Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    It sucks incredibly bad, shockingly bad really.
    Yeah, not really. It's not a masterpiece but it has a lot of lore it doesn't explain unless you visit the grimoire cards. It's not like they slapped some random shit together and called it a day.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Yeah, not really. It's not a masterpiece but it has a lot of lore it doesn't explain unless you visit the grimoire cards. It's not like they slapped some random shit together and called it a day.
    Stop. Forcing someone to get out of the game to explore "lore" on a wesbite is ridiculous. What's also completely ridiculous is the loot system. It doesn't make any goddamn sense. I'm level 20 and i know people much lower with exotic gear that i don't even have.

The PVP is improving now for sure and there's potential here but i don't know if it's going to reach that maximum level of competitiveness. There's a lot they could do with the foundation they've created though.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Th plot is just absolutely atrocious. The art direction is great, but it is in service of just a god awful story with terrible acting and abysmal characters. I'm enjoying it but fuck the story is bad.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir
    The PVP is improving now for sure and there's potential here but i don't know if it's going to reach that maximum level of competitiveness.
    If you want to "reach that maximum level of competitiveness" you wouldn't be playing shooters with a gamepad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think I found where all the story is.... Have y'all checked out the Destiny app (free)?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I'm just surprised people were expecting a good story out of this. Good world design, atmosphere, aesthetics and look, yeah.. and all of that delivers... but people wanted a compelling story?

Really?

99.9% of all video game stories are bullshit. Halo included.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm just surprised people were expecting a good story out of this. Good world design, atmosphere, aesthetics and look, yeah.. and all of that delivers... but people wanted a compelling story?

Really?

99.9% of all video game stories are bullshit. Halo included.
    Red dead? The last of us? Arkham? Skyrim? Assassins creed?

I can go on. I have to disagree. Lots of games out there with great stories.

I'm soloing this game since my work schedule is preventing me from playing with friends. So the challenging experience is nice.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The story is almost nonexistent. Just now I'm finding out about the grimoire cards and the lore. Halo had story. Say what you will about those games, but they had a beginning and an end. The story of destiny is just "you're thrown on a big map. Now, go from A to B. Ok, do it again". The game is fun. I like trying to get better armor. But without some sort of story or resolution, why am I supposed to stay interested. Or better yet, how?

If it weren't for Strikes and Crucible, the game would've been traded.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I agree with the sloppy execution on the story, its what bugged me about titanfall. Till this day in have no clue on what the universe is all about. Just like I don't know about the destiny universe besides what they told me in the intro.

That trend needs to stop.

When I get my ps4, I'm probably jumping ship to that community.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It doesn't explain much of anything. They make such a big deal about The Traveler. Yet, they explain nothing. You're doing all of these missions, and you get zero reason why. The fallen are after The Traveler. Ok, why? What is The Traveler? They throw in these elements but they give you no real detail on who or what they are. Or, why they do the things they do. That bugs me.

Why am I a guardian? Why do I feel obligated to protect the tower and the traveler? to play a game and actually feel like what I'm doing actually matter does mean something. Fun shooter, but that's where it goes completely wrong imo.
    Last edited by Piko; 09-19-2014 at 11:47 AM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    First off, none of those are first person shooters.

Second, really?! The story in Skyrim is ridiculous. It had an expansive and immersive world, but "story?!" COME ON. You're about to be executed, and a dragon shows up and interrupts all that. Then, you go visit a local town, and the leader of the town tells you to go fetch an item called a dragon stone. Seriously. "Go get me the Dragonstone." Ok. This stone, by the way, will help you find where dragons are buried.
    So... You go and get the special dragon stone, and bring it back, and now there's more dragons... so you kill it, and you absorb the dragon's soul, which gives you the ability to do a dragon shout! All of this is proof that you are, in fact, the DRAGON BORN, the chosen fucker who can absorb dragon souls and do dragon shouts. You then go on a quest to receive aid from people who know more about dragon shouting, so you can kill the big bad dragon Alduin with a super dragon shout.

