Thread: 2014.08.24 - Mountain View, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheater

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    also, i just realized the tour shirt I bought has actual hesitation marks across the front. I don't think anyone but NIN fans will notice but holy fuck I would not wear a shirt with a picture of a slashed up wrist on it. Just sayin...
    That's crazy. Do you have a picture of it?

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    That's crazy. Do you have a picture of it?
    I mean, maybe I am crazy but... that's what these are supposed to be... right? That sure looks exactly like it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    I mean, maybe I am crazy but... that's what these are supposed to be... right? That sure looks exactly like it.

I didn't get "sliced wrists" from that image, without your pointing it out. I was expecting full-on bloody wrists, with rusty razors in a sink. It's a nice shirt, imo.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    I didn't get "sliced wrists" from that image, without your pointing it out. I was expecting full-on bloody wrists, with rusty razors in a sink. It's a nice shirt, imo.
    Er, let me rephrase. I wouldn't normally wear a shirt that depicts hesitation marks. Yet, this NIN shirt definitely seems to depict them in a way that most people aware of the HM album (and that this is the HM tour) would pick up on. You even have the smaller marks on the outside from the failed cuts.

Someone should get Rob to confirm this. I should also probably take this to the main discussion threads. It seems these shirts have been at all the 2014 shows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That show was amazing. The best NIN show I have seen in years, way outpacing the dual Vegas shows last fall.
    I had not read any reviews of this leg and did not think much about it, assuming it would be the same as Vegas. Holy not so much. When Trent just ran out on an empty stage and blasted Copy Of A. The minimalist set, the sound. Spot on perfection.

I had seats in the second row. I got them from the NIN presale. If you wonder how? I bought them at work, and our Internet is super fast, like a 1 gig pipe straight to the net. That's the trick.

For or those that wonder, the deal with amphitheater tickets are much different. They sell season tickets to ALL shows for a summer. Really rich people buy them, and companies buy them. DTE in Detroit actually puts your name on the seats. A badge with your name, on the seats. Of course, "brokers" can buy season tickets as well, that's why you see tickets on StubHub like that. The rich people sell seats to shows they don't want to go to, and companies give them to employees.

Live Nation keeps anywhere from 10-20% of the best seats as well. They are never offered to the general public. That's where the NIN presale tickets come from. But NIN only gets 5% or so for the presale. The rest go to VIPs, celebrities, and yes, directly into the resale market.

Yes, this sucks. The promoter keeping 20% of the best seats is normal for all large shows, arenas, stadiums, festivals, ect. It's the season tickets that eat up the remaining 30% or more of the good seats. Buying tickets at general on sale, you never have a chance.

A great read. http://www.amazon.com/Ticket-Masters.../dp/1550229494