Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I bought The Taken King edition on Black Friday, guess I should get around to starting this soon rather than later.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Fucking, FINALLYYYY.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The farming in this game. Holy fuck. 50 of this. 5 of this. Camp an area, kill taken, and farm the drops. Don't know how people do this...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah I started to get a bit burned out when I was trudging through the Taken Champions missions. Didn't take down the champion in time? Oh well, keep screwing around on patrol again until he comes back around...repeat. It got old on me real quick. I put the game away for a good 5 months and hadn't gone back. Crucible is pretty fun though.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Rise of iron hype

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    Rise of iron hype
    Like a big crowd of people all chanting "DES! TA! NEE! DES! TA! NEE!!"

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    Rise of iron hype
    The hype is real! I haven't touched Destiny in almost 2 months with work and other games getting in the way. Freaking Raid and Crucible hype all around for me!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I hit 331. Probably Best I'll get till Rise of Iron. I need the Taken cloak for my Hunter then I got a full set of Taken gear, finally. I still need Lord of Wolves. I got high light version of Dreg's Promise and Queenbreaker's Bow from Prison of Elders not too long ago.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 08-20-2016 at 01:50 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm around 305 light. Debating on whether or not to raid since the expansion is so close. If I want to increase my light, it seems like I'll have to. The lack of matchmaking is a real bummer. But that seems like the only way to really get stronger. Is there anything else I could do?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I'm around 305 light. Debating on whether or not to raid since the expansion is so close. If I want to increase my light, it seems like I'll have to. The lack of matchmaking is a real bummer. But that seems like the only way to really get stronger. Is there anything else I could do?
    Don't Raid. Do Prison of Elders and Iron Banner. You'll get better shit, quicker. I guarantee it.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

certain activities are great ways to farm your loot and the raid is a great way to get bulk items, especially if you can handle it with multiple characters and then distribute your infusions across them as you see fit. loot currently tries to drop up to 5 levels higher than your current light level, so there are a few ways to make this happen. Prison of elders is a great farm for this. keep an eye on faction packages, although they cap at 330.

Iron banner is THE best way, but it's fixed on four loot slots per event.

Court of Oryx has guaranteed drops for high light artifacts that is a great grind, it must be you who activates it to get the roll.

when Roi drops it will probably catch people up to 335 before having them grind to 400

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Don't Raid. Do Prison of Elders and Iron Banner. You'll get better shit, quicker. I guarantee it.
    Been doing iron banner a bunch. Prison still gives stuff out that's my level though? I'm 304 and it's 260. The higher gear just seems to show up so slow. Haven't gotten much from iron banner apart the usual lower gear and medallions (occasional coins as well).

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Been doing iron banner a bunch. Prison still gives stuff out that's my level though? I'm 304 and it's 260. The higher gear just seems to show up so slow. Haven't gotten much from iron banner apart the usual lower gear and medallions (occasional coins as well).
    Do the challenge of the week. Hop on destinylfg and find two people. No mics needed really. Play the POE 3 times to get the score requirement and you're guaranteed a high top from Variks.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Challenge of the week? You mean elders? If so, I'm not strong enough for that.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    If you're over 300 you will be.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    So I just started playing this game about three weeks ago and instantly got hooked. I ended up going out last friday and bought TTK and just recently hit level 40. This game is definitely a grindfest, but it's still enjoyable. I have one question for those that play often; do other players you team up with ever talk to you? I swear, I haven't played with a single person that talks during a raid and sometimes its needed since its clear that the group doesn't have direction on what to do.

I need to sit down and figure out all the stuff thats available to me now that I'm level 40. Anyone know of any good guides online for a Warlock?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    So I just started playing this game about three weeks ago and instantly got hooked. I ended up going out last friday and bought TTK and just recently hit level 40. This game is definitely a grindfest, but it's still enjoyable. I have one question for those that play often; do other players you team up with ever talk to you? I swear, I haven't played with a single person that talks during a raid and sometimes its needed since its clear that the group doesn't have direction on what to do.

I need to sit down and figure out all the stuff thats available to me now that I'm level 40. Anyone know of any good guides online for a Warlock?
    I'm gonna be honest, I have no fucking clue who you are playing with, when I matchmake for a Raid they NEED mics for you to even get invited 99% of the time.

Good guides as far as? Builds? Exotic choices?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Yeah, the challenge is where it's at. It's 42, so you should be okay at 305. I do it every week on 3 characters so I can help you no problem. The challenge is to score 90k points with modifiers in place for bonus points. Hitting 90k guarantees an armor piece, and hitting 30k in one run guarantees a weapon. If the rolls are good - keep em, if not just infuse them. Plus you can you use 3 of coins each round for exotics, and the 3 exotics from house of wolves, ghosts shells, and class items randomly drop too. It's all good.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I'll do some runs for sure. I'm on PS4: Fearlessflyer3

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post

It's hit or miss when people talk or not. You know you have a confident group when people are talking right off the bat. It also just makes you feel more comfortable. The Destiny community is one of the best though. If you ask for help, more than half of the time you'll get it. Walking through a new player to a raid is fun for me. It's hilarious watching newbies fuck up or fall to their death a bunch, but the right fireteam, you'll have a blast. I usually leave a fireteam when no one talks at all, but then, there are teams that don't talk for a good portion because they don't have to and they're that good. Someone will finally break the ice and say "Dam, no one has said a word for awhile now." For good builds for any class, just Google it and many sites will pop up giving you good pointers. I went and just messed with all different builds and changed my stats on my own and learned that way.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I did a prison run last night with a guy who had never done it, and he thought you had to get the 90k score in one run. He was yelling at me and the other guy saying why did you kill the 1st boss - we got a long way to go!! We were like dude, we're going for 45k (we finished with 42k), don't worry haha. We had a good laugh. Anyway Variks hooked me up with 3 exotic engrams, a 335 primary, and 335 arms. Definitely worth it @Piko . And I messed around with my gear, and they let me in at 307.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tried the 42 PoE last week. Didn't work out well. We finished, barely. Didn't really come away with much to brag about... But, it seems like the only way to really build my light. Really, really need a new ghost though. Been stuck with the same 293 ghost for who knows how long. Frustrating.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Roll with us, it's no problem. Those ghosts drop all the time, I must have gotten like 9 of em. It'll probably drop at 320 for ya, you can even get one of those in IB guaranteed.
    Even still the prison is the quickest way imo, just keep running it and distribute the infusion gear evenly across your characters. This week's challenge is easy with precision kills and super bonus. I'll be looking to run it a 3rd time tonight if you're around.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    if anyone wants to lend a hand to a rookie player, please hit me up! I could use all the help I can get

PSN# NotoriousTIMP

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    You can't play Rise of Iron any other way unless you get the Collection right?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    If you don't have the vanilla game, yes, you gotta get the collection. Just like how taken king had it's legendary edition.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    grinding exotic engrave for after the expansion.

ready to kick ass again.

Strikers are so OP in crucible now, there's nothing even close its so frustrating.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    You can't play Rise of Iron any other way unless you get the Collection right?
    If you don't have the vanilla game, yes, you gotta get the collection. Just like how taken king had it's legendary edition.
    I pre-ordered the expansion stand alone from Gamestop for 30.00. As of right now you can't get pre-order bonuses on Xbox One (I assume the same for PS4) without buying the entire collection at $59.99. The Rise of Iron stand alone DLC can't be found on the store.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 09-10-2016 at 02:38 PM.