before just recently being cancelled. I never watched either version of the show so I couldn't say how that transition went.