Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ghostbusters Thread

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    thank god you guys got this thread back on track from a guy that should have been banned years ago.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    I can only assume you mean ME.

But HOW is discussing the new AND old Ghostbusters movies somehow "off-track"...?

And WHAT should I have been banned for exactly...? I've been on ets in all its various incarnations for over a decade now, and I've received fewer than five minor infractions in that time. Considering what utter, combative assholes people here can often be towards me simply because I like different music and movies than they do, I think that's pretty respectable.

But sure, let's just go ahead and ban every NIN fan who ALSO likes Marilyn Manson and Transformers.

Why not.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    But sure, let's just go ahead and ban every NIN fan who ALSO likes Marilyn Manson and Transformers.
    Holy shit...

I could elaborate on how you disrupt tons of threads with insane shit, but why? It's obviously because you're persecuted for liking Marilyn Manson, unlike tons of other people on this board. But hey, now we're talking about Manson and NIN and Transformers in the Ghostbusters thread, thanks Hazekiah. I'm so glad you've made this happen.

I expect a response that ends with "lolwtf!?!?!" and an emoticon.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-13-2016 at 04:28 AM.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Wow, you're the ONLY other person I might have thought they MIGHT have meant to refer to with that remark.

Except YOUR shittalking of ME was "vaguely" on-topic and in alignment with THEIR shittalking so I just assumed it was the SAME OLD, SAME OLD instead. YUP. Color me shocked.

Annnyway, I continue to reserve judgment of this film until I actually SEE IT and to keep an open mind despite its premature detractors.

I suppose that's just too difficult a concept for some people to grasp.

LOLWTF?!?

:-\

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Not sure if right thread.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I ain't listening to that shit. Fall Out Boy sucks.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    But they have such an appeal. Granted, only to full grown adults that still wear those little finger-less black gloves like my 13yr old niece, but still...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    Not sure if right thread.

I really want to like this movie, but damn.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Came here just to say that song is terrible.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Meh.

It's all right. Certainly nowhere near as bad as everyone has been saying. I'd take the original over the new version any day but it's still decent enough.

My friend overheard me checking it out and thought I was listening to Lenny Kravitz, lol.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Sounds like a shitty WWE entrance theme or something. It blows.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Fall Out Boy continues to showcase their shitty talent. Cannot stand music in that genre or them at large. Atrocious.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I ain't listening to that shit. Fall Out Boy sucks.
    Fuck Missy Elliott too. Remember when she helped the already terrible Gwen Steffani think she could pull off hip hop or pop or whatever the fuck that was?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Ew... complete rubbish. What a disgrace next to the original. *Insert fart noise here*

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    It's like they are doing all they can to kill off every single benefit of the doubt everyone gives this thing before it finally comes out; I'm almost impressed

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Fuck Missy Elliott too. Remember when she helped the already terrible Gwen Steffani think she could pull off hip hop or pop or whatever the fuck that was?
    "This shit is bananas! B.A.N.A.N.A.S.!"

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    oh man, that song sucked so fucking bad I really couldn't make it through... I didn't make it to the point where Missy shows up. I practically had an anxiety attack worrying that someone might overhear me listening to something that stupid.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Apparently Slimer has a girlfriend...
    edit: well, the tv spot got taken down...
    Last edited by Frozen Beach; 07-06-2016 at 08:51 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    pic of Slimette: http://i.imgur.com/HCF4mnI.jpg

[place of essential CGI comment]

Midnight's Edge posted a fresh overview of the production history, and it's worth checking out. (Their whole channel is, in fact. I've seen some of their videos linked on ETS before, but I don't think they get the view numbers they deserve, so I plug and recommend them any chance I've got, if that's cool.)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

It starts

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Devin Faraci is already shit talking that review
    and even blocked someone after telling them it's sexist to think the movie looks bad.
    Last edited by Frozen Beach; 07-09-2016 at 12:06 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Our programmer at my work saw it and gave it two thumbs down. AND he was 100% in support of the new cast and new direction.

If you really want to know, hit that spoiler below:

Spoiler: First, he said it was WAY too long, and incredibly boring for a Ghostbusters film.
    They replaced all the dry witty humor from the first two with immature humor geared towards 13 year olds, so it wasn't very funny.
    They also spent too much time focussing on countless "LOOK WHO'S CAMEOING IN THIS RIGHT NOW!" and would derail the movie for 5 minutes just to show off which famous pop-culture icon/person from the older films is showing up.
    AND the cameos from the original cast? They don't even play their original characters, apparently. They are in it, but not as Ghostbusters.
    And the last thing he said was that they made the franchise feel less fun by giving EVERYTHING an origin story, when they don't need it. The fucking LOGO gets an origin story, too. THE LOGO.

So, yeah. That's an official review from a theatrical programmer who was super excited for it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I worry that most reviewers are going to give this a good review no matter what because of this "sexist" controversy. The movie looks terrible, it doesn't matter who is in it.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Our programmer at my work saw it and gave it two thumbs down. AND he was 100% in support of the new cast and new direction.

If you really want to know, hit that spoiler below:

Spoiler: First, he said it was WAY too long, and incredibly boring for a Ghostbusters film.
    They replaced all the dry witty humor from the first two with immature humor geared towards 13 year olds, so it wasn't very funny.
    They also spent too much time focussing on countless "LOOK WHO'S CAMEOING IN THIS RIGHT NOW!" and would derail the movie for 5 minutes just to show off which famous pop-culture icon/person from the older films is showing up.
    AND the cameos from the original cast? They don't even play their original characters, apparently. They are in it, but not as Ghostbusters.
    And the last thing he said was that they made the franchise feel less fun by giving EVERYTHING an origin story, when they don't need it. The fucking LOGO gets an origin story, too. THE LOGO.

So, yeah. That's an official review from a theatrical programmer who was super excited for it.
    I haven't seen the movie yet, of course but there's a couple of points I'd like to address about your friend's review (and it has nothing to do with the film being good or bad). Just misconceptions, if I remember correctly.

Spoiler: The first trailer made it seems like this was a new generation of Ghostbusters but after it came out, the producers (I think) said that it was more a reboot than a sequel. So in this movie's universe, the first 2 films never happened which explains why the original crew did not play their original GB characters in their cameos. The movie is going to let down a lot of people on that aspect because besides that first trailer, the original crew was brought in to try and counter the bad press the movie was getting. And since the original movies don't exist, they will have put some origin stories in it. It's very possible that they went overboard with it. Heck, the logo doesn't need to be explain; it's pretty obvious what it means.

Well, I'm still seeing it. I have endure the lesser Hemsworth in Independence Day: Resurgence (bloody Gozer that was painful) so I will have my taste of the much better Hemsworth in this.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Devin Faraci is already shit talking that review
    and even blocked someone after telling them it's sexist to think the movie looks bad.
    I hate that guy more and more everyday.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Other reviews say different. That its not a horrible movie, but it falls flat. Them there are those who praise it.

This is a stream watch for me.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I actually quote the 2nd Ghostbusters more (by which I mean I like saying "Yanoosh"), which is to say I am not precious about the franchise at all. I'm borderline indifferent about it. It's not my Star Wars or anything, y'know? If Ghostbusters (2016) is streaming in a few months on a slow night, I'll watch it. You get the idea.

That said, things like this make me happy this new one exists.
    Last edited by Deadpool; 07-10-2016 at 09:58 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Cannot say I expected a 78% rating on tomatoes... Hmmm....

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Cannot say I expected a 78% rating on tomatoes... Hmmm....
    Cannot say I have any idea whether you mean "I can't believe they rated it that highly" or "how could they have only given it a 78". Hmmmm....