Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Refused are not fucking dead!

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    New EP is a banger; Organic Organic Organic (Go Fuck Yourself) absolutely rips. It's a nice compliment to War Music, which I loved. My only complaint is that it blows by in warp speed at only 15 minutes in length. Kind of wish they had just banged out five more songs to make it a new full-length, or included their songs from under the Samurai moniker since none of them are going to be on the Cyberpunk 2077 soundtrack. Guess that's what downloads and CD-Rs are for..

I love getting older and still listening to the bands and musicians who changed my life when I was younger and still feeling those same vibes in their music all these years later. Refused will never be fucking dead..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Kind of wish they had just banged out five more songs to make it a new full-length, or included their songs from under the Samurai moniker since none of them are going to be on the Cyberpunk 2077 soundtrack. Guess that's what downloads and CD-Rs are for..
    I think I read somewhere that the Samurai songs could be released on a seperate EP in the near future. Maybe Dennis' instagram? It would make sense as those are written with a different approach. And maybe they can't release it before the game is out because of potential spoilers? At least I hope that there are even more Samurai songs that we haven't heard yet.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    New Samurai track from Cyberpunk. Excited if we get even more songs once the game is out:

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    So Refused recorded 6 songs for Cyberpunk. We can listen to 5 unless the last one is hidden in the game. And we will be getting a physical release it seems. Sweet! Digging all the tracks so far, with Black Dog being my favorite.

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    So Refused recorded 6 songs for Cyberpunk. We can listen to 5 unless the last one is hidden in the game. And we will be getting a physical release it seems. Sweet! Digging all the tracks so far, with Black Dog being my favorite.

A post shared by on

Kind of a missed opporrunity that they didn't announce this EP / put it up for pre-order along with the Cyberpunk 2077 soundtrack compilations vol. 1 and 2 or the release of the game itself. But I'm glad they will release it anyway. Soon...?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Pretty sure something got in the way or they couldn't figure out a format that they were happy with. I'd love a little vinyl EP with neat packaging, maybe even have six prints of the artstyle for people to enjoy without playing the game/having to own it. Like you said, a little soundtrack on it's own.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    New INVSN album Let the Night Love You is out since June 3rd.

https://invsn.bandcamp.com/album/let-the-night-love-you

Some great tracks on there. I need to give the whole album a little more attention before I am able to rank it among their others.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    The record is super nice, but yeah, no real standout tracks or "hits" on it. It's a slow burner, but a good one! Favorite song might be "slow disco" followed by "stay with me". But most of all I'm looking forward to see them again live! That's where their strenght is!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Oh shit Slow Disco is sexy. I haven't given Dennis' side pieces much time but maybe I need to change that. (inc aside)
    Last edited by cdm; 06-14-2022 at 08:04 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Oh shit Slow Disco is sexy. I haven't given Dennis' side pieces much time but maybe I need to change that. (inc aside)
    Yeah, INVSN is not really like Refused, more influenced by post punk and retro wave. Definitely worth checking out if you're a little bit into these genres. AC4 is more straight up hardcore punk and I still need to check out Fake Names myself. From what I've heard it's kind of classic punk rock in the vain of Bad Religion (no surprise considering the other members), so I wasn't very interested in it at the time they released their first record. More music is in the works though.

Anyway, as dlb pointed out: if you have the chance of seeing any of Dennis' bands live, do so! He's always giving his all, even in front of small audiences. I've seen him with four different bands now and it was always great, from a big festival stage with The (International) Noise Conspiracy to a small club with AC4. INVSN is no difference!