Page 38 of 99 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 2944

Thread: NIN with Soundgarden - summer 2014 amphitheatre NA tour

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moebius View Post
    It's not completely clear to me how many GA pits there actually are. In some venues it seems like people are assuming that tickets marked as within the first few rows are going to be in a pit section. Did any dates have tickets that were umambiguously marked as pit?

Irvine looked semi odd. it said "Orch P" with row and seats that would match a seating set up in that section.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    This blows my mind. I picked up a row 4 ticket closer to the center through the Soundgarden pre-sale yesterday for $117.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    This blows my mind. I picked up a row 4 ticket closer to the center through the Soundgarden pre-sale yesterday for $117.
    Proof that the bands do in fact want the best for their fans while still making their $$$

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    My tombstone is gonna read "Sold a kidney and got platinum seats for NIN ... died on its way there".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle View Post
    And I would ask for proof of this, aside from a NIN statement saying so. I understand that a portion of the best seats go in presales, but I still highly doubt that the entire set of front rows went in a presale. Heck, even the presales on Monday were inconsistent at best at providing the 'best seats' outside of the platinums as evidenced by a few complaints.
    I pulled front row for two shows yesterday (one for me and one for a friend) and they were not Platinum or any of that BS. I also got row 7 for Red Rocks and even pulled a second pair in row 7 on TM at least 20 mins after the presale had started.

I'm surprised at all the Soundgarden hate and reserved seating anger. I guess I'm lucky on this tour since both NIN and SG are in my top5 bands and I prefer a reserved seat since I'm there to enjoy the show and not to mosh. I can't imagine this many people actually hate SG, I'm guessing they are just the louder voices.

Good luck to everyone.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Irvine looked semi odd. it said "Orch P" with row and seats that would match a seating set up in that section.
    Yeah, that's the one that confuses me the most. The diagram shows a pit but no one seems to have pulled a clearly marked "pit" ticket.

EDIT: the interactive pick-your-seats map is now available for Irvine, shows a GA pit section. Seats start at row A in sections Orch 1/2/3.
    Last edited by Moebius; 03-18-2014 at 01:42 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Yeah, that's the one that confuses me the most. The diagram shows a pit but no one seems to have pulled a clearly marked "pit" ticket.

EDIT: the interactive pick-your-seats map is now available for Irvine, shows a GA pit section. Seats start at row A in sections Orch 1/2/3.
    that's the typical configuration for Irvine.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Was that for Camden? Because I never got a waiting room for that. I had the NIN.com page open in one window, the LiveNation list of shows in another tab and the specific Camden page in another tab. I kept refreshing each one until I could buy tickets.

And then i captcha'ed. And captcha'ed. And captcha'ed.

No, for Camden I got a waiting room time of like 8 minutes, knew the GA would be sold out in that time, so I tried the calendar "work around" to see if it would let me in, and it did.
    So I tried it again for Toronto, because of the same 8 minute waiting period, saw there was no GA, had to re-fresh the fucking captcha I kid you not 20 times before I got one that I was able to enter correctly, my friend wasn't able to get her tickets, I grabbed a P1 seat knowing that if I didn't get something by the time people's waiting room timer was done there would be nothing left, and made the mistake of assuming P1 $100 (as opposed to P2 cheaper, P3 cheapest, and amphitheaters having 100-200-300 level seating arrangements) and "row G seat whatever" meant 100 level 7 rows back. 1 minute left, friend said she finally was able to get 2 from P2 in the 200 level, so go for it, I purchased my ticket so that I wouldn't lose it. Then in my e-mail, I saw that it said I paid $100 + the highest level of processing fees, for a 300 level ticket.
    I'm just glad that even though I got screwed in the end for Toronto, and will likely have to just throw $115 away if I want to have a better seat (which as someone who only got tickets as gifts from people, can't afford to do that), I was able to let people here know how to work around to get in and get tickets sooner. I know a lot more people got some sort of ticket (or at least there are fewer people talking about missing out) than in previous years, which is good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Don't get me wrong, I love Soundgarden and I'm happy that they are touring with them. I freaked out when I found out they were touring together, but I bet if they weren't touring with SG, we wouldn't have all the crap going on. ie. no pit, platinum seats, etc. I have a feeling that SG or someone in their camp had something to do with it. I'm not placing all blame on them, but I think some of it has to do with them. This didn't happen with Jane's. (I saw them on NINJa at the same 2 venues they are playing for this tour. They were both pit tickets, btw). It is strange. I wish Trent would explain it, but I'm pretty sure he won't. Oh well. Thoughts?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    ...and if these platinum tickets don't end up selling very well, then that's certainly no guaranteed substantial profit.
    The sad thing is, if those $500 platinum tickets don't end up selling, the day of the show when all other tickets are "sold out" these ones will probably magically become available at the regular ticket price of $112 for anyone to get. If they didn't, it would look REALLY bad if the first 2 rows were empty.

