Page 40 of 99 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 2944

Thread: NIN with Soundgarden - summer 2014 amphitheatre NA tour

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    day 37 of the presales.. who's ready?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Anyone know what the password for the Livenation presale today is?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Sabbath View Post
    Anyone know what the password for the Livenation presale today is?
    Considering some people on this forum are uber sensitive to helping this community, why would I ever give you ACCESS to that?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle View Post
    Considering some people on this forum are uber sensitive to helping this community, why would I ever give you ACCESS to that?
    I'm terrible with subtle clues

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Sent a PM!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    That you are. I'm semi-retarded and even i caught that one

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Livenation Facebook says access or radio should work.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    That you are. I'm semi-retarded and even i caught that one
    I was joking! haha!

Thanks guys!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i guess i'm not adept at picking up on subtle jokes. My bad.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    No luck with Camden GA again, and Holmdel must be nearly sold out from presales because was only pulling up LAWN 3/4 tries.

We'll see how the public sale goes on Friday.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    No luck with Camden GA again, and Holmdel must be nearly sold out from presales because was only pulling up LAWN 3/4 tries.

I wonder if livenation only got what wasn't sold from the other presales because I had the same thing happen to me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Failed again! This shit's getting old.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I should of never told my friends I would buy tickets for them... I had to get rid of 100 level tickets in Toronto from the NIN presale because I need 6.

I too will be hoping and praying during tomorrow's general sale. I think they reserve a LARGE block of decent tickets for the public sale (i.e., I haven't seen many people talk about the 200 level). Here's to hoping my optimism is correct! (Plus I'm not sure how fair it is to sell all the 'good' seats before it hits the public)

Otherwise we are having a picnic on the lawn...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    I wonder if livenation only got what wasn't sold from the other presales because I had the same thing happen to me.
    To your point, when looking over the seating chart and what was available prior to the LN presale, it showed only the last set of seating and lawns (aside from a few singles). So in theory it makes sense.

Onwards to Friday!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Fine....

heres photographic evidence of the existence of a pit at Susquehanna bank center in Camden.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2592858596177

Yeah I figured as much. I couldn't remember with the SOAD show. I had seats, but I was also extremely wasted.

Thats the only time I've ever had seats in Camden. The 50 other shows there I've been at had all been lawns haha.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Well, you won't be getting pushed around in your seat... so maybe it's time you agree and sign that petition.

But seriously, there are countless people bitching and complaining about no GA foor in this thread, just read the last 15 pages. So far, you have been pretty much the only person to admit it won't be so bad having a seat on the GA floor area. There are more fans that WANT the floor experience over bring stuck in a seat at the front.
    I said "a little"! But, seriously, I'm not saying I prefer being seated (and by "seated" of course I mean standing in a place with seats), but there are some benefits to having seats, too. Maybe more importantly though, I'm kind of against the idea of demanding a change based on my personal preference without knowing the other ramifications of the change. (That's my personal philosophy. If you disagree, that's fine.)

You say that countless people have been complaining, but really that's not true - only a few dozen at most have. And many of those complaints are based on the notion that, if there was a standing pit, they would definitely get those tickets. I don't really agree with that idea. I think there must be more people that want pit tickets than would actually be able to get them in any case. I haven't looked at the layout of all the amphitheaters, but someone mentioned a number around 500, and these amphitheaters hold 10,000+. That's 5% or fewer of the tickets. And we can't be sure that switching from seated to standing pit wouldn't negatively affect the other audience members or the bands and staff.

I wouldn't be against finding out more information about the decision, though, if anyone has an idea who to ask.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    A petition to change the entire structure of the venue layouts that have been agreed upon by the artist/management, and in which thousands of tickets have already been sold?

Funniest shit I've read in a long time. If not being able to mosh around like a 15 year old is really that big of a deal, there's a hundred shitty bands touring this summer one can do that at.
    I love you.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    call me nuts because I fucking love NIN but... I'm kind of waiting to see how this looks before buying tix. I mean, 1) I live in Manhattan so no venue is exactly close to me, which makes it more of a commitment (I'm not complaining, other people deserve their chance to see NIN!) but more 2) I guess Tension felt pretty perfect to me, and ampitheater NIN never seems as good to me as indoor NIN and 3) Soundgarden; I'm really not liking the nostalgia vibe from the whole thing...

Countering all of this is Death Grips, but like... I guess I'm going to wait and see what the tour setup is, etc. I'm sort of thoroughly underwhelmed by the current tour setup and if it's just gonna be that, I think I might sit this one out. :-/

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I wonder whether people who clamour endlessly for GA and for their ribcages to be crushed at rail realise that people who choose seats don't always WANT to be far from the front, but they're sometimes unable to stand for a full length show.

