Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: The Playstation Thread

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    I have a week off from work so I finally picked up my PS4 for the first time since early Sept. Finally getting around to starting Horizon. About 40 mins in and I love it so far. Downloaded Final Fantasy IX today, a game I actually have never played. Wanted an old school rpg to play. So I'm just going to bounce between those two games to help keep me distracted from the election news cycle.
    Final Fantasy 9 has aged better for me than I would have expected. I actually hated it when it came out, and up until pretty recently I considered it to be a stumbling point for the series.

Just don't even try to go after the trophies in that game if you're into that sort of thing. Occasionally a game's trophy list actually screws up the game if you try to go for it. They should never have a trophy in an RPG that requires you to speed run the game... My little bit of OCD gets irritated at stuff like that.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I really can't wait to get into FFIX. I've played a handful of FF games (nothing past 12) and have never beaten them. Heck, I don't even think I got halfway through some of them. But always enjoyed them. I plan to beat this one.

I also downloaded Lock's Quest. This is interesting because it's a DS port on the PS4. Looks like a fun strategy/tower defense type of game.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks to some good luck i might be able to actually get a PS5 now...i wonder if i'll be able to find one at the end of the month lol

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

In other news, prepare to get your mind blown.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post

my friends and I knew this trick back in the day. It was an accidental discover. One of my friends deleted a file on accident and then just manically began mashing the shoulder buttons out of anger and it popped back up. We thought it was a glitch until we realized you can do it every time. We thought this was common...but this was in the pre-internet days so I guess not!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I love his videos lol. This trick was shown in a very old issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly way back in the yesteryears. Glad someone posted it.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post

...and i just found a new channel to binge! THANKS!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    I really can't wait to get into FFIX. I've played a handful of FF games (nothing past 12) and have never beaten them. Heck, I don't even think I got halfway through some of them. But always enjoyed them. I plan to beat this one.

I also downloaded Lock's Quest. This is interesting because it's a DS port on the PS4. Looks like a fun strategy/tower defense type of game.
    FF9 is actually my second favorite of the series, right behind FF3 (North America release) for #1 spot.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Make sure y'all are checking those monitors!

Also:

For those interested in maybe getting P.T. on PS5... Stay tuned.

Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 11-05-2020 at 06:30 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Why does FROM dislike the Blood so much

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I am DYING to know how the duelsense feels and performs in my own hands.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I'm not deaf but it makes me well up thinking about this and what it means for those who are.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Walmart will have stock on their website at 12, 3, 6 and 9 pm on Thursday. Only retailer I've found so far that has announced when they'll be available. I'm hoping Best Buy does something similar. I'd much rather go to that store than the garbage Walmart near my house.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 11-10-2020 at 06:53 AM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Amazon order is showing it will arrive on Thursday! Hope all goes well and nothing changes... Weekend is all free.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Amazon order is showing it will arrive on Thursday! Hope all goes well and nothing changes... Weekend is all free.
    Thought you weren't going to bother?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Thought you weren't going to bother?
    I said something a few pages back about the email I got from Amazon at the time for my pre-order, just didn't say I had it I believe, can't rememeber lol. I figured I'd save my pre-order incase I changed my mind at the last minute. If I didn't want it, I would have just sold it retail to someone.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I am DYING to know how the duelsense feels and performs in my own hands.
    Since it seems I can't get a PS5 for a reasonable price, I think I might actually just buy a Dualsense and sync it to my other stuff for a bit.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Since it seems I can't get a PS5 for a reasonable price, I think I might actually just buy a Dualsense and sync it to my other stuff for a bit.
    True story. I was going to do that and just buy some accessories until I caved for the console, but you have no idea how much I juggled deciding to get it or not. I said "Fuck it" and let Amazon take my monies.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Stayed up late last night to try and get lucky...I was not lucky and now feel like garbage. Hopefully I can snag one from Wal-Mart today.

