Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad. (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Was he talking about Walt's confessional tape or the confessional tape he did with Hank and Gomie?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    That was intense, I dont really know what to say.
    In one hand Walt was doing the right thing with trying to keep Hank alive and letting Skylar off the hook/ giving Holly back.
    But in the other how he treated Jesse at the same time. I dont know I see the "Scarface" happening. This was just a great episode.

I can see maybe the final ending scene could be Walt finding Jesse after he goes after Todd and company. That's just my thought. It would be an amazing finish.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    Was he talking about Walt's confessional tape or the confessional tape he did with Hank and Gomie?
    Oh shit. I thought he meant Walts fake confessional tape, but you're right, he probably meant his own tape.

Annnnddd the Emmy goes to.....!!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    If i hear one more reference to malcom in the middle or scarface as an ending scenario im going to breaking some fucking bad myself.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Maybe Walt has that M60 to kill all of the people making those references.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    My theory is he's getting on fine in his new life, living out his last few months alive as a free man, and then somehow discovers that Jesse is still alive and being held captive. He loses his shit, gets the M60, and heads back to ABQ and kills them all to save Jesse. Jesse and Walt have a good cry and a heart-to-heart, then Jesse kills Walt unexpectedly. Police arrive and possibly kill Jesse, or he dies from a previous injury. End scene/show/Hamlet.

Bonus tears if Walt and Jesse are both fatally wounded and bleed to death together.

*edit* also, I feel like it's worth mentioning that even though it's been 4 years since we saw Jane, in the show it's only been like 8-10 months since she died, so that's probably still been resting very heavily on Jesses conscience.
    Last edited by ibanez33; 09-16-2013 at 01:54 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Kinda happy and surprised Walt mentioned Jane. That's the ultimate "fuck you" that Walt can say to Jesse.
    That was the most brutal scene of the whole episode.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I can't say anything that hasn't been said already. What a fucking episode. That might have been the best 45 minutes of television I've ever seen. I feel like I say that far too often with this show.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    That was the most brutal scene of the whole episode.
    That scene was the most brutal of the whole series. He sends Jesse off to be tortured and killed by Nazis and THOSE are his last words to him? Jesus fucking Christ.

On a related note, I'm thoroughly convinced that Breaking Bad is the most epic super hero origin story every told and that after a kick-ass montage Walt is revealed to be Captain America and Jack gets some skin disease from a botched swastika tattoo and becomes the Red Skull.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great episode. Who else got the impression that Walt was putting on a show for the cops listening in when he called Skyler, to remove her from culpability (painting her as someone who was always opposed to Walt's operation and operating under duress)?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roth View Post
    Great episode. Who else got the impression that Walt was putting on a show for the cops listening in when he called Skyler, to remove her from culpability (painting her as someone who was always opposed to Walt's operation and operating under duress)?
    My thoughts too. I think the moment his son called the cops he immediately knew what he had to do and snatched the kid. It sunk in even more when his daughter kept saying "mama" to him.

I'm kind of hoping Jesse cooks up some shit to blow up in Todd's face to escape that place. Perhaps a good "Science, bitch!" would be a bit too much to ask for.

This episode really made me hate Todd in a way I didn't before.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I am having a lot of difficulty finding the words for this episode other than "Wow".

Wow. WOW.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Originally, I just figured that Walt just snapped after feeling betrayed by Skyler. But when people started mentioning the idea that it was to get her off the hook, it made sense quick. It's that kind of show.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    i wanna know....who's driving the van?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Doubt we'll find that out. Think that was more about symbolism rather than who makes people disappear.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by artdeco View Post
    This episode really made me hate Todd in a way I didn't before.
    "Hey, Uncle Jack, maybe we should find out what he told them first."

"OH, FUCK YOU, TODD."

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Walt's khaki pants from the pilot episode have had a long and crazy adventure of their own apparently. Surviving out there in the wild desert for a whole year until finally coming across their previous owner as he rolled a big barrel of money by and didn't even notice them lying there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This episode was draining, i could not take any more by the end, it was too much! Its just gets darker and darker and worse for everyone. Its very tragic and scary.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I saw those pants and I didn't even make the connection. Damn it.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    You know we reAlly could use one more chemistry lesson style escape and itd be great from jesse

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    That shot of Walt shaking hands with the Swastika tattoo was a nice touch.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Wow, yet another amazing episode. Devastating and uncompromising. Unlike some of my other favorite shows that ended in a whimper, I'm confident this show will end in a satisfying, if horrific, way.

Edit: Also, Todd and his volunteering to "question" Jesse was just grim. Glad they didn't drag out the interrogation (not because I'm squeamish; it's just sometimes more dramatic to leave the violence off-screen). Also, that photo of Jesse's ex and her child, as a reminder, in the lab...Damn.

Also, never thought about the Walt purposely saving his wife from prosecution by by eviscerating her. I was just so caught up in all that went down, this episode, I'm still processing all that occurred. Finally, Walt, Jr.'s scenes, especially when he was compelled to call the cops on his dad, were emotionally brutal. Of all this, I hurt for him the most; so sad to to see his world crash-down in a single episode. Throughout this series, Walt Jr. consistently showed how much he loved his father. To see him have to deal with the fact that his beloved father was a monster who was responsible for his uncle's death and later seeing his father grappling with his mother, with a kitchen knife...Again, damn.
    Last edited by Ruined; 09-16-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That was a lot to take in.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    If anybody needs a little cheering up, this is hilarious: http://www.collegehumor.com/article/...e-of-walter-jr

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    As a father to a young girl, this episode was particularly heart-wrenching.
    Also, Walt Jr defending Skyler, just wow... and to think he was calling her a bitch a few seasons ago.
    I just am floored by this episode. It went by in minutes and I just cannot take it all in yet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I saw those pants and I didn't even make the connection. Damn it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This is what television should always be about. I still get so emotionally drained when I even think about the show.. The look on Walt's face when Jr calls the police and he notices that the people he was trying to protect after his death were cowering in fear of him. He just looked broken. After everything, I still sympathise and see who Walter White really is..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    i'm guessing Walt is actually in the clear, as Todd must have picked up the tapes from Hank's (and Marie wasn't even there while they were filming). how else would he have known about Brock? and based on Jesse's messed up face it must have been days since the day most of the episode was taking place in.
    Last edited by konstantin; 09-16-2013 at 06:56 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by konstantin View Post
    how else would he have known about Brock?
    You're forgetting about the scene where Walt went to Andrea's house and when he left he called two neo-nazi's who were waiting outside to signal them that the bait for Jesse was set. After Walt left they and they waited there and found out the bait wasn't working they probably snapped the picture and knew that they were who Walt was using to bait Jesse.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ok, forgot about that, but it's not like Walt explained to the neo-nazis why he thought that would work so that they'd figure out it's a real major trigger for Jessie. and my other point about that scene with Jessie in the cell space telling [us] that he's already told them everything and it's obviously happening later than Walt's extreme family drama day.