Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,250 of 2288

Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Try before you buy. There are some good songs for a manson album these days, but as an album as a whole its meh.

I'd take the best of the past three albums and make one definitive album. I'd call it " almost there"
    As long as it didn't include Unkillable Monster or The Gardener we're good.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Murderers are getting prettier every day & overneath the path of misery are on a par with holy wood & certainly better than anything off GAOG

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I'm still choked he neglected 80% of the new album live for his recent tour. I actually enjoyed Born Villain, and think him playing more material from that album would have made the live show more tolerable. Nobody in this day and age wants to hear "Sweet Dreams" and "Personal Jesus". I actually left during "sweet Dreams" to take a good 5 minute long piss, came back to my seat just as the song wrapped up.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Nobody in this day and age wants to hear "Sweet Dreams" and "Personal Jesus".
    Surrrre. That must be why show-after-show half the audience loses their minds the second they realize the band's starting "Sweet Dreams..." and then proceeds to scream every single word of the song the whole way through, and also why half the crowd is pogo-ing up and down, pumping their fists, chanting, and singing along excitedly with "Personal Jesus" all over the place. Because no one wanted to hear them. That makes sense.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    You don't think it's because they're his most commercialized songs? I'm sure that any act these days that's been around as long as MM has crowds that contain tons of people that 'just wanna hear the hits'. I'd honestly be shocked if any crowd at a MM show didn't give that reaction. People jump up and down going nuts at pretty much any rock show isn't new. It's called beer.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    ^^^^
    This man speaks the truth.....

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    The funny thing is, the 2 songs I mentioned about aren't even *HIS* original fucking songs! They are cover songs. I think if they took those out and put 2 original Marilyn Manson songs he wrote in their place you wouldn't have people crying after the show they never got to hear "Personal Jesus".

In fact, I heard a girl outside my show whining because she never got to hear "This is the new shit". Now, i'm not particularily fond of that song myself, but I would take that song over a lousy commericalized cover song anyday of the week.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 02-27-2013 at 07:06 PM.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    The point was that people wanted to hear them, not the degree to which they've been commercialized. And if people are getting hammered on overpriced & watered-down beer when a band starts playing a song they don't want to hear, I generally find their reaction to be far less upbeat & encouraging than what we're talking about here.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Anyways, we missed you. How was the trip?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Marilyn Manson going back out on the road this summer?

Tour date popped up on pollstar.
    Sunday, June 23rd 2013 - Pittsburgh, PA - Appearing with Alice Cooper.

Hmm... duel tour with the coop?

http://www.pollstar.com/resultsArtist.aspx?ID=35077

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

I did a double take at first before I realized its a photoshop

And this was just sent to me by a friend....weird....

Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 02-28-2013 at 01:03 AM.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Yup, Marilyn Manson & Alice Cooper are touring together this Summer. Manson mentioned it last month in Ohio but I wasn't sure if it was cool to let everyone know so I just bit my lip. Can't wait to see them together! Really curious about who else might be on the bill, too. Definitely gonna see as many of those shows as I can for sure!And this tour's been awesome, thanks! For the first time ever I've finally been able to see ALL the US shows of a tour, w00t. I had to skip Canada's dates (because Greyhound stopped selling their 15, 30, and 60 Day Passes, damnit) or else I would've caught EVERYTHING except the overseas shows! So all in all it was a pretty awesome run for me. Not to mention LOTS of badass shows! Got to hang with Manson a few times too and really enjoyed meeting and reuniting with people on the road like always, including the esteemed gladcarrot & his supercool lady (with all their many turtles!) and the friendly guy from ets I met in the pit but never got the name of (HI THERE, btw!) who randomly came up right after the show and declared, "FUCK october_midnight!" lol.Good people!And MOST ASSUREDLY good times! I've got lots of pix & vidz & setlists & autographs & weird memorabilia & crazy anecdotes & stuff like that to share later when I finally get home. Really looking forward to sorting through the recollections and collectibles and finally seeing it all together MYSELF, honestly. Haha, it's been pretty wild.Totally had a blast!\m/
    Last edited by Hazekiah; 02-28-2013 at 06:59 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Lol, that cake and sodomy meme is classic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    I did a double take at first before I realized its a photoshop

And this was just sent to me by a friend....weird....

Time for cake inside of me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    wow, I just died laughing at the cake and sodomy pic. My fav is Meathead's "I am the god of Fuddruckers" pic

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

So getting back on topic here.....

