Page 100 of 135 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 3,000 of 4043

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I'm glad I bought my copies of MA and HW new when I had the chance! Was ACSS ever released on vinyl officially?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I'm glad I bought my copies of MA and HW new when I had the chance! Was ACSS ever released on vinyl officially?
    Yes. There was a release in 96 and 2 reissues years later. One was a picture disc, the other was on red vinyl I think. Both hot topic exclusives and almost as rare as the original nowadays.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Yup, first round was the Simply Vinyl pressing.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    As annoyed and pissy as I can be with Manson nowadays, if he re-pressed Antichrist/MA/HW on vinyl I would empty out my bank account immediately and with no hesitations to pick them up.

It still boggles my mind that he hasn't. Maybe it's not up to him, who knows.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    As annoyed and pissy as I can be with Manson nowadays, if he re-pressed Antichrist/MA/HW on vinyl I would empty out my bank account immediately and with no hesitations to pick them up.

It still boggles my mind that he hasn't. Maybe it's not up to him, who knows.
    There was supposed to be that 20 year ACSS repress a while back. He’s just a fucking idiot and he doesn’t care.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Does Reznor/Nothing Records partly own ACSS? Not that I think Trent will stand in Manson's way here; just curious.

Perhaps MM is waiting next year for the 25th anniversary. Maybe there's a remaster that wasn't quite done. Maybe there are packaging issues. Most likely, he's just being lazy with it or focussing on other projects.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I thought Trent threw the masters of ACSS in the trash along with Charlie Clousers equipment etc

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    I thought Trent threw the masters of ACSS in the trash along with Charlie Clousers equipment etc
    Manson himself said that never happened in 2017 or so when he was asked about them being in touch again.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Manson put up a Black Lives Matter post on insta today. I have to say, I'm sort of shocked. Not because I think he hates black people or anything, but because he has sort of tapped out of social/political/cultural discourse over the last few years (aside from that Donald Trump decapitation stunt video anyway).

It has, predictably, pissed off a lot of his fans and they are losing it in his comment section. Good on him for saying something, and I mean that sincerely. Maybe he's been paying attention after all.
    Last edited by eachpassingphase; 06-01-2020 at 01:16 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    Manson put up a Black Lives Matter post on insta today. I have to say, I'm sort of shocked. Not because I think he hates black people or anything, but because he has sort of tapped out of social/political/cultural discourse over the last few years (aside from that Donald Trump decapitation stunt video anyway).

It has, predictably, pissed off a lot of his fans and they are losing it in his comment section. Good on him for saying something, and I mean that sincerely. Maybe he's been paying attention after all.
    Why would it piss off his fan base though - are a big proportion white supremacists?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Why would it piss off his fan base though - are a big proportion white supremacists?
    because white folks in this country who have benefitted from and been complicit in systems of racial inequality don't like to be confronted with that information. it's like the dudes who respond "NOT ALL MEN" when something that tends to be an issue with some men gets brought up. not being an active racist/misogynist doesn't mean they're innocent, and having to face that reality and try to be better is too hard for them, so instead they lash out and get overly defensive (thus further outing themselves as a huge part of the problem).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    No, I actually think it's because a lot of them are racists and that phrase is coded language to hide behind

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Will be hilarious to suddenly watch the scourge of ETS suddenly turn into a hero because of one instagram post

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adamsrib View Post
    Top tier virtue signaling
    I love that we live in an era where attempting to show sympathy, empathy, solidarity, or concern for others is so horrible that we had to invent a phrase that carried a negative connotation to throw out whenever we want to take someone down for doing something inherently positive.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    True, but remember...it's social media in the year 2020. We've given voices to everyone, so now nobody's opinion means anything anymore. Best to just ignore.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    We all signal our virtues every day, you and I included. We all have a mental Rolodex of the things we believe to be morally correct, virtuous or otherwise valuable and we are all regularly broadcasting them to the world around us. Detached, edgelord irony does not exempt us from virtue signaling. Wearing an "Art is Resistance" shirt is a form of virtue signaling. Supporting causes and organizations - no matter their political leaning, is a form of virtue signaling. We do it with our conversations, how we spend our money, who we choose to marry (or not marry), our religion or lack thereof and even in the way we choose to critique people on the internet.

