Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob Zombie

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm not going to lie and say I liked him and kept up with him after such a short time of the band, but still pretty bad 44 is still young. RIP.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Does anyone have this version as an mp3 by chance?

For Record Store Day 2013, Zombie released a promotional single for "Dead City Radio and the New Gods of Supertown" (with b-side "Teenage Nosferatu Pussy") on 10 inch colored vinyl printed on a reverse groove. This featured a slightly alternate edit of "Dead City Radio" clocking in at 3:54 instead of 3:28 which included an extended prechorus and outro not heard on the full album release. Best Buy stores offered a limited edition featuring a 3D sticker cover with a code for exclusive behind-the-scenes footage on the making of the album.[3]

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Going to the Sydney show. Not too fussed about Korn -

http://www.bigtopsydney.com/rzkorn.html

Rob zombie + korn
    with mushroomhead
    monday 24 february

Presented by Soundwave.
    In a night guaranteed to make fans salivate, Rob Zombie and koRn will take to the stage in Sydney with a feral, fiery and live ferocity that will be unmatchable!
    A rock icon and auteur filmmaker with insight and unlimited vision, Rob Zombie has continuously challenged audiences as he stretches the boundaries of music, film, and publishing. As a musician, Rob Zombiehas sold over fifteen million albums worldwide to date. Hellbilly Deluxe and Hellbilly Deluxe 2 were the albums that established Zombie as a solo artist after the breakup of multi-platinum group White Zombie. Rob Zombie released his fifth solo album, Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor in April 2013 to world - wide critical acclaim!
    “There are plenty of yeah’s, hey’s and baby’s from Zombie himself as expected, but what wasn’t expected was some of his most infectious choruses to date; every single song screams for a sing-along, whether on your own at your laptop or in a crowd of thousands. White Trash Freaks in particular is hard to resist, and when Rock And Roll (In A Black Hole) explodes from the little electronic beat that it’s built around into that monstrous chorus it’s an instant energy booster” – Metal Obsession.
    After the release of the bands eleventh studio album (The Paradigm Shift) in October 2013, roughly 35 million album sales worldwide, 2 Grammy’s and countless sold out shows, the godfathers of nu-metal, koRn have come a long way since their iconic self-titled debut and they haven't stopped challenging themselves or heavy music. The members of koRn built that kind of bond back in 1993 the first time that Jonathan Davis, James "Munky" Shaffer, Reginald "Fieldy" Arvizu, and Brian "Head" Welch decided to make music as a unit. They shed blood, sweat and tears in the studio and on stage, fashioning an undeniable, unsettling, and unique sound that would permanently alter the course of rock music!
    “The Paradigm Shift is far from a radical change in the basic assumptions that fans make of their beloved nu-metal progenitors. Instead, on their eleventh studio album, Korn have managed to tap into what created those assumptions in the first place and dutifully deliver on every single one. If one were to listen to Follow the Leader before The Paradigm Shift, you’d scarcely notice a difference, and that’s a good thing” – Music Feeds

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm going to the Melbourne show (as well as Soundwave of course). Can't fucking wait. Especially since i'm doing the meet and greet thing.

Can't wait to see Korn as well. I've heard they put on a great show. Really love their latest album too.

Looking forward to Placebo sideshow also, hoping for some more to be announced. Might have gone to Alice in Chains but it clashes with Placebo sadly

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Meet & greet? With Rob?

How did I not see that? Linkage etc plz.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Well fuck my ass! Still available! Thanks for the link!

Met Sid Haig, now I can finally meet Rob and show him the time I recorded him and he shoved his penis in my face.

Just bought M&G for Sydney -

Meet Rob Zombie - $150.00

• Meet Rob Zombie, John 5, Piggy D., and Ginger Fish (Photograph + Signature)
    • Early entry into the venue
    • Exclusive t-shirt
    • Limited edition poster
    • Zombie gift bag
    • Commemorative VIP laminate
    • Adventures in Wonderland Concierge

(NB: This does not include a concert ticket. A concert ticket is required to use VIP.)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I read some reviews for these and they were all really positive about how the band did them, which is always a good sign.

I'm assuming Korn opens for Zombie? Is that what happens on the other Night of the Living Dreads shows?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    From what I read, Korn plays first in Sydney (headlining), then Zombie comes on, and Zombie headlines in Melbourne, then Korn comes on.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    That's a nice lineup

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    My show is on Monday and the email I received says this. It's 3 days away and I haven't received any info on it...

Thank you for placing this order with Adventures In Wonderland. Please make sure to save this email as you will need to present it at check in on the day of the show. Five days before the show you will receive email instructions for VIP check in at the venue. Any questions, please email info@adventuresinwonderland.com or call us at 323-845-9470.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Ok, it arrived. Not going to bother recording anything this time around - I do that too much. Just going to enjoy the show for a change.

>>

ROB ZOMBIE

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA

FEBRUARY 24, 2014

ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND
    Hello, and thank you for purchasing your VIP Package for Rob Zombie! Here are the details regarding the show and your VIP experience.
    VIP CHECK IN: Check in is at 4:30 PM. Please meet at the bottom of the Taj Mahal steps, past the entry to the Big Top. Please bring your receipt and have your order number and photo ID ready.
    TICKETS: If you have concert tickets at Will Call, please pick them up before coming to VIP check in.

