Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Korn

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Did anyone here attend the first show of the tour last night in Chicago? How were they?

I'm just curious because the road crew was staying at the same hotel as the wife and myself. Let's just say there were reservation problems and there was equipment that had yet to turn up. The band members themselves ended up staying at "some 'shankity' hotel" (actual quote), according to multiple members of the crew.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    new album, Serenity of Suffering (S.O.S) out October 21st

01. Insane
    02. Rotting In Vain
    03. Black Is The Soul
    04. The Hating
    05. A Different World (feat. Corey Taylor)
    06. Take Me
    07. Everything Falls Apart
    08. Die Yet Another Night
    09. When You're Not There
    10. Next In Line
    11. Please Come For Me

Last edited by LaneSax; 07-22-2016 at 10:16 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Hmmmmmm, not bad.

That artwork is intentionally bad but damn.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    hate the artwork too but I kinda like the mutilated ragdoll

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The doll kinda looks like a throwback to the Issues cover. Liked the new song. Kinda repetitive. But, that's kind of their thing now. I'll definitely check out the new one.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    that song is....good. what the hell????

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I kinda like that artwork. It has a nice blend of "Self titled meets Issues"
    I dig it.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    The bassist is still stuck in 1998 by the looks of that vid. Not a bad song but really generic- could be worse I guess.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    not a fan of the vocals on this one and nothing groundbreaking music wise, i guess that song sums up what korn is now.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    The new song is OK, but the lyrics are laughably bad. And the video is ridiculous. Who says, "you know what would be rad? Sticking my head through this painting!" And why was he in a bathtub full of leaves?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    To be fair, do we really listen to a band like korn for the lyrics? They've always been iffy. The music is the absolute focal point . Definitely a step up though. Hearing a chorus a half a dozen times though kinda bugs me though. Other than that, I liked it. Cover is whatever. But, I agree that it definitely feels like a homage to the self titled and issues, which I'm cool with.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Have they changed drummers?

As for the song.. it's catchy, but too simple... verse chorus verse chorus... the song needs to develop more as it progresses.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Agreed^^^ I enjoy the new song but it sounds as if they are rushing through it. Could have used a pre chorus or extended bridge to give it a little more space. But being a big fan of Untouchables this has me happy with the direction they seem to be taking.

....that cover art though....

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Maybe album version will have something more to offer compared to the video

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    So after the failed flirt with dubstep, they're now ripping on Follow the Leader nostalgia? Also Fieldy looks really bored in the video.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    The bassist is still stuck in 1998 by the looks of that vid. Not a bad song but really generic- could be worse I guess.
    They're ALL stuck in 1998! These guys have looked the same for 20 years. I swear they haven't had a haircut since Life Is Peachy!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    For some reason, I really like Rotting in Vain. Sure, it brings absolutely NOTHING new to the table, but, somehow... it sounds somewhat fresh. And much more confident than anything on The Paradigm Shift. It feels like they've put some actual effort into songwriting, rather than bleeps and bloops. If Korn III was a return to the sound of S/T, then SOS is a return to their most commercially successful era, Follow the Leader until Untouchables. And I dug the return to the scatting.
    @cashpiles The drummer is Ray Luzier, he has just dyed his hair black now.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    For some reason, I really like Rotting in Vain. Sure, it brings absolutely NOTHING new to the table, but, somehow... it sounds somewhat fresh. And much more confident than anything on The Paradigm Shift. It feels like they've put some actual effort into songwriting, rather than bleeps and bloops. If Korn III was a return to the sound of S/T, then SOS is a return to their most commercially successful era, Follow the Leader until Untouchables. And I dug the return to the scatting.
    @cashpiles The drummer is Ray Luzier, he has just dyed his hair black now.
    Well, I don't think/hope they'll be referencing any of the rap/hip hop elements of Follow The Leader on the new album - probably more Issues and Untouchables

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneSax View Post
    Going by that cover, I didn't know KIDZ BOP was making an all Korn tribute album.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Is he though ? I can't help but wonder if it should read "Come on guys, you can't ask for them to change their sodomite ways overnight, some things take time, let them come !".

I'm definitely not saying that's what that post means, but it felt a bit ambiguous to me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    "Your god is dead and no one cares"

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    "Your god is dead and no one cares"
    Did they just rip off "Heresy?"

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    From everything I read and heard they kind trying to go back to basics.... but wasn't that what they tried to do on Take a Look in the Mirror? Their problem has always been that, for the most part, they were never able to work outside their original formula. It is what it is... They've been able to make a living off this thing for 20+ years so good for them.

I recently blew the dust of Follow the Leader and Issues. Definitely changed my mind on what is the better album. Even though the sonic quality of Follow the Leader is more bombastic and appealing Issues has a lot more range. It also takes more chances in the song writing. Dirty is an all time fav by them because of how genuinely desperate it feels. The lyrics would be at home anywhere on The Downward Spiral.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    I recently blew the dust of Follow the Leader and Issues. Definitely changed my mind on what is the better album. Even though the sonic quality of Follow the Leader is more bombastic and appealing Issues has a lot more range. It also takes more chances in the song writing. Dirty is an all time fav by them because of how genuinely desperate it feels. The lyrics would be at home anywhere on The Downward Spiral.
    Issues is the only album that I'll genuinely just listen to not just for nostalgia sake. It's just a really good album.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    From everything I read and heard they kind trying to go back to basics.... but wasn't that what they tried to do on Take a Look in the Mirror? Their problem has always been that, for the most part, they were never able to work outside their original formula. It is what it is... They've been able to make a living off this thing for 20+ years so good for them.

It's funny you mention Dirty. Recently re-discovered that song and you described it perfectly. That song is raw with emotion and you can just feel it.

Just saw them play in Houston on Wednesday. Sound quality was a 10 and reminds you how this band was meant to be heard. The entire time I was wishing they would play Dirty ;-). The new track was actually really really good live. Seeing Head back on the stage with them brought me back to the old days. The breakdown at the end sounded freaking insane.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Blame it on a late hour, working weekend, a third beer or all combined, but this song doesn't seem that bad, even if obvious feeding on Follow the Leader nostalgia is still obvious.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I really like this new song. First single was also alright.
    I'll admit, I'm looking forward to the rest of the album.