Page 12 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN with Soundgarden - summer 2014 amphitheatre NA tour

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Presale next week would be perfect timing for me.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa A. Veal View Post
    It has obviously been pushed back. There is no way they would announce dates and then 2 dates later they go on sale. No band does this.
    They are probably doing last minute changes, adding cities/venues (fingers crossed for a NC date) so lets all be patient.
    beck literally did that today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm hoping for a possible date in Burgettstown or Ohio, please Trent!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I hope these dates run in to September because I'm not sure I'll be able to pull off more annual leave a short time after traveling around Europe for 3 week in May in to June...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Siren View Post
    I hope these dates run in to September because I'm not sure I'll be able to pull off more annual leave a short time after traveling around Europe for 3 week in May in to June...
    Hate to tell you, but I would count on August 25 being the last date.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Nine Inch Nails with the possibility of Death Grips opening is a done deal for me.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Hate to tell you, but I would count on August 25 being the last date.
    Yeah, you're probably right...

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Fuck those dudes. Their "music" is complete nonsense, i don't buy the controversy surrounding their leaks/major label drama for a second (it's all staged imo), & the lack of respect for their fans is disgusting. I'm actually surprised Trent would want to bring out a bunch of clowns that purposefully shit on their fans like this, considering the level of respect Trent has shown towards the fans since 2005. That shit is just unlistenable to me too.
    I've heard of them before, but never listened to them. Got it on Spotify right now and safe to say song number three won't make it to the end. This shit's terrible.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    This has already been covered i'm sure, BUT
    Superunknown is 20 years old this year.
    The Downward Spiral is 20 years old this year.

You think soundgarden and nin will be playing those albums in their entirety on this tour?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Someone asked that two pages ago.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I hope soundgarden plays the perfect drug

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Why so serious?"

You people are just the best. I love the emotions and snarky comments regarding SG. My personal favorite was the jackass who said SG "might" earn the co-headlining spot if and only if they announce they'll be playing Superunknown in its entirety every night. That would be the only way they could draw ticket sales. ***yawnnnnnn***

I'm sure Trent saw your posting and then suddenly realized the error of his ways, immediately contacted his manager and had the tour cancelled.

Here's a newsflash: NIN can't sell out 18,000-seat sheds on their own. Harsh reality, but a reality nevertheless. We should all just relax and out faith in Trent's decisions -- when has he ever let us down before?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpaulregan View Post
    We should all just relax and out faith in Trent's decisions -- when has he ever let us down before?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpaulregan View Post
    when has he ever let us down before?
    He's let Bill down a lot.

For me..... Releasing Closure instead of the full concert that was filmed. GYBE as opening act. Tapeworm (or lack thereof).

Mostly the first one though.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    What do you mean "rhetorical?"

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    What do you mean "rhetorical?"
    Ehhhh.... you talking to yourself?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I agree that SG should play Superunknown and NIN should play TDS … simultaneously.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I think instead of a coin flip, Chris and Trent should just get in a fistfight to see who goes last each night.

That way, we'll always end with NIN.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Or just arm wrestling.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Nah, we need to keep the violence going all night, which is why IMHO they should go onstage at the same time. The show will end with everyone throwing punches (and instruments) around.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    +1. Also the Dresden Dolls at the Koolhaus almost upstaged NIN and I paid $200 for my ticket. One of the best shows I went to was at the Moslen's Amp with Peaches, Bauhaus and NIN. Peaches got the crowd going off the start. Great performer. NIN gets great openers. Don't know much about SG skipped them in my teen years, but I will give them a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Dresden Dolls, Saul Williams, Explosions in the Sky, Crystal Castles, Alec Empire, Autolux, Gary Numan, Mew, The Horrors, Bauhaus, Peaches.

Sigh, it's a shame.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The Dresden Dolls were awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyBoner42 View Post
    Something's either coming today and if not, next week.
    There's still two more days in the week after today - why couldn't they announce on Thursday or Friday? My money is on a Friday announcement (teasers came out last Friday) with most public onsales starting next Friday. NIN.com presale probably starting next Wednesday.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Just watched some recent live video of SG. I found it bland. Chris Cornell just sort of meandered around stage. It seemed all about the voice, not about the performance. I don't think this is something I'm going to be able to force myself to enjoy between now and August. I wasn't a JA fan either, but Perry Farrell puts on a great show. I think I'm going to have to target seated venues, for once, rather than killing an entire day jockeying for a rail spot. Cause if there's a rail, I'm going to have to try for it. Then I'd have to feign interest in SG, because god forbid I'd disrespect the guy by looking bored. It's a lot of work for an 80 minute high. It's a lot of time, work, stress and travel expense. Why do I do this? Oh, yeah, NIN. Pure bliss...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Must've been an off-date. I saw Soundgarden last year, and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen in my life. Out of over 100 concerts, it was in the top 5. Soundgarden are phenomenal live.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post

Psshhh... Deep is one of my favourite songs. The guitar riffs, solo and wah pedal usage and ringing out wah usage is awesome and powerful during the latter part of the song starting at 2:18. His vox are raw and he showcases his ability to scream. The percussion is a nice mix of live & synth.

I have this song on my iPod shuffle for my jogs, it's great.

Listen again, loud, and listen to the awesome vox and guitar... especially starting at 2:18 and 3:05...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    Psshhh... Deep is one of my favourite songs. The guitar riffs, solo and wah pedal usage and ringing out wah usage is awesome and powerful during the latter part of the song starting at 2:18. His vox are raw and he showcases his ability to scream. The percussion is a nice mix of live & synth.

Listen again, loud, and listen to the awesome vox and guitar... especially starting at 2:18 and 3:05...
    Do the opposite. Turn down the volume and watch the video.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post

Great song. But that video...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    ^ & ^^ LOL yea, I suppose

"I'm gonna go make a withdrawal"... maybe the video showcases the difficulty he had with his finances before the "trial".
    Last edited by snaapz; 03-12-2014 at 10:43 AM.