Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I've been getting disconnected alot these last two days. Is this common or is it just me?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I've been getting disconnected alot these last two days. Is this common or is it just me?
    Happened to me several times during single player missions. Happened twice in single player on Moon missions and once in a Strike. I think it's hilarious I have server issues playing a single player game....

Phogoth is an asshole. These Strike Bosses aren't even difficult....they just take thousands of ammunition and lots of time to drop. Must've taken me and the two randoms like 35 minutes to defeat him.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Wow, Xur has some sick gear...just decked my lvl 20 to a ridiculous amount haha...too bad he's only in The Tower on weekends...and too bad stock costs so many damn Strange Coins....had so many and now they're gone.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Wow, Xur has some sick gear...just decked my lvl 20 to a ridiculous amount haha...too bad he's only in The Tower on weekends...and too bad stock costs so many damn Strange Coins....had so many and now they're gone.
    I haven't played excessively so:

How long and how much grinding are needed to get worthy gear and weapons?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    A lot lol. Like WoW, there'll always be someone with better gear and/or weaponry. Once you hit 20, there are a ton of ways to keep going...check this:

Getting past level 20.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Damn, this multiplayer is more fun than I definitely had on the beta...balanced, fast...good shit.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Played salvage with a friend. So much fun.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Damn, this multiplayer is more fun than I definitely had on the beta...balanced, fast...good shit.
    You're also level 20, I presume?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So does anyone want to play the Crucible with me? I literally get the worst teams ever and have lost every game I've played minus 2 games. It's frustrating and old.

So just how long does it actually take to get something that's worth a damn? Holy shit, I just dumped 3 hrs of my time and didn't get a single rare! The game lacks in rewarding you of anything, least in my case. I'm a high level 17 now so the fact I'm not getting shit is odd.

Or does this game, rewards and gameplay remain non-existent until level 20? I'm starting to think so. Fuck.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 09-13-2014 at 12:24 AM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    the game mostly opens up at 20. in PVP everything is flattened to be balanced. I eat shit to level 10s all the time. I think it's fairly balanced so far, but I usually top out. I'd play wiht you guys, but I'm ps4....

join the clan!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    funny, now when im interested in the game the gaming crowd online has apparently erupted in backlash. review scores don't look that good.

i'm probably still getting it tomorrow. that high level pvp looks pretty decent.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    You're also level 20, I presume?

I got gear that was 'worth it' by the time I was...level 15 or so? At 20 it kind of plateaus and becomes a bit more of a level playing field, I usually win about 3 or 4 outta 5 matches or so. Everyone also forgets that like half the PvP modes say 'level advantages disabled' so it becomes about as level as it gets.

As for review scores, I haven't bothered with that for like 3 years. I haven't even checked Metacritic or whatever for Watch Dogs, Titanfall, PvZ, anything...who cares. It's the vocal minority as always. For every person whining about Destiny online, I see about 100 running around The Tower.

In other news, this game is bonkers good. Level 23 is a long, slow grind though...think I'm gonna stick with Vangaurd ranking and Crucible ranking to get shit hot gear so I can prep for the Vault of Glass.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    How do I join a clan? Do I need an invite? Just play a few rounds of skirmish and got destroyed. A lvl 24 basically wrecking shop.

As for reviews. If I want to hear one, I'll usually go to the word of mouth either by word of mouth or regular joes on YouTube.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Wasn't really interested in this, but after watching somebody play it and me test driving it for a few days I picked it up. Doesn't seem like its going to change your life, but its pretty fun and the combat is nice for this type of game.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

I got gear that was 'worth it' by the time I was...level 15 or so? At 20 it kind of plateaus and becomes a bit more of a level playing field, I usually win about 3 or 4 outta 5 matches or so. Everyone also forgets that like half the PvP modes say 'level advantages disabled' so it becomes about as level as it gets.

As for review scores, I haven't bothered with that for like 3 years. I haven't even checked Metacritic or whatever for Watch Dogs, Titanfall, PvZ, anything...who cares. It's the vocal minority as always. For every person whining about Destiny online, I see about 100 running around The Tower.

In other news, this game is bonkers good. Level 23 is a long, slow grind though...think I'm gonna stick with Vangaurd ranking and Crucible ranking to get shit hot gear so I can prep for the Vault of Glass.
    Yeah, I know level advantages are disabled but I can't help but think I still get killed and stomped by people higher than me because they have better stuff. I usually die 4 out of 5 times against someone higher than me, no matter what it is. It's a bit of a pain. I know you get 2 crucible marks just for playing a match but it just sucks horrendously to get put onto the worse team almost every match and go on a 10 match losing streak (like last night, no joke). Essentially its punishing me because I don't have friends to play with and it is bullshit. I also don't really "easily" make friends to party up with random people I don't know for fuck all.

Oh well, I just have to go up one and a half more levels to 20 and then hopefully I'll be able to have more fun with this than what I am. I want to.