MERCHANDISE: You will be given your VIP merchandise at the venue.

ADDITIONAL INFO: Personal cameras and phones will not be allowed during the Meet + Greet. Meet + Greet photos will be emailed to you within 72 hours of the show.

Thank you, and we'll see you at the show!
    If you are running late or have any other questions or concerns, please contact Jodi at least 1 hour before the designated meeting time. In addition, please note that if you are unable to arrive at the designated check in site by the time specified above, we cannot guarantee your participation in the VIP.

Jodi, jodi@adventuresinwonderland.com

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    haha, checked setlist.fm and he covered Advance Australia Fair in Brisbane.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    haha, checked setlist.fm and he covered Advance Australia Fair in Brisbane.
    Hey Ryan how was the meet and greet. Mines today. Do they let you out of the venue? I kinda wanna take my stuff back out to my hotel before the show if possible. Do they let you get other merch too when you go in?

my my details only cAme through yesterday so yeh, I was worrying a bit too.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by voidnz View Post
    Hey Ryan how was the meet and greet. Mines today. Do they let you out of the venue? I kinda wanna take my stuff back out to my hotel before the show if possible. Do they let you get other merch too when you go in?

my my details only cAme through yesterday so yeh, I was worrying a bit too.

You get this red headed promoter with braces let you know of what's going on and such. You go in and line up and they call out your name and give you your merch bag. Then the band come out and sit at a table and sign your stuff. You can bring in as much as you like; they say to limit it to 2 items, but people basically get everything they brought signed, so take it with a grain of salt. You go around once in a line, then once everything is signed you go around a second time and get your picture taken. Then you you all sit down/stand together as a group and they take a photo of everyone, then record a short video of everyone cheering, etc, to put on Rob's Instagram account.

The woman actually said we were one of the quietest, if not the quietest group of people she'd come across and it was freaking her out, lol.

I got Rob to sign my Blackacidevil cassette where he interviews Danzig. I asked him if he remembered doing it and he said no.

You get the photo emailed to you within 72 hours of the show.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    btw, I was pretty drunk by the end of it. I forgot Rob came around the back and walked right past me during Thunder Kiss.

I was only reminded when I checked setlist.fm hahaha:

1. Theme For the Rat Vendor

2. Dead City Radio and the New Gods of Supertown

3. Superbeast

4. Scum of the Earth

5. Living Dead Girl

6. Pussy Liquor

7. More Human Than Human
      (White Zombie song)
    8. Sick Bubble-Gum

9. Demonoid Phenomenon

10. Enter Sandman
      (Metallica cover)
    11. Thunder Kiss '65

(White Zombie song) (with extended intermission. John5 guitar solo whilst Rob Zombie walks through crowd to rear venue seats)

12. House of 1000 Corpses

13. Never Gonna Stop (The Red, Red Kroovy)

14. Encore:
    15. Dragula

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    ou don't sound all that thrilled with it lol. Can you leave the venue after the meet or do they keep you inside?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by voidnz View Post
    ou don't sound all that thrilled with it lol. Can you leave the venue after the meet or do they keep you inside?
    Nah it was really good, it was just kinda impersonal because they were rushing through getting through people. Had to be at least 100 in there or so.

You can leave if you want as far as I recall. For us there was a cloak room right there. I didn't really care because I sat at the back seats. The novelty of mosh pits has worn off for me these days.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Yeah seemed like a heap. Hopefully less in Melbourne. Our one starts 5:15

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    @voidnz - me with the Zom!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    As I recall his set was only an hour and some minutes.

Probably going to skip this.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    As I recall his set was only an hour and some minutes.

Probably going to skip this.
    Still a cover:

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Rob Zombie Teams With 'American Psycho' Author for Charles Manson Show

Rocker will direct Bret Easton Ellis-penned Fox miniseries

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/n...-show-20140228

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Rob Zombie Teams With 'American Psycho' Author for Charles Manson Show

Rocker will direct Bret Easton Ellis-penned Fox miniseries

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/n...-show-20140228
    That's probably the 8th or 9th time I've read this.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rob Zombie was amazing live. Whole band were full of energy. Easily up there as one of the best live shows i've seen. Just wish it was a longer set.

They were all cool to meet too. Ginger looked real sad in everyones M&G pics lol so not sure what happened there.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    so after seeing them with KoRn live and being especially impressed by "House of 1000 Corpses", I decided to get the "Classic Album Collection" boxset.

happy with my purchase and particularly impressed by "The Sinister Urge" and "Educated Horses". Fun fun music!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I was listening to Rob's Warzone track he did for the Punisher movie of the same name, i really dig that track but i was just thinking about what a Punisher movie would actually be like if he were to interpret the character and direct.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I was listening to Rob's Warzone track he did for the Punisher movie of the same name, i really dig that track but i was just thinking about what a Punisher movie would actually be like if he were to interpret the character and direct.
    Would be crazy cool and easily 200 x's better than what we currently have.