Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: after all is said and done - THE FINAL SHOW - Project that remains unfinished

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD View Post
    Back when this whole messed-up-stolen-money-clusterfuck barely started, I was asked to come up with artwork for the Bluray.

This was the first draft:

<<lowres image of the 2nd link>>

Needless to say, he wasn't very impressed by it and truth be told, I'm happy. I'm glad I wasn't part of this mess.
    I still have the hi-rez version.
    Well guess what. On top of that one, I also found this one:
    http://minus.com/lbj4r7u9Huu8v6 - I dug through the emails and I was wrong. This was actually the first version and still is my favorite one.
    http://minus.com/lrgCMllH66hQa - This one is the second version (actually the 5th, cause it went through several changes).

As always, 300dpi, printer ready. These are for gatefold DVDs, as synthetikz first wanted.
    Last edited by MAD; 03-25-2013 at 02:41 AM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    waited all that time for that huh? so much for pro audio, and pro footage. eh whatever. Now we'll see if they actually deliver on the physical media.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Wow. This actually happened. They actually released the video before NIN started touring. It's certainly lost the whole finality thing that was a focus but hey... I can actually watch it!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Expect 10,000 jokes on blogs and music news websites about 'the final NIN show' being finally released a month after new tour announcement.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    They should have waited another week so the release would fall on April 1st.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    They should have waited another week so the release would fall on April 1st.
    sad but true. That would be infuriating and kinda hilarious. Who wants to get a pool going about when we will have Blu-Rays in hand? I'm gonna be optimistic and say June 1st....... 2016.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    just watched Somewhat Damaged and what an intense performance that was. video quality is pretty good although there is a shot from the left side that seems a bit blurry.
    can't really give an opinion on the audio since i'm listening to it on a crappy monitor sound bar.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Had a quick look at Somewhat and Ruiner on my phone, and liked what I heard and saw. Will reserve full judegement until seen on my home system though...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Color me impressed. I wasn't expecting an update from these guys, either. I'll have to watch the stream/torrent as soon as I can free up 3 hours (which shouldn't be hard, considering I'm home sick)...

...But I won't be fully prepared to eat my words until I have the blu-ray copy in my hands.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    They haven't gotten back to me in a long time. I wonder if they will actually use my artwork for the physical release.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Lol, erm, this is awkward to point out.. umm.. but,

I think we can change the title now

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    not until the actual disks get distributed, i'm afraid

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Started watching it on YouTube, but I had to stop after Somewhat Damaged. The editing is just way off. There's just too much cutting going on. Obviously what kind of footage they got determines the editing style, but I don't think it needed to be like this. I hate to make comparisons (and since I haven't watched the entire thing, I fully admit to being a little unfair), but TOIOU's release of the last Lights In The Sky show was comprised of fan-shot footage and songs that were just as chaotic as the ones from the...ahem...last show, yet the editing was much more focused. This feels sloppy to me. It certainly doesn't feel like something that took nearly four years to complete. I might take some time later to actually sit through the whole thing, but those first two songs were, frankly, kind of hard to watch.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 03-25-2013 at 01:02 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by atinylittledot.com
    680+ hours spent editing and peer reviewing each song by a team of 9 editors, and 7 peer reviewers (from a tiny little dot’s more than 20 person team)
    680 hours per song?! LOLWUT. That has to be a typo.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    680 hours per song?! LOLWUT. That has to be a typo.
    judging by the amount of time its taken... does it?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure that's the total amount of time it took to review all the songs, not how much time they spent on an individual song.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    yea this is crap. sorry.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Yeah, a 4/1 release date would have been apropos for this project. That said, I just wish the soundboard mix could have been used to cut the visuals.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just spotted Gary Numan sat behind Trent when Trent says 'can't wait for it be over' in the 'intro' clip, he's also the last person walking down the stairs...

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Their new intro page describing all the work that went into the project is embarrassing. It's like hyping all the effort that went into the Boston Big Dig. Wow guys, you spent all those hours, all those back and forth trips, all this time, and this is the result? Oh, but there's more coming, oh! Well then!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD View Post
    Lol, erm, this is awkward to point out.. umm.. but,

I think we can change the title now
    Well, it's not altogether finished. There is no color correction and there isn't a blu-ray...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Their new intro page describing all the work that went into the project is embarrassing. It's like hyping all the effort that went into the Boston Big Dig. Wow guys, you spent all those hours, all those back and forth trips, all this time, and this is the result? Oh, but there's more coming, oh! Well then!

They used similar hyperbole at the start when I offered to help them with their copy. I changed it all to proper, factual English, the team loved it, but Sasan rejected it so we're back to "blistering performance". This is basically that opening press release with an overly technical version of the AVOTT release statement as an addendum. For the 2% of people that will read it and understand what DNxHD and interlacing are.

Also I watched 1m30s of Home and got a headache.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    On that note, I wonder what happened to "100+ rightfully disappointed fans!" and "Uncountable bundles of stolen money - all in unmarked bills!"

I'm downloading now, but not expecting the Second Coming they're raving about.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Even if they get to the stage of pressing copies, I still want a refund for my order.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Watched a few seconds of the Good Soldier and got bored. Aren't there already about three of these performances floating around PLUS isn't the NIN camp in possession of the entire show professionally filmed?

fuuckk ittt

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    Watched a few seconds of the Good Soldier and got bored. Aren't there already about three of these performances floating around PLUS isn't the NIN camp in possession of the entire show professionally filmed?

fuuckk ittt
    The NIN camp is in possession of all the club shows with the exception of Webster Hall which is a real shame.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingSlave View Post
    The NIN camp is in possession of all the club shows with the exception of Webster Hall which is a real shame.
    Wo wo wo! Is there confirmation somewhere that states that the NIN camps has PROFESSIONALLY filmed footage from the last (Wiltern) show?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Wo wo wo! Is there confirmation somewhere that states that the NIN camps has PROFESSIONALLY filmed footage from the last (Wiltern) show?
    Yeah - they filmed all the last shows except for Webster Hall. This means that - yes - they also filmed at the Wiltern.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Yeah...but where is the source that says that the NIN camp filmed at these shows.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Yeah...but where is the source that says that the NIN camp filmed at these shows.
    I was at 90% of the last shows with the exception of the 2 Chicago shows trust me they filmed them all. hopefully Trent and Rob will be nice and share them soon !!!!!!