Also, for anyone who didn't have them, here:

Promotional Trading Card Codes (Unlocks Grimoire Cards):
    01: YKA-RJG-MH9 (Class: Warlock)
    02: MVD-4N3-NKH (Class: Titan)
    03: 3DA-P4X-F6A (Class: Hunter)
    04: TCN-HCD-TGY (Fallen: Rixis, Devil Archon)
    05: HDX-ALM-V4K (Destination: Cosmodrome)
    06: 473-MXR-3X9 (Enemy: Hive)
    07: JMR-LFN-4A3 (Destination: The Ocean Of Storms, Moon)
    08: HC3-H44-DKC (Exotic: Gjallarhorn)
    09: 69P-KRM-JJA (Destination: The Tower)
    10: 69P-VCH-337 (Exotic: The Last Word)
    11: 69R-CKD-X7L (Hive: Ogre)
    12: 69R-DDD-FCP (Destination: Valley of Kings, Mars)
    13: 69R-F99-AXG (Enemy: The Fallen)
    14: 69R-VL7-J6A (Exotic: Red Death)
    15: 69X-DJN-74V (Enemy: Cabal)
    16: 6A7-7NP-3X7 (Destination: Shattered Coast, Venus)
    17: 6A9-DTG-YGN (Vex: Minotaur)
    destinyplanetview.com Reward Code (Unlocks Emblem):
    01: 7F9-767-F74 (Emblem: Sign Of The Finite)
    Limited Edition Hidden Codes (Unlocks Emblems and Shaders):
    01: FJ9-LAM-67F (Emblem: Binding Focus)
    02: JDT-NLC-JKM (Emblem: Ab Aeterno)
    03: JNX-DMH-XLA (Emblem: Field of Light)
    04: 7CP-94V-LFP (Emblem: Lone Focus, Jagged Edge)
    05: JD7-4CM-HJG (Emblem: Illusion of Light)
    06: 7MM-VPD-MHP (Shader: Double Banshee)
    07: RXC-9XJ-4MH (Shader: Oracle 99)
    08: X4C-FGX-MX3 (Emblem: Note of Conquest)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The gear has to give some sort of advantages. Why go through all the trouble to get them, only for them to be useless? Some of these guys can take a lot more damage than some.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Ugh.

Some of the playlists have advantages, some don't. I didn't even bother trying PvP until I had entirely blue gear. Think more Warcraft, less CoD. I've been in the Vanguard Wolf playlist, farming Vanguard marks...and I haven't gone through one single Strike without getting at least one blue Engram, which has got me to almost level 24 now. The CoD mentality is what pretty much all FPS games have become lately. 'If I'm not destroying everyone and winning every game...I'm not having fun. This sucks.'

Well, then farm for better gear. Think more Warcraft and less CoD. Every match has to have a winner and a loser. There's so much to do in this game, stay away from PvP for a while. Go do the daily Heroic or weekly Strike. Go find one of the vendors like the Dead Orbit guy in The Tower, buy his class Mark which gives you Dead Orbit for every single kill...then go to a super easy level and just farm the shit out of mobs until you get enough to go back to him and get incredibly juiced weaponry and gear. THEN go back to PvP and wreck shit.

You lose 10 matches in a row. Oh well, you still got Crucible marks and xp. Keep playing until you can use it to buy better gear. Or play a playlist like Salvage which has no level advantages...you'll level up extremely fast. I think people are just going about their mindset all wrong thinking it's just a FPS deathmatch shooter. It's more rpg. Go to the Earth patrol mission and find the open shed in the middle of the first area where mobs literally respawn after you kill them in like 15 seconds. In 15 minutes of farming with a consumable equipped that got me extra glimmer, I racked up like 4K in no time, and got no less than 20 green Engrams and even a few blues. If you don't like the game, go play something else. Easy.

In other news, the depth of this game is batshit bonkers. Another piece of advice is to farm Strikes like mad, great xp, tons of Engram drops...then take all your Engrams to the decrypter...every time you decrypt enough (in addition to possibly getting better gear or weapons) you fill the meter. Every time you level that up, you go to the Postmaster and the reward is another three blue Engrams. One of which can surely help you. Or run around the levels collecting the Spinmetal or Helium Tanks or whatever, then at The Tower in the Hall of Guardians in the center lower level, you can trade them in for Crucible marks. Easy currency. The amount of 'just one more mission...just one more mission' here is ridiculously satisfying.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 09-13-2014 at 04:13 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Ugh.

Some of the playlists have advantages, some don't. I didn't even bother trying PvP until I had entirely blue gear. Think more Warcraft, less CoD. I've been in the Vanguard Wolf playlist, farming Vanguard marks...and I haven't gone through one single Strike without getting at least one blue Engram, which has got me to almost level 24 now. The CoD mentality is what pretty much all FPS games have become lately. 'If I'm not destroying everyone and winning every game...I'm not having fun. This sucks.'

Well, then farm for better gear. Think more Warcraft and less CoD. Every match has to have a winner and a loser. There's so much to do in this game, stay away from PvP for a while. Go do the daily Heroic or weekly Strike. Go find one of the vendors like the Dead Orbit guy in The Tower, buy his class Mark which gives you Dead Orbit for every single kill...then go to a super easy level and just farm the shit out of mobs until you get enough to go back to him and get incredibly juiced weaponry and gear. THEN go back to PvP and wreck shit.

