Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Castles

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Crystal Castles

Any love for these motherfuckers?

I adore the hell out of both their albums. They're the perfect vodka drinking music for me, fucking love it. Well, they've released a new song today. Check it out here. Also includes a download. Dig in.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    worst live show i've ever seen. kind of liked them before but that swung me back on the other side of the fence.

of course, i'm really crotchety about modern synth music, so i've got a bias against a lot of these bands. i liked 'crimewave' though.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankieteardrop View Post
    worst live show i've ever seen. kind of liked them before but that swung me back on the other side of the fence.

of course, i'm really crotchety about modern synth music, so i've got a bias against a lot of these bands. i liked 'crimewave' though.
    Hrm, what was so bad about it?

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    it was a mix of the crowd and the band's kind of psycho approach. i just felt alice was a little too shrill/spastic for my taste. that said, it was around the first record so can't vouch for what they're up to now. the robert smith collaboration/cover was pretty nice, though!

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    I like them for the home, but I wouldn't go seem em live.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    They were pretty decent live. But Alice had a broken leg for the date I saw, so maybe that kept her stage-bopping to a less crazy level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    New song is really interesting. I feel the same way as I did when they released Celestica back in 2010 and I thought how different it was from what they'd done before. They've grown a lot in a short time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Early version of bootleg remix of plague..
    http://soundcloud.com/grime_z/plague...-early-preview

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    They'll be touring North America this fall with HEALTH. Might have to go check it out could be an interesting show!

https://www.facebook.com/ccrystalcca...p_308540029359

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    It's hit and miss for me with them. I saw them this month at Camp Bisco and they were good live. Not really what I wanted to hear at the time, but they were interesting to watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hated these guys at first, but after I heard Celestica I became interested in checking them out again and I started to really like them. I am REALLY fucking happy that they are touring with Health and playing the Newport in Columbus. I can't wait.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Been a fan since the first record. I had a chance to see them live back when Alive had broken her leg and thought they still managed to put on a great show. I'm excited to see them again and for a new record

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOULD not agree more about their live performance. They conduct the worst live show i've ever been to. They make it so that you literally can't see a damn thing on stage with massively psycho-lighting, Alice does not know how to conduct herself with fans, and ultimately the music itself in the live format is simply average. I love them a lot on record, but im just being honest from what i saw in person. They fucking suck as a live set-up.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So some stuff has been happening recently.
    New album, aptly titled Crystal Castles, is due out November 5th

Two new songs have been released:
    Wrath of God
    Plague

And yes, I saw them live two years ago, it was basically just a wall of static for 60 minutes.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I like the new song.

Why is the new album self-titled yet again? Overdone.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm just glad the album titles aren't going into the Deadmau5 range.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Totally called that it would be Crystal Castles III.
    I think their live show is badass, the lighting and sound combined aren't supposed to simulate that of a rock show, but assault the sense like their music does. Though what do I know? I'm hammered.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Didn't like this band at all until I saw them live supporting Magnetic Man. I remember going to the smoking area when I knew they were coming on because I wasn't interested in hearing anything from their two albums. Then hearing them from outside it sounded awesome and when I went back in it was crazy in there. Even songs I previously couldn't stand just sounded great live. Maybe just a tad too loud though. Still not interested in their studio music but i'd see them again if they played near me.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tracklist announced on Facebook:

(III)
    01 Plague
    02 Kerosene
    03 Wrath of God
    04 Affection
    05 Pale Flesh
    06 Sad Eyes
    07 Insulin
    08 Transgender
    09 Violent Youth
    10 Telepath
    11 Mercenary
    12 Child I Will Hurt You

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    i thought they were pretty great live the one time i saw them back in 2010 (at a festival, where bands rarely don't suck). maybe it was also the crowd (Spaniards), but the whole assault thing seem to really work. don't think i need to see them again though. just don't see how they won't just try to do the same kind of live show. new stuff doesn't seem all that different to me, despite them replacing all their equipment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love their song titles - so simple and yet powerful somehow, like incantations. "Child I Will Hurt You" is hilarious and totally suits them. Can't wait for the new album. I love Plague but not so much Wrath of God yet.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Seeing Crystal Castles at the Big Day Out next year. Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Sleigh Bells are playing too. It's gonna be nuts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Some exclusive goodies for you...
    Video from when crystal castles played a little squat in east london with my mates bands crim3s earlier this year.

And a little illustration a mates been working on of a photo from that show..
    http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...31515512_n.jpg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Oh my god I thought that said 'Grimes' then and I almost had a heart attack. They're both Canadian so it needs to happen.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    So who has seen their latest tour? I'm trying to figure out if I want to go to the Seattle show this Thursday but after dealing with all stupid fees and shit when buying a ticket, I'm seriously reconsidering. Look at this BS, $6.30 for will call?! I remember when this was free.....

So, in order to make this worth my while, is there anything cool at the merch booth that is only available on this tour? Any cool vinyls or something? I like CC but spending $43 after fees is a bit of a turn off for me....

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I bowed out of seeing them in Lawrence, KS the other night because of how pricey the tickets are. I've heard it's still them playing to a strobe light and that's it, so not exactly worth all the cash in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    III was delayed a week. Think I remember this happening with II as well. Not a big deal, really, just curious as to why.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Leak damn you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw them the other night in portland, it was a good show. Nothing too crazy. I had heard bad things about them live and the tickets were high but it was still worth checking out. Better than I thought it would be.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    damn, this has got to be the best job ever done in order to keep an album from leaking.....