Are you kidding me!!? Skyrim had the shittiest plot ever. Great game, but the actual story was laughably bad. The Last of Us is the one exception in the list, and while Arkham was inoffensive, the plot itself wasn't anything special. In fact, Arkham City had a pretty silly plot.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I am a big advocate of stories in games, as im sure you know if youve listened to my rants and raves over the years, but bottom line is that some games wont care and will still be gokd, and this is one of them. I still enjoy peter dinlages bored performance because its the special kind of bad that highlights the emptiness and stupidity of the material. Hilarious!

A few other things i dont like: vehicle combat. Handled horrendously. Almost impossible to stop someone in a vehicle, they just run amok. And some maps are simply too large.

Im at level 27 now. I have all legendary gear, an exotic helmet and two different exotic weapons on rotation: the best shotun in the game, invective. And a pulse rifle called "bad juju".

The only way to raise my level is to upgrade ny gear and the only way to upgrade my gear id woth "ascendant shards" which are incredibly tough tk find. Ive found 7. Thats one every ten hours. Gonna spend today trying to find a better method...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I still need to get my crucible/vanguard ranks up (still at 1... ... ...). Are the daily heroics even worth it? I'm going to do the weekly when I get home for strange coins.

And I have zero problems with the voice acting.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Daily heroic stories at high enough levels, provide ascendant materials which you need to level past 27.

Speaking of which, i more than doubled my shards in the few hours since my last post. Heres what i did: obtained and dismantled legendary equipment. Leveled up cryptarch a bunch....

And daily heroic! I might be able to actually hit 28 tonight.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post

I can go on. I have to disagree. Lots of games out there with great stories.

I'm soloing this game since my work schedule is preventing me from playing with friends. So the challenging experience is nice.
    Nah, those stories suck as bad as a Uwe Boll flick, maybe worse. Video games have no decent stories but at least with Halo i had somewhat of an interest to see what happened next, with this i don't even pay attention.

The campaign or missions/strikes themselves kinda suck and that's a problem. There is seriously ZERO variety, can we agree with that? It's all the same shit lol. What i do enjoy (ironically) is the level of customization for my guardian but even that seems kinda thin. The PVP has potential, potential i don't think will be realized with this iteration but it does have potential.

I wish Sage just decided to go full on ShadowRun though =( shit wouldve been so awesome.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Nah, those stories suck as bad as a Uwe Boll flick, maybe worse. Video games have no decent stories but at least with Halo i had somewhat of an interest to see what happened next, with this i don't even pay attention.

The campaign or missions/strikes themselves kinda suck and that's a problem. There is seriously ZERO variety, can we agree with that? It's all the same shit lol. What i do enjoy (ironically) is the level of customization for my guardian but even that seems kinda thin. The PVP has potential, potential i don't think will be realized with this iteration but it does have potential.

I wish Sage just decided to go full on ShadowRun though =( shit wouldve been so awesome.
    I never had any issues with you but you're seriously hard to even take serious anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Would anyone care to share their experiences in getting legendary and/or exotic items? I've been stuck at lvl 22 for a few days now. I have over 200 crucible points (and haven't even reached rank 1 yet). I've gotten a few purple engrams but nothing legendary. At this rate, I won't have anything legendary until I hit rank 2 for New Monarchy at which point I'll just buy them.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiah View Post
    Would anyone care to share their experiences in getting legendary and/or exotic items? I've been stuck at lvl 22 for a few days now. I have over 200 crucible points (and haven't even reached rank 1 yet). I've gotten a few purple engrams but nothing legendary. At this rate, I won't have anything legendary until I hit rank 2 for New Monarchy at which point I'll just buy them.
    it's an obnoxious grind. that's all i can really say lol

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiah View Post
    Im just about to reach 28. Here's how it works
    : you dont generally get legendaries or exotics until at least about 24.

