Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: U2

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Yep, still have mine from the tour, too, along with older tour programs.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Yep, still have mine from the tour, too, along with older tour programs.
    Same here! I've got every program from every tour they've done since Joshua Tree. The Innocence and Experience program really reminds me of the Popmart tour program. It's super cool.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Same here! I've got every program from every tour they've done since Joshua Tree. The Innocence and Experience program really reminds me of the Popmart tour program. It's super cool.
    Absolutely, it is very nicely done, that double side thing is cool, at first I thought the lady gave me two of them by mistake

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Was somehow lucky enough to make it up to the front barricade directly in front of The Edge last night at the first night of the Chicago residency. Oh my god, I am still on cloud nine about it. I never in my wildest imagination ever thought I'd be able to watch U2 from front row. Bono even threw water on me during Electric Co. Such an unbelievably good show. Going again tonight, and actually will be sitting behind the stage on Edge's side. So that'll be interesting to see everything from a "behind the scenes" type perspective.

That picture of Adam is awesome! I like how the shadows add a little bit of mystery to it and make it look like he's really deep in thought.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Oh man, I didn't even know they did this until my friend sent me pics. I gotta get them to send me a couple; I've got all kinds of credits on it.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    Oh man, I didn't even know they did this until my friend sent me pics. I gotta get them to send me a couple; I've got all kinds of credits on it.
    Ha! Your name was legit the first I looked for when I got to the credits page!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    Congratulations on joining the likes of Leigh Bowery and David Wojnarowicz.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Congratulations on joining the likes of Leigh Bowery and David Wojnarowicz.
    No idea what you're referencing.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Artists they've used on past tours and credited in tour programs.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    oh this sounds great - anyone here when they played Gloria? I love that song on Under a Blood Red Sky...sadly never saw it at the show I went to see in 1997

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-show-20150629

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Just arrived!!!

This actually turned out even cooler than I thought it would. The performance itself is great as well. It's so great hearing them play in what essentially sounds like a hole in the wall pub.

U2 just keep knocking it out of the park with their subscriber exclusives these past few years.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Anyone else get tickets for the JT shows? I just blew $370 for two tickets to the Sunday Pasadena show (damn ticket brokers) and wanted to see if anyone wanted to meet up with my sister and I before the show.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm going, but to Louisville...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I really fucking wish I was going. Just couldn't afford to travel for this one, so I'm holding out hope that they'll actually come to KC whenever they decide to tour for Songs of Experience.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Their setlists look incredible for this tour...really excited. If they play Some Sort of Homecoming I'll shit meself.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Took my little sister with me to the Sunday show at the Rose Bowl and we had a blast together. This was our fifth show since 2001's Elevation Tour and the guys were once again amazing. I'm so happy to finally scratch off the RB from my venue bucket list, i've always wanted to see a show there ever since watching Depeche Mode's 101 20 years ago.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Just gonna throw it out there, that I fucking LOOOVE the new batch of remixes on the new deluxe edition of Joshua Tree. I was expecting the same typical club remixes you get from U2, but these are actually really well done. They completely fit the moods and textures of the original album. That Flood remix of Streets is so damn beautiful.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Just gonna throw it out there, that I fucking LOOOVE the new batch of remixes on the new deluxe edition of Joshua Tree. I was expecting the same typical club remixes you get from U2, but these are actually really well done. They completely fit the moods and textures of the original album. That Flood remix of Streets is so damn beautiful.
    oh nice, i'm going to have to check these out because I also thought they would be typical boring remixes *looks at Depeche Mode's remix catalog*

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    oh nice, i'm going to have to check these out because I also thought they would be typical boring remixes *looks at Depeche Mode's remix catalog*
    Live at MSG is also a far better live recording than the Paris one that came with the last Joshua Tree reissue.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I wish they had a remix or a even a cover for each song on that third disk, it's not much "new" stuff and the rest of this release is pretty useless.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'm looking at the tickets for Gillette Stadium, and the prices range from $220 to $1,255? I mean, I like U2, but that's just ridiculous. Looks like the show is sold-out too, with a few tickets available for resale. U2 fans must have a lot of disposable income.

That's what bothers me about Bono--he pretends to be this great humanitarian and charges his fans ridiculous amounts of money to attend a show.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 06-04-2017 at 07:39 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    I'm looking at the tickets for Gillette Stadium, and the prices range from $220 to $1,255? I mean, I like U2, but that's just ridiculous. Looks like the show is sold-out too, with a few tickets available for resale. U2 fans must have a lot of disposable income.

That's what bothers me about Bono--he pretends to be this great humanitarian and charges his fans ridiculous amounts of money to attend a show.
    That seems...surprising. Is it because they're all platinum tickets? Louisville field level were 70 before fees...which is pretty good.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Not bad at all.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Bono is such a fucking turd.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I realize the bono bashing is in fashion but these price are for "verified resale tickets"
    if someone is to blame here it's capitalism, ticketfucker.com and the scumbags scalpers.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    We will call it "Bonoshing". ::ba-dum-TISH::

^^^ low hanging fruit

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    I realize the bono bashing is in fashion but these price are for "verified resale tickets"
    if someone is to blame here it's capitalism, ticketfucker.com and the scumbags scalpers.
    THIS....it's not the band's fault that TM sells tickets to brokers almost instantly when tix go on sale.

Also, more dates have been announced:

September 3 - Detroit at Ford Field
    September 5 - Buffalo at New Era Field
    September 8 - Minneapolis at US Bank Stadium
    September 10 - Indianapolis at Lucas Oil Stadium
    September 12 - Kansas City at Arrowhead Stadium
    September 16 - St. Louis at Dome at America's Center
    September 22 - San Diego at Qualcomm Stadium
    October 3 - Mexico City at Foro Sol
    October 7 - Bogota, Colombia at Estadio El Campin
    October 10 - Buenos Aires, Argentina at La Plata
    October 14 - Santiago, Chile at Estadio Nacional
    October 19 - Sao Paulo, Brazil at Morumbi Stadium
    Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 06-06-2017 at 06:10 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Totally gonna try and swing that San Diego date *crosses fingers*

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So, after some 5 years since getting Achtung Baby 20th Anniversary I decided to really go through all the discs :-), and this one is amazing! I am sure you know it, I did not...

(and "Baby" Achtung Baby is also quite interesting, songs before Eno and Lanois fixes)