Thread: Coil

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Word on the Coil FB group is that Musick To Play In The Dark Vol. 1 is getting a vinyl re-release this summer on Dais, with higher-quality artwork and will include the full-length CD versions of the tracks as opposed to the original trimmed LP versions. Sourced from the original masters.

Vol. 2 under discussion currently

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Word on the Coil FB group is that Musick To Play In The Dark Vol. 1 is getting a vinyl re-release this summer on Dais, with higher-quality artwork and will include the full-length CD versions of the tracks as opposed to the original trimmed LP versions. Sourced from the original masters.

Vol. 2 under discussion currently

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hi all,

I'm after some advice re all of this new Coil vinyl that's been coming out, and what is or isn't 'legit', given the number of different labels all this stuff is coming out on.

I've been a bit of a Coil dabbler for many years, but have been diving in a bit more deeply with vinyl recently. I've got Time Machines and Black Light District, both of which I've wanted for years, so was super happy when those came out. I also randomly grabbed Astral Disaster Sessions Un/Finished Music when I saw it in a record shop. That's got some great stuff on it, even though I'm not actually that familiar with the original release.

Anyway, I'm thinking of buying Gay Man's Guide and Stolen & Contaminated Songs, but wasn't sure if either or both of these would be considered to be 'official' Coil releases? Is there such a thing these days? Is their a view on which record labels are putting out legitimate Coil releases, and which aren't? I'm also thinking in terms of what's coming out in future.

Anyway, help/guidance appreciated before I splash too much cash...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Hi all,

I'm after some advice re all of this new Coil vinyl that's been coming out, and what is or isn't 'legit', given the number of different labels all this stuff is coming out on.

I've been a bit of a Coil dabbler for many years, but have been diving in a bit more deeply with vinyl recently. I've got Time Machines and Black Light District, both of which I've wanted for years, so was super happy when those came out. I also randomly grabbed Astral Disaster Sessions Un/Finished Music when I saw it in a record shop. That's got some great stuff on it, even though I'm not actually that familiar with the original release.

Anyway, I'm thinking of buying Gay Man's Guide and Stolen & Contaminated Songs, but wasn't sure if either or both of these would be considered to be 'official' Coil releases? Is there such a thing these days? Is their a view on which record labels are putting out legitimate Coil releases, and which aren't? I'm also thinking in terms of what's coming out in future.

Anyway, help/guidance appreciated before I splash too much cash...
    gay man's guide is legit and great. as are astral disaster & unfinished music.

stolen & contaminated, according to some of my friends in this thread, is a danny hyde cash grab.

anything that comes out on Dais records is 100% legit, and done with great care, as i'm sure you noticed from their versions of time machines & black light district.

there's a single of another brown world/baby food that's legit, as is the version of "a cold cell" that has the etching on side B.

i have mixed feelings about swanyard vs. backwards, but i own both and since ape of naples is my fav coil album, i'm glad to finally have (supposedly) every single thing from those sessions.