In fact, using the term "virtue signaling" derisively is itself a kind of virtue signal. It signals to everyone who just read your post that you believe his post to be either insincere and untrustworthy or that the post itself is antithetical to your morals and principles in some way.

Here's the deal; maybe Manson is sincere, maybe he isn't. Manson hasn't always had consistent views on social issues regarding race. Just a couple of years ago he mentioned on some interview that he thought racism was a "made up word" or something of that nature. Which isn't consistent with the ethos of Black Lives Matter. But people do change, and his current girlfriend (fiance?) has been pretty open about her views on social media for a while. It's possible she or other folks have influenced him and changed his mind. Or maybe he's just jumping on the bandwagon. Nobody here has any clue of his sincerity.

The entire premise of the Black Lives Matter movement is that black people do not believe that the American justice system or society at large deals with them in a virtuous or moral way at all. Why is that a belief to hold contempt for? Why is that idea not worth examining? If they are wrong about that belief, then we've lost nothing by listening to their evidence and considering it. If they are correct and we refuse to listen and consider, then they have everything to lose.

Even if Manson doesn't really believe what he posted, he still has more influence over the culture at large than most of us do individually. And maybe that makes a few of his fans who still worship his every thought (of which there still are plenty) think a little bit harder about their own virtues.

We should all be constantly evaluating what we believe to be righteous, moral and yes, virtuous, every day. We can only ever be better for it.
    Last edited by eachpassingphase; 06-02-2020 at 08:57 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    May be worth noting that Manson is also a shock artist first and foremost. He's most likely fully aware that part of his fanbase is racist. Pissing them off by showing his support for something they're against is, I'm sure, intentional.

Plus, it's both a good cause *and* it gets us talking about him again. 100% win for Mr. Warner.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I was going to say something but I read the post from @eachpassingphase and realized it was already there and better said to boot.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Maybe it would also do us all well to remember that this is also not the first time that Manson has lent his voice to a good cause.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    You never watched Clone High? Shit, you missed out big time.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    I...had never seen that...thing.
    Good news: while the pricing on out of print DVD sets is painfully high, it's $12 for the whole series in digital via Amazon. Highly, highly recommended if you have any interest in history or irreverent cartoons. If you like both...jackpot.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I...had never seen that...thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    You never watched Clone High? Shit, you missed out big time.
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Good news: while the pricing on out of print DVD sets is painfully high, it's $12 for the whole series in digital via Amazon. Highly, highly recommended if you have any interest in history or irreverent cartoons. If you like both...jackpot.
    i was a sophomore in high school when it aired on mtv, which means i was the same age as the characters, so it was perfect timing.

i still have every word of the food pyramid song memorized, and regularly get it stuck in my head (especially when justifying how many carbs i'm eating in a day).

i own the DVD set! i bought it on amazon like 10 years ago when it was only $25, so i definitely got lucky. the unskippable menu intros are so irritating, but it's worth it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i own the DVD set! i bought it on amazon like 10 years ago when it was only $25, so i definitely got lucky. the unskippable menu intros are so irritating, but it's worth it.
    I mean, if both of these aren't in your home, are you really even a real person?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I’m not‽ Holy shit...this is so freeing.
    you have been freed from your fleshprison. you are now just a consciousness. congratulations!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    you have been freed from your fleshprison. you are now just a consciousness. congratulations!
    We could all be so lucky.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    We could all be so lucky.
    What, you're not a level five laser lotus yet? pshaw.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    What, you're not a level five laser lotus yet? pshaw.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Just wanted to put this up here for all you Manson fans

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post

Just wanted to put this up here for all you Manson fans
    I’ve seen this and heard it before. I’m not saying it wasn’t him. But is there proof that it was? Timelines line up, and I know this has been discussed before. What’s the general consensus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Well, put this for reference. When she came out with this, it was speculated it was Mickey Rourke, and she went on the record to deny it:
    https://www.newsweek.com/evan-rachel...gations-829041

The timeline matches up with Manson, and she's never put out a statement to negate that. So yah, it's him, but she can't say it, because he'd sue her.