Thread: Chevelle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Wow. I had totally forgotten about this band. They had one album I REALLY liked, or, maybe it was a mix CD someone made for me, back in 06: the one with Vitamin R, was it? Edit:I don't mean it came out then -just that that's when I was listening to it.
    And it also had a track called The Clincher, I think- that's the one that says "this body's left the soul" and "now saturate." I was a cna in a respiratory and wound care hospital at the time, so that "saturate" business, like O2 Sat, really fired me up.
    Awesome to see these guys still kicking ass

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Wow. I had totally forgotten about this band. They had one album I REALLY liked, or, maybe it was a mix CD someone made for me, back in 06: the one with Vitamin R, was it? Edit:I don't mean it came out then -just that that's when I was listening to it.
    And it also had a track called The Clincher, I think- that's the one that says "this body's left the soul" and "now saturate." I was a cna in a respiratory and wound care hospital at the time, so that "saturate" business, like O2 Sat, really fired me up.
    Awesome to see these guys still kicking ass
    This one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_T...ould_Do_Us_In)

Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    La Gargola captured that allure much better than The North Corridor
    As heavy as La Gárgola is, that album actually turned me off of Chevelle for a while. I felt like it came off simultaneously as trying too hard and not trying enough (the latter applying more to the lyrics). The North Corridor is probably my favorite album as it feels more natural to me.
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 02-23-2021 at 03:52 PM.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wight rabbit View Post
    Yeah man. That one was fucking STUNNING. That was the one I had.

Whoever did the song writing for that record has a legitimate god given gift for the craft. Their music is so...idk, it's like, SERIOUS. It sounds IMPORTANT, at least on that record.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by "Elevenism
    Whoever did the song writing for that record has a legitimate god given gift for the craft.
    That is all Pete. He writes all the lyrics with a few exceptions from Sam. This is my all time favorite effort from them.

As heavy as La Gárgola is, that album actually turned me off of Chevelle for a while. I felt like it came off simultaneously as trying too hard and not trying enough (the latter applying more to the lyrics). The North Corridor is probably my favorite album as it feels more natural to me.
    Whattt, complete opposite for me. I feel La Gargola is more focused and driven all around. Songs like Ouija Board, An Island, Hunter Eats Hunter, and Choking Game (Which is sort of two songs in one) just all feel much more cohesive. Even the lyrics give a haunting vibe... There is just more meat to the tracks here.

The North Corridor sounds forced, lazy, and quite forgettable to me. Besides Young Wicked and Joyride, there isn't much variety with some song structures feeling exactly the same. This feels like they were burnt out from Gargola and simply ran out of ideas lol. It's my least favorite Chevelle album.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 02-23-2021 at 05:24 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    That is all Pete. He writes all the lyrics with a few exceptions from Sam. This is my all time favorite effort from them.

Whattt, complete opposite for me. I feel La Gargola is more focused and driven all around. Songs like Ouija Board, An Island, Hunter Eats Hunter, and Choking Game (Which is sort of two songs in one) just all feel much more cohesive. Even the lyrics give a haunting vibe... There is just more meat to the tracks here.

The North Corridor sounds forced, lazy, and quite forgettable to me. Besides Young Wicked and Joyride, there isn't much variety with some song structures feeling exactly the same. This feels like they were burnt out from Gargola and simply ran out of ideas lol. It's my least favorite Chevelle album.
    Interesting. I might have to give them both a listen back to back and see if my opinion changes. I definitely do like some of the tracks on La Gárgola, but songs like Jawbreaker sounded corny to me.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Interesting. I might have to give them both a listen back to back and see if my opinion changes. I definitely do like some of the tracks on La Gárgola, but songs like Jawbreaker sounded corny to me.
    Hahaa, that was a "What were they thinking" moment for me. I will say that Warhol's Showbiz is a fun little track with a really cool sounding little solo in the bridge. I'm listening to them now back to back to see if my opinion changes lol.