Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Korn

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Anyone try and go back and listen to Follow the Leader in 2019? It really doesn't hold up. At all. It's bad to the point where I questioned what the hell I ever saw in that record when I was 16 lol.
    Dead Bodies Everywhere goes hard.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    The last record I bought by them was Untitled. I listened to Korn III a little bit nothing's really got me going from them since. I'm glad Head is back though - would be great for a full original lineup reunion one day but I'm not gettting my hopes up.

I threw Untouchables on recently and had a great time, even enjoyed a bit of Take A Look In The Mirror too.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    The last record I bought by them was Untitled. I listened to Korn III a little bit nothing's really got me going from them since. I'm glad Head is back though - would be great for a full original lineup reunion one day but I'm not gettting my hopes up.

I threw Untouchables on recently and had a great time, even enjoyed a bit of Take A Look In The Mirror too.
    I would love a full band reunion. While Ray is a good drummer, I believe David's style was a big part of Korn's sound. I'm curious to know how the original lineup would sound today.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Korn's debut is absolutely insane, really dark album which uses the Hip-Hop elements in an interesting way, where the funkiness adds in to the creepines and the dread the album wants to make you feel. The last song "Daddy", is perhaps one of the most depressing songs I've ever heard on such a high-charting album. Really something else.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Been listening to Follow the Leader again, what a great album

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I've actually been listening to See You On The Other Side quite a lot recently, again. I haven't really paid any attention to it since it came out, because I didn't really like it that much. But holy shit, this album is fucking incredible. Incredibly textured and dense, and honestly feels WAY ahead of it's time. I don't even remember what compelled me to revisit it recently, but I'm glad I did. Fucking loaded with gems, this one.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I have been listening to The Nothing quite a lot these days and it's growing on me.
    "This Loss" and "Idiosyncrasy" are still my standout tracks off it

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I've actually been listening to See You On The Other Side quite a lot recently, again. I haven't really paid any attention to it since it came out, because I didn't really like it that much. But holy shit, this album is fucking incredible. Incredibly textured and dense, and honestly feels WAY ahead of it's time. I don't even remember what compelled me to revisit it recently, but I'm glad I did. Fucking loaded with gems, this one.
    I remember getting that album with all the b-sides when I was younger, and it took a while to grow but my god when it did...it definitely has a massive amount of great tunes in there.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    In my opinion, their back catalogue is nowhere near as bad as most make it out to be. Even Korn II, which many regard as one of the poorest efforts, is not only pretty good, it's also quite unique in their discography (although I'm not big on Ever Be, and Evolution is a bit formulaic, too).

I fell off the Korn train after Issues, mainly because I became a die-hard for NIN around that time and became a bit of a music snob in some respects. Over the last three or four years, I've been getting back into Korn. Untouchables was weird and offputting on first listen, and it strikes me that much of the band's material is like this; something which doesn't immediately grab you but worms its way into your head after a few listens. Perhaps bizarrely, Korn III was something I enjoyed immediately, and to this day, I'm perplexed that it 's so reviled by the community at large. It's entirely possible that I just like bad music.

I've listened to The Nothing three times now. It felt a bit generic at first but now I see what they were going for. Really solid album. I prefer it to TSOS for sure.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    We missed out on the Korn face masks!

https://loudwire.com/korn-surgical-m...irus-sold-out/

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Didn't Atticus Ross work on that one? I remember liking the production on that album.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Didn't Atticus Ross work on that one? I remember liking the production on that album.
    Atticus worked on about half of SYOTOS and the whole of Untitled. The Matrix did the rest of the tracks.

This is the most NIN-like song, in my opinion. The non-standard percussion and guitars in the chorus are especially reminiscent.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Do I have to?

But good on them with the proceeds.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Yeesh, that's, uh, that's not good.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Wow I really hate everything about that cover. But who cares, its for a good cause. As much as I hated that, I'm still interested to see what other covers will end up on the covers album coming out. Gotta hand it to Korn, they always pick left field ass shit to cover instead of just covering other nu-metal bands or something.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Every KoRn album ranked from worst to best. Decent ranking. I'd shuffle a few near the top, but I agree with this for the most part.

https://www.loudersound.com/features...l-m3zOPz3K9ZEM

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Untouchables at #2? No wayyyy

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Untouchables at #2? No wayyyy
    It really isn't a bad record at all. It would be in my top 3, that's for sure. I am actually really fond of that record.
    People tend to have extreme nostalgia for "Follow the Leader", but it really hasn't held up in recent years. I gave it a spin, like last year and was surprised by how much of it was garbage.
    There is a lot of experimenting with trying to fuse rap with rock on that record, and it really hasn't aged well.

I find with most bands, I like their deep cuts more than their singles, but with KoRn, it's the opposite for me. Their deep cuts tend to be rubbish.

For me, KoRn Self Titled is the definitive KoRn album. After that, it's a tie between Issues and Untouchables. Part of me wants to put "follow" right behind that, but I know that's really just the nostalgia talking, becasuse honestly, aside from the singles (which are really good) that record as a whole really hasn't aged well, and kind of reeks of immaturity.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Take A Look In The Mirror is a a pretty great album, pissed off and really fun.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    No One's There is a top five Korn track.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    No One's There is a top five Korn track.
    I love it so much. That arpeggiated Pixies guitar over the low whole notes (doubled on grand piano) is just so good.

I just wish the Spotify version was just the track on it’s own, instead it has, like, the worst remix of Here to Stay tacked on.

Bonus tracks should always be separated on streaming services. See also: Deftones MX/Damone

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    It really isn't a bad record at all. It would be in my top 3, that's for sure. I am actually really fond of that record.
    People tend to have extreme nostalgia for "Follow the Leader", but it really hasn't held up in recent years. I gave it a spin, like last year and was surprised by how much of it was garbage.
    There is a lot of experimenting with trying to fuse rap with rock on that record, and it really hasn't aged well.

I find with most bands, I like their deep cuts more than their singles, but with KoRn, it's the opposite for me. Their deep cuts tend to be rubbish.

For me, KoRn Self Titled is the definitive KoRn album. After that, it's a tie between Issues and Untouchables. Part of me wants to put "follow" right behind that, but I know that's really just the nostalgia talking, becasuse honestly, aside from the singles (which are really good) that record as a whole really hasn't aged well, and kind of reeks of immaturity.
    I pretty much feel the same way. Follow The Leader is kinda boring, forgettable, even Freak and Got The Life dont really interest me very much. The first one, Issues and Untouchables will always be my faves from them

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    KoRn
    Life Is Peachy
    Issues
    Untouchables
    Follow The Leader

Don't care about the rest

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I've recently come to the realization that Korn is actually a terrible band with a lot of really good albums.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I've recently come to the realization that Korn is actually a terrible band with a lot of really good albums.
    Please elaborate. Genuinely curious.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Please elaborate. Genuinely curious.
    It's hard to explain.
    Jon isn't really a good vocalist
    Fieldy isn't really that outstanding as a bass player
    There's nothing special about the guitars
    The drums are just...drums

The rap rock thing is lame and dated.

They're a terrible band.

But FUCK if they have a ton of good records.