Also, another sad thing... I checked my GA floor ticket to the Molson Amphitheatre from the 2006 tour... price was $56! That's half the price the seated tickets are selling for now, that's an insane inflation rate.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    that's the typical configuration for Irvine.
    Is it typical for them to have GA pit tickets that aren't actually marked as GA?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is it typical for them to have GA pit tickets that aren't actually marked as GA?
    I'm not sure if Irvine will be GA, I would guess not.

I got Sec. ORCH P, Row 1 w/ seat numbers for my friend, and nowhere did it indicate GA. Since there are row and seat numbers, I'm guessing they are doing seats.
    Last edited by lowlight10; 03-18-2014 at 02:04 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    good point all re: Irvine

I can only say that historically, I HAVE received GA PIT tickets with Row/Seat numbers. That said, I've never actually gotten a pit ticket to Irvine cuz that pit is so fucking small.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    So is Camden seriously the only show on the whole tour with a GA floor area??
    I know when the nin.com presale hit yesterday, after I got my Toronto tickets, I went back into each other city to see what the "options" were, and Camden literally said "General Admission floor" (of course none were available anymore by that time), but @Kyle seems to have got one.

The odd thing is, when I was playing around with the Soundgarden presale map on ticketmaster last night, I zoomed in on the "General Admission" area for Camden, and it showed seats! Sooooo... I don't know what the fuck is going on.

Kyle, does the ticket you bought have a seat or row assigned with it? or does it literally just say "general admission"?
    I wonder if there are seats down there, and it's a first come first serve base in Camden...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I checked my GA floor ticket to the Molson Amphitheatre from the 2006 tour... price was $56! That's half the price the seated tickets are selling for now, that's an insane inflation rate.
    Yeah, the last (only) time I got a seat for NIN was that tour. My ticket was half the price and I was 3 rows behind the GA barricade.
    Also, Trent should bring Peaches up for the Toronto opener since Death Grips can't play. She was one of my top 3 openers.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Okay, so I kinda want to get a Vegas ticket because my birthday is the 17th and it would be a cool birthday gift to myself. However, I am going to the Irvine and Hollywood shows alone and would be going to Vegas alone too and that's not very fun.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Section Row Seats Qty Price/Ticket
    POOL B 3 9 - 10 2 US $795.00

For Hollywood bowl?, so fucking insane.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrolok1 View Post
    Section Row Seats Qty Price/Ticket
    POOL B 3 9 - 10 2 US $795.00

For Hollywood bowl?, so fucking insane.
    That's crazy. I would love to know if these platinum seats are actually selling. Doesnt make much sense for this bill.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    This entire thread =

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lowlight10 View Post
    That's crazy. I would love to know if these platinum seats are actually selling. Doesnt make much sense for this bill.
    Pool tix @ HB are notoriously expensive.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Kyle, does the ticket you bought have a seat or row assigned with it? or does it literally just say "general admission"?
    I wonder if there are seats down there, and it's a first come first serve base in Camden...
    My receipt just says "GA1".