I finally cracked open my Back 2 Black repress of Mechanical Animals and I must say that this is a fantastic repress. The sound quality is very clear and crisp; I'm hearing bits of music that I've never noticed before which is exciting! Well worth the $28 I spent on it....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I've been wondering how the Back to Black edition compares to the white and blue version. Do you happen to have that one to compare it to? I've been thinking about picking one up so I can put my 1st pressing away. I just havent wanted to pay 40 bucks without hearing someones opinion. I think they did a great job with The Downward Spiral so I am holding out hope.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseprocedure View Post
    I've been wondering how the Back to Black edition compares to the white and blue version. Do you happen to have that one to compare it to? I've been thinking about picking one up so I can put my 1st pressing away. I just havent wanted to pay 40 bucks without hearing someones opinion. I think they did a great job with The Downward Spiral so I am holding out hope.
    I say go ahead and pick up the B2B copy. The blue/white pressing is now a collector's piece so I wouldn't play it any longer if I owned it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thank you TIMP for the report, I will also buy a copy of it soon. I wanted to buy this when it released in last August, but I chose Born Villain as it was cheaper and wanted to check the new album.
    What about the new Antichrist repress? Unfortunately it's only available via HotTopic, so it's more difficult / expensive to buy from Europe.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    From those pix, it looks like the original. Are the records colored too?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    as Cobain said... it's better to burn then to fade away. it's sad to see your teenage idols failing so miserably. clinging to fame no matter what. even Lady Gaga is more shocking than him. after TGAOG he doesn't exist for me anymore

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laci View Post
    What about the new Antichrist repress? Unfortunately it's only available via HotTopic, so it's more difficult / expensive to buy from Europe.
    I'm very disappointed in ACSS. The recording sounds muddy and flat plus my copy also came with the dreaded warp that many others are reporting about.

In the end I'm happy to finally have this LP but I wouldn't dare pay more than retail for it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Was ACSS pressed on vinyl when it came out originally? (or Portrait/Smells?)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

I think ACSS was but both Portrait and Smells received the Simply Vinyl repressing later on....

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Bummer, I havent listened to my Portrait reissue, but i bet it suffers from the same problems as your ACSS reissue.

Probably has something to do with the masters being missing, I would assume. I wonder what sources their using for these?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Marilyn Manson & The Spooky Kids

Im feeling that this band warrents it's own thread, considering its a compleatly different entity than Manson as a solo act... (anything up to and including the ACSS demo period)

Anyways, Putesky has updated his soundcloud with 2 classic tracks!! What sounds like to me as the version of Dune Buggy from the Lunchbox cassette (with the re-recorded vocal track) and the version of Cyclops that was on After School Special. These sound, like 900% better than the rips that are out there, so if youre a fan of the early years, dont miss!!!!

On the topic of missing stuff, did anybody keep the 93 demos of Organ Grinder/Sweet Tooth, All Fall Down, or No Class/Styrofoam Raps, tracks that he posted? PM me if you can help
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 03-04-2013 at 10:20 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    http://offliberty.com/

This site rips soundcloud files to mp3. This will be your best friend when it comes to this.

Also, those tracks you mentioned are on youtube, just rip them from there.
    Last edited by Conan The Barbarian; 03-04-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I like(d) the Spooky Kids. I liked their later material that came out closer to when the Manson Family Album aka Portrait of an American Family was being made.

Choklit Factory is so damn good. I love that track.

Portrait of an American Family is my favorite Marilyn Manson album for the record.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    The Antichrist Superstar demos took me down a long nostalgia trip these past few weeks and have me actively spinning his albums again. I’m surprised at how well they’ve held up, particularly ACSS and MA. Also actually listening to the original Smells like Children remixes with all the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Wonka samples intact for the first time; great stuff.
    I’m trying with GOAG and enjoying a few more songs than I originally did, THEOL still has maybe three or four tracks I can kinda get into. I’m afraid to touch EMDM. Revisiting BV a few months later, I’m surprised to say that I still enjoy most of it; its charm hasn’t worn off (some of these lyrics are genuinely fucking terrible and repetitive as hell though). Someone said it’s comparable to With Teeth in that it’s a kind of safe foray from someone trying to get their house in order; I agree for the most part, even if the house is on the verge of collapsing in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by dzaver View Post
    as Cobain said... it's better to burn then to fade away. it's sad to see your teenage idols failing so miserably. clinging to fame no matter what. even Lady Gaga is more shocking than him. after TGAOG he doesn't exist for me anymore
    I don’t want or expect the guy to try and shock anyone anymore. He tries to do that these days and writes cringe worthy lyrics (pretty as a Swastika comes to mind). I just want him to stop trying to be a rockstar for the sake of being a rockstar, stop fucking drinking, and sort himself out. Twiggy’s not going to hold him up forever. Maybe he'd be able to think properly again if his brain's not drowned under a flood of absinthe. I don’t ever expect another ACSS; I just want good tunes. If his next effort's as much of an improvement over BV as BV was over the last two - which still wouldn't touch his old tryptich - I'd be more than happy.

My own ACSS vinyl should be arriving today. Crossing my fingers I avoid the warp.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I actually liked about 70% of Golden Age alot, but some of it was just filler material. I wish more of the 1920s swing/vaudeville themes would have been more previlant on the later tracks. Id just cut it down to almost EPish length...

01 thaeter
    02 new shit
    03 mobscene
    04 doll dagg buzz buzz (i love this song)
    05 use ur fist
    06 golden age
    07 saint
    08 paranoir
    09 obseqeuy