Seriously, what's wrong with seats? ESPECIALLY if you get a fancy light show or something.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m33k View Post
    This will be the first NA tour since 2006 that I probably won't catch a single date unless they announce a headlining club one-off or something similar. I'm not entirely sure why, but my enthusiasm for this tour is as low as it's ever been for ANYTHING NIN related, ever. At least, with the whole development of a co-headlining tour, it's pretty likely that this won't be the last NA tour. I can't see TR going out like that.
    I think I'm with you man, I don't think I'm going to any of these shows. The presale fiasco really turned me off, and I'm not paying 97 dollars for seats 3 sections away from the orchestra.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Why is everyone assuming GA is strictly for people who want to mosh and push around? I was GA for 4 shows last year, front rail for all of them, and besides something like March of the Pigs or Survivalism, it's not as bad as some of you are making it out to be. I've been to Avenged Sevenfold concerts that are 10x more rough than the NIN shows I was at. Sure, the NIN crowd is probably older, but just because it's GA doesn't mean it all about moshing and pushing.

In all of my experiences, GA is just an all around more personal and intimate experience that I prefer.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    All right, here are my final pre-sale results:
    NIN.com - Chula Vista & Irvine = Orchestra center & left
    Soundgarden - Red Rocks = 4th row center-ish
    Facebook - Las Vegas = VIP1

I didn't pull any decent seats for the Hollywood Bowl, so I'll skip that one unless I can grab a discounted Platinum Pool ticket day of show. I only planned to hit four shows and my seats are close to the stage and center for two gigs, so all is well.

Of course, it would be nice if the band had some sort of buy 100 shows get one free deal or something. Oh well.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    It's interesting how so many people here prefer rail or to be as close as possible to the stage. Typically the sound there is bad, not terrible, but certainly if you stand around close to the mixing board that's where you get the best sound, and the best view! Specially with a show like Tension. And I think NIN is way beyond its days of moshing, so certainly when I go see NIN I don't see the appeal of getting GA tickets to be by the rail or in this case, get GA to be in the pit. In an amphitheater setup, seats are by far the best, although I can see how the price point is turning some people off.

If I wanted to mosh, I would be going to a Dillinger Escape Plan show (doing that next month, they're playing with Retox )!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    call me nuts because I fucking love NIN but... I'm kind of waiting to see how this looks before buying tix. I mean, 1) I live in Manhattan so no venue is exactly close to me, which makes it more of a commitment (I'm not complaining, other people deserve their chance to see NIN!) but more 2) I guess Tension felt pretty perfect to me, and ampitheater NIN never seems as good to me as indoor NIN and 3) Soundgarden; I'm really not liking the nostalgia vibe from the whole thing...

Countering all of this is Death Grips, but like... I guess I'm going to wait and see what the tour setup is, etc. I'm sort of thoroughly underwhelmed by the current tour setup and if it's just gonna be that, I think I might sit this one out. :-/
    Not weird at all. I kind of wanted to wait too, and probably would have if I didn't get such a good ticket. (I feel like mediocre tickets won't be hard to get.) Jones Beach isn't so far from NYC, although I looked into getting there on public transportation, and there were pretty negative reviews. (Basically, you have to take a local bus, which is overwhelmed by people leaving the concert.) Still thinking about getting a lawn ticket or something for that show, though, if the tour is interesting (varied setlist) and I can get a ride there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa A. Veal View Post
    Anyone have any theories why they pulled the pit section for these shows? It was a big surprise to me because 2 of the venues have pit because I had pit for both shows on the NIN/JA tour. I know the platinum seats were obviously created to make more $$$$, but couldn't they of kept the pit and charged more for those? It just doesn't make sense.
    I'm actually most frustrated with Jones Beach not having a pit. This is the FIRST year they have ever had a GA section (view the Fall Out Boy/Paramore and Linkin Park/30 Seconds To Mars seating charts for reference). However, the show that probably calls for a pit the most (NIN/Soundgarden) has us in seats. That being said, I've noticed the "GA PIT" prices for JB are extremely high compared to other venues which I think is due to Jones Beach not selling alcohol and, as such, bands/promoter trying to make up for that revenue source in ticket prices. I also asked a friend who worked at Live Nation and he told me "Apparently Trent requested this" (though, take that with a grain of salt, because "Trent" could mean his management/tour manager).

For the others in the Tri-state area, PNC Bank Arts Center has never had a GA pit and likely never will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post

Both Jones beach and PNC are easily accessible from Manhattan. Jones Beach - take the LIRR to Freeport and there is a bus (you can use your metro card) to travel to the venue. The back-up at the end of the show is never that bad.

PNC - Take the NJ Transit to Aberdeen/Matawan and they provide buses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I wonder whether people who clamour endlessly for GA and for their ribcages to be crushed at rail realise that people who choose seats don't always WANT to be far from the front, but they're sometimes unable to stand for a full length show.

Seriously, what's wrong with seats? ESPECIALLY if you get a fancy light show or something.
    I think people think they HAVE to sit, fuck that. I got seats and I'll be standing the whole time. Did for Tension, hell, my entire section was standing up.

I kind of prefer seats, don't get me wrong, the pit is great, but sometimes I just want to be there to hear the music and enjoy the show and not have to worry about being ass to balls with my fellow NIN fans.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    The fact that every single tour listing (official and unofficial) included the codes.
    The fact that the scalpers know what they're doing and already have said codes.
    The fact that most of the complaints have more to do with "platinum seating" the lack of a pit, the best seats not even being part of the presale and the captchas, none of which have anything to do with codes.