Can't see much from the Live Nation page since it said the seat map was disabled, but I'd say GA seats is a possibility as far as I can tell. The "Endstage" chart, which shows seated GA is the one that comes up.

EDIT: The fact that there are Platinum tickets in the pit with assigned seats does support the possibility of seated GA.
    Last edited by m15a; 03-18-2014 at 03:23 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Yeah, the last (only) time I got a seat for NIN was that tour. My ticket was half the price and I was 3 rows behind the GA barricade.
    Also, Trent should bring Peaches up for the Toronto opener since Death Grips can't play. She was one of my top 3 openers.
    +1 for Peaches in Toronto. Loved that show. 3 awesome bands in a row.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Wine-fuelled disclosure: you guys almost had me over for this. I was counting on a date near Philly since a good friend is moving there and was gonna put me up, but my birthday show is in Florida so not going. Soz.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So is Camden seriously the only show on the whole tour with a GA floor area??
    I know when the nin.com presale hit yesterday, after I got my Toronto tickets, I went back into each other city to see what the "options" were, and Camden literally said "General Admission floor" (of course none were available anymore by that time), but @Kyle seems to have got one.

The odd thing is, when I was playing around with the Soundgarden presale map on ticketmaster last night, I zoomed in on the "General Admission" area for Camden, and it showed seats! Sooooo... I don't know what the fuck is going on.

i don't believe Camden is gonna have a pit in the front. Its USUALLY the rail and seating. The Pits are usually in the lawn area. Could be wrong though. Haven't been to a show there since System of A Down 2 years ago and I'm ALMOST positive it was all seating up front.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This will be the first NA tour since 2006 that I probably won't catch a single date unless they announce a headlining club one-off or something similar. I'm not entirely sure why, but my enthusiasm for this tour is as low as it's ever been for ANYTHING NIN related, ever. At least, with the whole development of a co-headlining tour, it's pretty likely that this won't be the last NA tour. I can't see TR going out like that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FeelBetterINC View Post
    i don't believe Camden is gonna have a pit in the front. Its USUALLY the rail and seating. The Pits are usually in the lawn area. Could be wrong though. Haven't been to a show there since System of A Down 2 years ago and I'm ALMOST positive it was all seating up front.
    I think there's some confusion about the word "pit". The "pit" as short for "orchestra pit" is always right in front of the stage, but it could have seats (either reserved or GA) or it could be standing room (or there can actually be an orchestra there or whatever).

But, yeah, I think there are going to be seats in the front. All the evidence points against it, I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post

But, yeah, I think there are going to be seats in the front. All the evidence points against it, I think.
    I'm confused

It does look like there's a pit up front in Camden though, one of the few venues on this tour that actually shows that in the seating chart, plus it's the highest level price ticket labeled as GA1. Last time I saw NIN there it was a pit in the front.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    At least with this double headline tour, they can cover two great Johnny Cash songs, Hurt and Rusty Cage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lowlight10 View Post
    I pulled front row for two shows yesterday (one for me and one for a friend) and they were not Platinum or any of that BS. I also got row 7 for Red Rocks and even pulled a second pair in row 7 on TM at least 20 mins after the presale had started.

I'm surprised at all the Soundgarden hate and reserved seating anger. I guess I'm lucky on this tour since both NIN and SG are in my top5 bands and I prefer a reserved seat since I'm there to enjoy the show and not to mosh. I can't imagine this many people actually hate SG, I'm guessing they are just the louder voices.

Good luck to everyone.

What seats In row seven?? I am behind you in row 8 !!
    Last edited by wch1208; 03-18-2014 at 04:26 PM. Reason: idiocy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got a single ticket in Section 202, Row G at the Toronto show today. I was really annoyed of the fact that I couldn't choose my own section in the nin.com member pre-sale. I had tickets, but hesitated and discarded thinking I'd get better but failed. More importantly, why is it RESERVED SEATING and not GENERAL ADMISSION?! I don't mind since I'm in the 200L, but that's really unusual for both NIN and Soundgarden.