Page 44 of 131 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 3917

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    it just didn't have another catchy rape anthem the public is clearly still salivating for.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Funny thing, I heard about the invention of these guys. Basically a phone call and a half that went along the lines of "ok, we need to make an American version of One Direction that's ready to launch by July. Can we find the band by the end of the week? HMU."

Thankfully, not even tween girls are THIS stupid.

edit: I guess they're Australian? Still, this has to be the "band" I heard about.
    Tween girls ARE this stupid though, they're going on an arena tour in the UK. I can't bear the underhandedness of it though, if you're the whatever version of One Direction then just own it and stop pretending to be all punk! They're on twitter claiming inspiration from The Foo Fighters - ugh

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    http://www.avclub.com/article/robin-...atus:2:Default

530 in the U.K, 24,000 in the U.S and 550 in Canada.
    I just read that the album didn't even make it to the top 500 album charts selling less than 54 copies. And you know what album outsold Thicke's new album? A Blondie greatest hits album.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Jason Mraz's music is some of the most unlistenable mainstream dogshit I've ever heard.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Jason Mraz's music is some of the most unlistenable mainstream dogshit I've ever heard.
    I concur. It's boring as hell.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Basically jam music without the jamming.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

This band sucks a fat cockle.

Holy shit, his voice is so fucking annoying to listen to. I can't stand it. Irrelevant shit.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Holy shit, his voice is so fucking annoying to listen to. I can't stand it. Irrelevant shit.
    I was never a huge Offspring fan. I kind of liked their first few albums although I haven't listened to them in ages. They lost me after "Pretty Fly for a White Guy."

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I don't like The Offspring, but considering that the lead singer makes some kickass hot sauce, he's welcome to record as much shitty music as he wants in my opinion.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes. I spent my teenage years in he 90s and the Offspring are one of the bands who I thought were cool back then even though I really never listened to anything more than their singles. In hindsight, some 90s bands are just a plain embarrassment to the whole decade, Offspring is one of them.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Lenny Kravitz has got to be one of the most terrible "musicians" I've ever listened to. Bar none. Yes, up there with Nickelcrap, Creed and Justin Bieber.

Who honestly listens to this Kravitz hack?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    Just heard that shitty 1000 horsepower song yesterday. Immediately thought of this thread.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Lenny Kravitz has got to be one of the most terrible "musicians" I've ever listened to. Bar none. Yes, up there with Nickelcrap, Creed and Justin Bieber.

Who honestly listens to this Kravitz hack?
    no one. for at least the past ten years. i guess he's an actor now, but every time he comes up in discussion, all i can think of is when his manhattan apartment sewage seeped through the floors below him. he's shitty. ha ha ... cough ...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Just heard that shitty 1000 horsepower song yesterday. Immediately thought of this thread.
    I'm from the Boston area so I've been hearing them on the radio and reading about them since the late 90s.

Meh... Don't love them, don't hate them. They write decent, meat-and-potatoes modern hard-rock. They're derivative of later-day Metallica and Alice In Chains (Godsmack even have their very own acoustic EP!), but not half as good as either.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    I'm from the Boston area so I've been hearing them on the radio and reading about them since the late 90s.

Meh... Don't love them, don't hate them. They write decent, meat-and-potatoes modern hard-rock. They're derivative of later-day Metallica and Alice In Chains (Godsmack even have their very own acoustic EP!), but not half as good as either.
    Yeah, I pretty much feel the same way about them. Was more of a knock on that new 1000 HP song- good god it's horribly generic.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Yeah, I pretty much feel the same way about them. Was more of a knock on that new 1000 HP song- good god it's horribly generic.
    Yeah. I picked up the new Godsmack album and thought it had two stand-out songs and the rest was okay, but not great. "Generic" is the word that would best describe Godsmack.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    i have to admit I remember enjoying the self-titled back then, but now some 15yrs + later they haven't really done anything worth.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Godsmack isn't as bad as Creed or Nickelback, but they sure are boring and overrated as hell,"Generic" is a good way to call this band that,should have separated 10 years ago.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Godsmack isn't as bad as Creed or Nickelback, but they sure are boring and overrated as hell,"Generic" is a good way to call this band that,should have separated 10 years ago.
    Exactly. Plus, at least you know Godsmack ain't going to slip in some lame pop ballad unlike those 2 lame-ass bands.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Fucking garbage.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Fucking garbage.
    right up there with Keane and Snow Patrol. makes me want to destroy my own hearing.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I don't listen to Lenny Kravitz nor do I want to listen to him, but I don't think he is terrible. Actually, he has a new song out (I only know this because of Stereogum) and it's not bad albeit it sounds like a throwback song.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    right up there with Keane and Snow Patrol. makes me want to destroy my own hearing.
    I liked both of those bands when I was younger. God I was a dumb kid.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Keane is music for people who think that Coldplay is just a bit too hardcore and heavy for them.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    now that we are on the "Britpop" subject:

Fuck Beady Eye...

honestly, fuck them...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    now that we are on the "Britpop" subject:

Fuck Beady Eye...

honestly, fuck them...
    Gunna have to disagree…their second album is pretty good. First one, not so much.

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds is absolutely glorious though.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Not my cup of tea, sorry mate, also i can't stand Liam Gallager's stupid John Lennon impression (it's hilarious that he really feels one of the Beatles), Noel is a wanker too but at least he was able to write some decent songs, Liam just sounds like a pretentious douche.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    The Noel vs. Liam family feud is one of my favorite beefs in rock. My second is Courtney Love vs everyone else.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Icona Pop's "I Love It" is a stupid, dumb, and extremely fun and catchy pop song. I indeed love it and next to Taylor Swift's "22" it's one of my favorite pop songs of the past few years. Buckcherry love this song too. They've covered it, and called it "Say Fuck It". You can listen to it here while you remember just who Buckcherry are:
    http://www.stereogum.com/1697229/her...-love-it/mp3s/