Just click that "notifications" thing in the upper right and read every post that quoted you because I'm sure I missed something.

And finally, don't flatter yourself. I'm not trying to impress you. Seeing your use of logic though, I'm not surprised you'd think that someone who believes you to be an idiot would be trying to impress you.
    "The fact that every single tour listing (official and unofficial) included the codes."

So because OTHER sites are missing the whole point of having a "passworded presale" in the first place that means that all you people must follow suit and be idiots? Wow - I expected a little more independent thinking for NIN uber fans. Can you not do the math that the more people have the password then the more people will be competing for a FINITE amount of tickets?
    I dont see Ticketemaster putting the password on their page. By your logic - why dont they just do that?
    You STILL didnt address my question of what the point is of a password presale if everyone makes it accessible to EVERYONE.
    Was not the orig point to get tickets more in the hands of fans - by creating a password that would be accessible to fans by them doing fan "stuff" - like signing up on a website fan list, etc? Sure - its turned into a corporate model - get a Citibank card and we will give you access to tickets the GENERAL PUBLIC dont have access to.
    So what exactly is the point if (as you claim) "EVERY SINGLE TOUR LISTING" includes the codes? Will you actually answer that question this time? .
    Giving a "well everyone does it so we did to" is about the dumbest thing Ive seen said about this.

"The fact that the scalpers know what they're doing and already have said codes."

Yep = the more accessible the codes are by the least amount of work - like going to ANY site with a tour listing and finding it there - then yes - scalpers will also have said codes. You are a genius - 2+2 still = 4. You contributed to that by posting them here on the public board. Again - you are leaning towards a puzzling attitude of "they already have us beat so we may as well not care enough to try to fight the problem."

"The fact that most of the complaints have more to do with "platinum seating" the lack of a pit, the best seats not even being part of the presale and the captchas, none of which have anything to do with codes."

I see a lot of complaining about EVERYTHING Trent has a hand in and even probably doesnt have a hand in here on this thread alone. I see a lot of complaining in the presales with sites crashing, waiting rooms, and seeing tickets on resale sites for more. The password presales was originally a way to curb that a bit in that only certain people who went to certain trouble would get access to the password.
    Do you realize there are bands that give a password to their fans through their site and they specifically ask that it NOT be posted on the public forums. Ive seen it - and I (obviously) agree with it. But in the watered down pool of everyone just sharing it on every public site (meaning no log in no nothing) its become not so effective (affective? I never know).

The fact that some of you seem to completely miss the fact that I said I shared any password with anyone thiteat PM'd me is funny - because I did, and you people comment in a way that says I dont want anyone to have it but ME. The point is - those people sign up on the site, interact with others (asking the question). That takes a lot more work than just getting online and going to any random site asnd finding the password - which how can you argue doesnt DEFEAT THE WHOLE POINT?
    Yes - its a problem that it gets posted everywhere these days (for SOME SALES) but why does that mean you guys not only join the stupidity but even argue for it?! puzzling to say the least. Do you not see that half of your argument amounts to "they already have beat the system and others are helping them too so why should we bother?
    But to take the attitude that I dont want any other actual fans to have it - just shows you cant really read - as I went out of my way to say I would share it with anyone who asked me through PM, and the whole point of me making this an issue was for the BENEFIT OF ALL REAL FANS to fight this reseller thing if even just a little bit.

But no - you genius uber fans that protect all things NIN can see through the lies and deception coming from me, the "selfish prick", when my real goal here is to be the ONLY ONE HOLDING THE PASSWORD!!! (laughs maniacally)

really? :|

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Why is everyone assuming GA is strictly for people who want to mosh and push around? I was GA for 4 shows last year, front rail for all of them, and besides something like March of the Pigs or Survivalism, it's not as bad as some of you are making it out to be. I've been to Avenged Sevenfold concerts that are 10x more rough than the NIN shows I was at. Sure, the NIN crowd is probably older, but just because it's GA doesn't mean it all about moshing and pushing.

In all of my experiences, GA is just an all around more personal and intimate experience that I prefer.
    nin is like the goldilocks of moshing. Other 90s bands that I've been to don't seem to get much of a pit going. Younger bands are just too violent for me**. NIN is just right. There's pushing and shoving, but most of us are old enough that it's not excessive.

**thats not an old man thing. I was the same way when I was younger. My first NIN show I started in the pit until MOTP started and I had to back up. To this day, I still brace myself when I hear "come on you fucking pigs."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle View Post
    Congrats - your post shows you cant read.

I never said anything like that. In fact I said it is this community who SHOULD have access - not the whole world through a public posting - and I PM'd passwords to anyone who asked.

Interesting that since my post no one posted the KROQ password or this Livenation password - even though it was specifically asked for.
    Could it be you see some sort of reason in my logic? Certainly not -
    yet you still sent a PM.