You lose 10 matches in a row. Oh well, you still got Crucible marks and xp. Keep playing until you can use it to buy better gear. Or play a playlist like Salvage which has no level advantages...you'll level up extremely fast. I think people are just going about their mindset all wrong thinking it's just a FPS deathmatch shooter. It's more rpg. Go to the Earth patrol mission and find the open shed in the middle of the first area where mobs literally respawn after you kill them in like 15 seconds. In 15 minutes of farming with a consumable equipped that got me extra glimmer, I racked up like 4K in no time, and got no less than 20 green Engrams and even a few blues. If you don't like the game, go play something else. Easy.

In other news, the depth of this game is batshit bonkers. Another piece of advice is to farm Strikes like mad, great xp, tons of Engram drops...then take all your Engrams to the decrypter...every time you decrypt enough (in addition to possibly getting better gear or weapons) you fill the meter. Every time you level that up, you go to the Postmaster and the reward is another three blue Engrams. One of which can surely help you. Or run around the levels collecting the Spinmetal or Helium Tanks or whatever, then at The Tower in the Hall of Guardians in the center lower level, you can trade them in for Crucible marks. Easy currency. The amount of 'just one more mission...just one more mission' here is ridiculously satisfying.
    I do like the game, I like it A LOT more than I did initially.

I don't have the Call of Duty mindset. I don't tie my fun with winning or losing (like it's coming off) but there's little excitement or fun to be had within PvP when I can go positive just about every match, be within the top 3 players and do the objectives while some other guy does nothing but farms kills in Control or some jackass goes 3/16 on Clash. Most matches (when I do manage to even get a reward) I get a common/uncommon weapon, I don't even get engrams. Since I've done PvP I've gotten maybe 3 at most. Minus the Crucible Marks when you lose just about every match no matter how good or shitty you play it just gets a bit stale, like I didn't even do anything with the time wasted other than go up a small bit in XP. As for why I even bother to play PvP, I love multiplayer and I need interaction. I can't sit and play SOLO in single player missions for 3 or 4 hrs without getting bored. Grinding is boring already but doing it alone? Death.

I don't want to be handed shit on a silver platter but I've only gotten two, TWO rare items and I'm a level 18. Both were from NPCs, not even drops. I've done at LEAST 20-30 PvP matches, the Earth Strike Mission at least 4 times, the Moon Strike once, level 18 Vanguard Playlist Strike Mission once and a TON of Vanguard and Crucible Bounties. It's not like I'm just whining about nothing, I've actually put considerable time into this game and haven't seen fruits of my labor yet.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Other than being able to play a sweet video game?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Hit lvl 20!!!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    My woes cease to exist. My friend bought it. Finally got someone. I created a new character to pair with his. I'll use my Hunter when I play alone.

Made a Titan.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    You don't really get a lot of rare items until after level 20, FYI.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    You don't really get a lot of rare items until after level 20, FYI.
    It was obvious and I figured but good to know I guess.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    3 new Emblems

1. The Unimagined Plane: X9F-GMA-H6D (NEW: 13/09/14)
    2. The Reflective Proof: N3L-XN6-PXF (NEW: 13/09/14)
    3. Flames of Forgotten Truth: A7L-FYC-44X (NEW: 13/09/14)

from
    http://www.xboxachievements.com/foru...d.php?t=588283

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    You guys are honestly the few that have been ok with this game. It's getting utterly slammed every where else i look. All i care about is high level MP and i can't seem to get a straight answer from people if it's worth it for just that.

My copy is sitting at best buy, still on the fence.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The mp is like halo but better. Youd hate it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Finally had a lot of fun. Having my friend buy it and hitting level 20 does wonders, I'm actually getting stuff worth a fuck now. <3

Played PvP for 2 straight hours.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    i don't care about PvP or multiplayer at all in most if not all games I buy. I don't like playing with people because in competitive games because for every decent player you find there are 16 utter douche fucks. I play destiny mostly solo, and only really work with other people during strikes or gold tier events if there are any folks in the vicinity. other than that, I can't be bothered. that being said, I'm enjoying the game, I'm at 20 with my Titan and working on 21. haven't finished the main story yet, and the one thing that irks me is the total lack of information readily available about the game world from the character's perspective. I know there are the grimoire cards, but between the app and bungie.net, they're tediously laid out and it's difficult to find what you're looking for. so many questions, and the story seems to ignore them all so far and just plows on ahead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just hit lvl 20 with my Titan last night. I'm seriously addicted to the Crucible. I'm not one to play online multiplayer very much but I haven't had this much fun with it since the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. I also joined the ets clan. Add me if you want:
    Psn Id: Hourisathand

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Again, I'll ask. How do I join a clan??? But yeah, I'm obsessed with crucible. Finally getting the hang of it and getting some kills. Been putting off doing my vanguard stuff...