Plan out your purchases. Try to take advantagr of reputation amond multiple factions. When your ank to 3 or better in a given faction you get a kegendary package. You sbould be able to purchase, with marks at least one item from each faction per week, plus an exotic from xur. Look up online what the exotics are, and figure out what is right for you, you can only wear one each of armor and weapon.

Exotics sort of just come to you from bounties and xur

The 27-30 endgane is: all your gear is legendary and you just need ascendant shards to upgrade it.

Oh and for fucks sake dont do that cave thing, it really does not work.
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 09-21-2014 at 02:50 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    the cave trick does work if you're willing to stand in one spot and do essentially nothing else for hours in the off chance that something might drop. you can get the same results running around mars at high level doing strikes and story missions on harder difficulties. the drop rates are the same, and you'll get marks and better experience doing the strikes and shit. all you'll end up with farming the cave is items, most of which you won't want.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    the cave trick does work if you're willing to stand in one spot and do essentially nothing else for hours in the off chance that something might drop. you can get the same results running around mars at high level doing strikes and story missions on harder difficulties. the drop rates are the same, and you'll get marks and better experience doing the strikes and shit. all you'll end up with farming the cave is items, most of which you won't want.
    I farm the first Moon mission when the Hive break through the door. Kill all the Thralls and let the Ultra Knights and Acolytes kill you. You respawn before they break the door. Rinse and repeat.

I got the Exotic Weapon Bounty for the Invective shotgun. I completed the requirements last night. It's really nice in Strikes and missions but really lousy in multiplayer compared to my legendary shotgun.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Destiny

I just need legendary legs and a helmet to be maxed out then I'll try to no life getting upgrade materials. Currently level 25.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 09-21-2014 at 11:36 AM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Invective is amazing in mp, you just need to upgrade it. And it plays differently than other shotguns, because you use the ajto fir instead of shotty-melee. Youll also want to dash cancel out of reloading it

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Just got to the moon, it's crazy!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Request to join? I sent one.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Request to join? I sent one.
    Ok. Just requested.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Ok. Just requested.
    Yup i sent it. Thanks!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Why am I a guardian? Why do I feel obligated to protect the tower and the traveler? to play a game and actually feel like what I'm doing actually matter does mean something. Fun shooter, but that's where it goes completely wrong imo.
    The Traveler can no longer move any more. Why we do not know, as told in the story. The darkness has gathered to wipe humanity out once and for all. The Traveler is using ghosts to seek out protectors or 'Guardians' as warriors of Light to fight the Dark because it can no longer move. You want to protect the Tower because it is humanity's last safe zone, you want to protect the Traveler because humanity is doomed without it. Exactly what the Traveler is no one knows, that's where the intrigue is.

The story is compelling to me, albeit it'd be nice if it were fleshed out more in the game. But people need to realise this is an online game that is designed to be played multiple times. If we had longer cut scenes we'd all be complaining about the unskippable cut scenes. Before you start, yes they do need to be unskippable so you wouldn't ruin it for anyone else who might be playing it for the first time, or for someone who wants to watch the story again.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

I just need legendary legs and a helmet to be maxed out then I'll try to no life getting upgrade materials. Currently level 25.
    How cute our characters are practically the same. I go female cuz in PVP the build is visually harder to shoot at usually but wondering why you did though.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    How cute our characters are practically the same. I go female cuz in PVP the build is visually harder to shoot at usually but wondering why you did though.
    Been avoiding this for awhile. But, I gotta ask. Are you a Microsoft employee who's butthurt that Bungie left? Got it. You don't like the game. Everyone gets it. Do yourself a favor (and everyone else), trade it in and get your 20-30 back while you still can, and be done with it? You complained before it came out, ended up paying the 60 for it, and you're still complaining. Maybe you love it, but can't admit it?

As for the customization (why should I bother...?), what were you expecting? As a guy who has played a few mmos over the years, it seems legit enough, if you ask me.