Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Don't fret, bud. Some things take time...and I gotta say this game has been one of those things for me. But you gotta put it in consistently. Maybe be unemployed in a brand new location (lol). Or just find what you do best, and piss on the other team that way.

Any time before I'm thinking about rage quitting or when I'm feeling lazy/slow I'll typically bust out the LMG with a bipod from a guarded safe distance. Not the most original trick but it's funny shit.
    Last edited by Amaro; 05-20-2012 at 02:37 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    Don't fret, bud. Some things take time...and I gotta say this game has been one of those things for me. But you gotta put it in consistently. Maybe be unemployed in a brand new location (lol). Or just find what you do best, and piss on the other team that way.

Any time before I'm thinking about rage quitting or when I'm feeling lazy/slow I'll typically bust out the LMG with a bipod from a guarded safe distance. Not the most original trick but it's funny shit.
    When I owned the game I tended to have the Recon kit. My most used gun according to my stats was the RPK-74m so LMG works well in my favor hah.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    The game is on sale for $35 at Fry's Electronics this week, think I'm gonna grab it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    The game is on sale for $35 at Fry's Electronics this week, think I'm gonna grab it.
    Okay, bud. Add me if you end up getting it on PS3.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    When I owned the game I tended to have the Recon kit. My most used gun according to my stats was the RPK-74m so LMG works well in my favor hah.
    You gave up?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I tried (too), then I gave up...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Okay, bud. Add me if you end up getting it on PS3.
    Yeah PS3, I've never played before btw.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Yeah PS3, I've never played before btw.
    Well I'll help. And I can get you through some co-op challenges. I have a mic and I use it.

Add me @ Dubalubb.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Cool man, I'll let you know. I'm wethermen on there.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    You gave up?
    No, I needed money for another game, which I did get haha. I'll end up buying it again someday.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Holy fuck why didn't I buy this before?!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Holy fuck why didn't I buy this before?!
    What's striking you the most about it?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    The single player, it's so awesome! Modern Warfare was the best single player I had played until now, but this game shakes up that stale formula and makes it fresh. It's just badass. The multiplayer is frustrating, but I guess that's the Battlefield style (planes, tanks, etc). Is there not a regular deathmatch mode and I'm missing it? Anyway, until I get better at that, single player it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The SP for this is terribad!
    I've been sick the last couple weeks so I decided to beat it before I trade this in toward Max Payne.
    You ever played Bad Company 2 SP? Basically most the time in that you had a mission and a map and you could attack your objective any way you wanted, blowing up building ect.
    BF3 is more linear than MW. If you don't do exactly what it wants you to, you die. and die. and die. A perfect example is the first mission where it wants you to run up on to the walk way to defend against the attack. First I'm thinking that walk way is a terrible spot to be as my only cover are sheets of tin that fall away quickly so I'll move up to this wall, NO out of bounds! OK...... I'll hang back and pick people off with my Assault Rifle but noooo I HAVE to pick up the LMG even though I haven no intention of using it due to less accuracy. The game just keeps going until I pick it up. 4 or 5 times I grabbed the damn thing, went prone, started to deploy my bi-pod and before I could even start shooting, dead. First fcking mission I died at least ten times before I gave up.
    Not to mention the lame quick time events. HIT A, HIT B, RT, B. soo much fun.
    It even tells you where to aim! The sniper mission with the rocket launcher. You buddy says "when you see the lens glare nail him!" I couldn't see the glare because of the giant red diamond showing me exactly where to shoot. WTF are we doing on a bare roof anyway? snipers are shooting at me? I'll stay inside thanks.
    Seriously I'd recommend Bad Company 2 SP over this any day.
    /rant, I need to rest.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    The single player, it's so awesome! Modern Warfare was the best single player I had played until now, but this game shakes up that stale formula and makes it fresh. It's just badass. The multiplayer is frustrating, but I guess that's the Battlefield style (planes, tanks, etc). Is there not a regular deathmatch mode and I'm missing it? Anyway, until I get better at that, single player it is.
    Team Deathmatch is the only deathmatch option. Look for it in your server browser.

I think single player was compelling from a story and action (Dima side story) but the gameplay just didn't hit on all cylinders for it. Battlefield 3, to me, is always about epic large sized multiplayer with vehicles blowing everything to shit. That's what Battlefield is to me. You'll discover that as you play more and improve.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Lol There's PooPoo.

Naw, I actually have to agree with him...the campaign, overall, was quite crappy. Also, visual lag is present even on the campaign! What I mean are the bullshit moments you know you're behind cover after being shot at, yet you get hit after you'd think you'd be out of sight. It's just lousy. And the way they programmed the AI was dumb in general.