Edit: Got incredibly lucky and managed to get one from Best Buy. Can't pick it up until Tuesday though.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 11-12-2020 at 09:38 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'll just wait till a decent bundle drops, a redesign (I think one might be quicker than usual) or at least 25% off before I buy one. Let the first voyage batch dry up before they fine tune production and stuff.

Besides, aside Demon's Souls there's NOTHING I want PS5 or Xbox Series X for yet.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I think I might be the only person on the planet now that got my order in during the original September pre-order that still doesn't have their unit.
    Urgh. I hate wal-mart so much.

Everyone on my YouTube and Instagram are flaunting their PS5's and it's so annoying.

If a company can't guarantee your pre-ordered item to be DELIVERED on release date or at least 1 day after, then pre-orders shouldn't be a thing.
    This is why I hate online shopping. I don't get why millennials and zoomers love online shopping so much, they are the "now, now now. Gimme, Gimme, Gimme" generation and they are OK with ordering something and waiting 6 weeks to get it delivered when you can just walk into a store and buy it? Call me old fashioned, but I like to wake up and go down to a store on a release date and buy a physical item and BRING IT HOME the same fuckin day.

Sorry. I'm salty. Needed to vent. If I vent on reddit, I'm gonna get a new asshole torn. Least you guys are cool and OK to the complaining, haha.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I think I might be the only person on the planet now that got my order in during the original September pre-order that still doesn't have their unit.
    Urgh. I hate wal-mart so much.

Everyone on my YouTube and Instagram are flaunting their PS5's and it's so annoying.

If a company can't guarantee your pre-ordered item to be DELIVERED on release date or at least 1 day after, then pre-orders shouldn't be a thing.
    This is why I hate online shopping. I don't get why millennials and zoomers love online shopping so much, they are the "now, now now. Gimme, Gimme, Gimme" generation and they are OK with ordering something and waiting 6 weeks to get it delivered when you can just walk into a store and buy it? Call me old fashioned, but I like to wake up and go down to a store on a release date and buy a physical item and BRING IT HOME the same fuckin day.

Sorry. I'm salty. Needed to vent. If I vent on reddit, I'm gonna get a new asshole torn. Least you guys are cool and OK to the complaining, haha.
    It sure is frustrating man, I miss those old days so much. I forgot to transfer some money and Amazon attempted to charge me and it declined, so I had to talk to someone to make sure they charged me before the weekend... Getting it on Monday now.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Hope you guys are successful soon. Demon's Souls is pretty amazing, and I will say the controller hype is real. Also the audio overall is really impressive.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    it's crazy that you all even managed to get one. I've been trying. The prices people are asking for on eBay are absurd, and I'm sure all that will settle down after Christmas or whatever. I can wait. Apparently Walmart is scheduled to release another batch at some point, so maybe I'll luck out there.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Demon's souls is the next gen game. I have a bunch of games across both consoles, and demons souls is the only game that has jaw dropping graphics.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Got demon souls and its amazing. Magic is still OP lol

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    it's crazy that you all even managed to get one. I've been trying. The prices people are asking for on eBay are absurd, and I'm sure all that will settle down after Christmas or whatever. I can wait. Apparently Walmart is scheduled to release another batch at some point, so maybe I'll luck out there.
    Not sure if you have a Twitter, but Wario64 shares links for sales every day, along with consoles from various outlets minutes after they're announced. One of your best bets for updates.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    Got demon souls and its amazing. Magic is still OP lol
    Man I never spec for magic in these games. Care to give an explainer?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Demons Souls was definitely more difficult w/ close ranged melee focus, but really, it's a pretty challenging game once you get further along into it (unless they changed something dramatically). I'm sure they fixed the duping trick... without that, the platinum is pretty much impossible to get because of the weapon stone upgrades, so I'd be curious to see if they adjusted the crystal gecko drop rates.

For starters, each area gets harder when you die in it, and that changes the "world tendency," and it really doesn't explain this to you. Once you start intentionally manipulating the world tendency, you start putting yourself in really challenging scenarios no matter how OP your character is.

Ugh, I really wish I had a PS5 and this game...