Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Gorillaz

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    4 tracks have leaked online from someone on the Gorillaz sub-reddit cracking the password to their vimeo. All links are being taken down faster than a speeding comet, but there is a new track being released on BBC radio at 7:30 PM tonight. If anyone happens to get their hands on these tracks, let me know.

Edit: Dam, news is moving fast. They just posted "4.28.2017" on their Instagram. I think we have a release date!!! New album is titled "Humanz".

Snippets of the tracks
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 03-23-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Murdoc turned into Noel Gallagher?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    hahaha i was thinking the same thing

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Or is it Liam????

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Knew we would get something special on Damon's birthday.

Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 03-23-2017 at 06:35 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I LOVE all the new songs but Ascension really (but it's still pretty good). I managed to find them all....

I can't wait to buy the deluxe album at the end of April. Roar!

26 songs on the deluxe edition. Least the 6 years since Plastic Beach he's been busy!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    These new songs are fantastic -- dropping all four at once shows a lot of confidence in this album. Consider me hyped!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Can't wait for the new record! The four new songs are brilliant, especially Andromeda and Ascension, I absolutely love those! Man, it's been a busy few years for Damon with Blur, his solo record and the tours, it's so cool that's he's back in Gorillaz mode again!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    pre-ordered the regular vinyl and enjoying the four tracks so far... kinda curious about the theme of the album.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Or is it Liam????
    Listen close. I think it's actually Noel on the chorus so that picutre of Murdoc is a nice hint. Although I had to think of Liam at first as well, but they both wore those glasses.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    How weird to see huge britpop rivals in members of Blur and Oasis doing a song together.

After to listening to everything again, I'm going to say my favorite song is Hallejuah Money. That song just has a drawing power of concentration to me...probably due to Clementine's vocal delivery.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I'm dying to hear the entire track for "Submission." All the tracks are everything I expected from them, and knowing that we have over two albums of material coming makes this year that much better. The video for "Saturn Barz" blew me away though; what an interesting take on a video you can interact with. Smile on my face the entire time, and yes, that is Noel in the chorus.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The French based lossless digital music store Qobuz.com now has all of the Gorillaz albums in 24 bit for sale!!!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Listen close. I think it's actually Noel on the chorus so that picutre of Murdoc is a nice hint. Although I had to think of Liam at first as well, but they both wore those glasses.
    I was referring to the image on the album cover. It is indeed Noel on the album.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    New single release came out yesterday ("Let Me Out") and a remix of every song thus far (I want them all!) but don't wanna pony up the funds via iTunes. Maybe next week.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    KANSAS CITY MOTHER FUCKERS

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    10am sale start?? I'm trying to go to the Philly date.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I guess I'm one of the few that have been somewhat disappointed with the new material I've heard so far. Sadly, just not feeling it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I guess I'm one of the few that have been somewhat disappointed with the new material I've heard so far. Sadly, just not feeling it.
    Fair. To be honest, I had to warm up to it, but I'm pretty into the whole dance album vibe thing they have going this time around. Different strokes!

Is it sad that I'm debating Kansas City AND Red Rocks...? I mean, I gotta make up for not being able to see them on the Plastic Beach tour...My only legitimate concern at this point is the anticipation that NIN dates are gonna be dropped the SECOND I can't afford to buy them.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Live in conversation with 2D & Murdoc from Gorillaz

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    You know what is one of my favorite sounds in the world?

The sound of a slow leaking faucet.

Drip drip drip
    Last edited by neorev; 04-20-2017 at 09:03 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    UPDATE
    Gonna avoid the current leak, whatever it is sourced from or whatever the original ripper did to it, there is a hum throughout and the overall quality/mix is weak. I A/B'ed it with the lossless singles that were already released and the difference is quite noticeable. It seems like it was sourced from a vinyl and a hum was picked up that drowns out a lot of the low end/fullness of tracks.

I'll wait until the official release.
    Last edited by neorev; 04-21-2017 at 02:40 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    UPDATE
    Gonna avoid the current leak, whatever it is sourced from or whatever the original ripper did to it, there is a hum throughout and the overall quality/mix is weak. I A/B'ed it with the lossless singles that were already released and the difference is quite noticeable. It seems like it was sourced from a vinyl and a hum was picked up that drowns out a lot of the low end/fullness of tracks.

I'll wait until the official release.
    There's another source going around
    it's a rip of the listening party that's going on on the app
    It's the actual files, not a recording. They're only 128kbps but it's better than the vinyl rip.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Loving the album after my first listen. I heard a decent amount of them before the release and most of them were not full tracks. Strobelite is fucking fantastic, Momentz, Saturn Barz, and She's My Collar are highlights for me. I think the collabs are a bit much on this one and would love to have heard some more Gorillaz on the overall piece. Nonetheless, it works for me. Grabbed tickets to the Philly show as well!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I'm going to the Kansas City show. <3

....and Red Rocks. I couldn't help myself. September suddenly seems SO far away, but it's gonna be worth it. I AM glad the tickets came with a copy of the album though, can't wait to give it a listen this weekend.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    another track became available to pre-orders today; "The Apprentice (feat. Rag'n'Bone Man, Zebra Katz & RAY BLK)"

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    finally Deluxe Edition CD rip appeared, much better quality than the previous leaks

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I can't be the only person who thinks a lot of this album is way too upbeat, can I? It just feels very ... inauthentic at times to me. And, for whatever reason, all of the best songs seem to be in the bonus tracks. Why things like Ticker Tape and The Apprentice are Deluxe-only is beyond me.

Oh, and shocker of the year so far: Hallelujah Money's my favorite thing on the standard CD tracklisting. Didn't see that one coming at all, but it's such a refreshing break from the stuff that surrounds it and actually seems to directly grapple with the anxiety being felt throughout the album.

Edit: the more I listen the more I like. I hoped that would happen. I still think a lot of the gold is in the back-end and it's a shame that so much incredible material isn't going to be on every version of the album.
    Last edited by implanted_microchip; 04-26-2017 at 02:55 PM.