The only mission I remember really liking was the first one where you're Dima.

bruised - There's Team Deathmatch and Squad Deathmatch! Check 'em out. I'll help you out along the way in multiplayer. It can some time getting used to. I'll try to get on today at some point and add you and play. For now make sure you're comfortable with the sensitivity you have set and *focus* on how the characters move in the game. You have to be very defensive and rather quick with your shooting if you're not running a route of attack. If you're doing a lot of running, or you wish to, ya gotta understand spawn points/map layout, map hiding points...list goes on.
    Last edited by Amaro; 05-22-2012 at 11:48 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    Team Deathmatch is the only deathmatch option. Look for it in your server browser.

I think single player was compelling from a story and action (Dima side story) but the gameplay just didn't hit on all cylinders for it. Battlefield 3, to me, is always about epic large sized multiplayer with vehicles blowing everything to shit. That's what Battlefield is to me. You'll discover that as you play more and improve.
    This is what I'm finding. The only Battlefield i have played is like 5 mins of 1942 on a pc years ago. I'm really liking squad deathmatch, and cq or whatever. Still pretty awesome!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Single Player in this game is okay but a lot of the achievements were glitchy and I should've unlocked the Like A Butterfly one but it never unlocked for some god forsaken reason. I even did it again and did the requirements to a nine yet still nothing.

Multiplayer was fun and amusing but I wasn't that good as it's raved about, died a lot from behind (like 90% of games I play online these days) and from shit that shouldn't have.

I don't like BC2 but I'm contemplated to pick it up these days since it's so freaking cheap.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 05-22-2012 at 07:50 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Here's a thought: just GET INTO BC2. lol

I of course can't right now as I'm tied to BF3 mode (I've tried to switch back for fun)...worlds different...but BC2 efforts pay off easier than BF3. BF3 has so many variables, if you will. And much more bullshit. lol Still, I give it credit. It has merit. And it's more instantly gratifying. LIKE Call of Dookie but with better gameplay/performance...attention to detail...and still Battlefield-realistic.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Here's a thought: just GET INTO BC2. lol

I of course can't right now as I'm tied to BF3 mode (I've tried to switch back for fun)...worlds different...but BC2 efforts pay off easier than BF3. BF3 has so many variables, if you will. And much more bullshit. lol Still, I give it credit. It has merit. And it's more instantly gratifying. LIKE Call of Dookie but with better gameplay/performance...attention to detail...and still Battlefield-realistic.
    Well I hated Bad Company 2's single player (made it about 3/4ths through) and I played multiplayer a handful of times but it didn't wow me but for a cheap price, can't beat it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I got Bad Company 2 tonight.

Best Buy Deal of the Day made it $4.99!

What a deal/steal!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    BC2 still has some serious lovely Multiplayer fun. I still like going back to that one.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I got Bad Company 2 tonight.

Best Buy Deal of the Day made it $4.99!

What a deal/steal!
    Okay...now...play the motherfucker. lol

You may as well tell people Best Buy let you steal it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    BC2 still has some serious lovely Multiplayer fun. I still like going back to that one.
    I need to finish the campaign but multiplayer is mostly what I'm looking forward too. Especially Vietnam, I plan to get that as soon as I can.

Okay...now...play the motherfucker. lol

You may as well tell people Best Buy let you steal it.
    I want to but I can't since I'm out of state and there's no Xbox for me to play on.

I will however try to make this my summer's multiplayer game, besides Gears of War 3. I'm sure I'll have no problem. What do/did you think of the Vietnam DLC if you got it? It looks outrageously fun to me.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 05-25-2012 at 09:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Single Player in this game is okay but a lot of the achievements were glitchy and I should've unlocked the Like A Butterfly one but it never unlocked for some god forsaken reason. I even did it again and did the requirements to a nine yet still nothing.
    I was trying to get it for a bit, then I realized its not only shooting it down first time, but you can't die either.

Complete Warrior (get a kill with a Jet, Tank and Assault Rifle in one life) from the B2K expansion will not unlock for me which is really annoying cause of how hard it is to get in the first place.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    This

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Just bought Battlefield 3 off Amazon. Schwiiiiing.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The AEK is my gun (Kobra+foregrip+flash suppressor). Replaced the F2000 post-patch. Surpassed the F2000 as my lead gun in kills. It just rips people up...

But I still haven't worked with every gun enough.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Meh. Only 'Season Pass" I ever bothered to buy was for Gears of War 3. I'll pass on this "Premium Status."