Page 67 of 77 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,010 of 2288

Thread: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    North American dates announced, including a stop here at a relatively small venue in Feb. For shits and giggles, I went to Ticketmaster to see ticket prices.

$82.00.

LULZ.
    Soooooo, are you coming to the show or not?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Haha I don't think so homie...as Maul said, it'd be steep if by some miracle he was in top form. He ain't. The sensible me overrules the OMGZ IT'S MANSONZ me.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    If they ever come up to Seattle I *might* be willing to go pending a price on tickets. Do we know if this is another round with Zombie?
    Well TIMP, there is your seattle date:

Seattle, WA
    Showbox SoDo Feb 13

Least you get a mosh pit at your venue, I love the Showbox!

I'm stuck in seats at the vancouver show at the Queen Eliz. theatre, bah! I fucking hate seated Manson shows!

looks like the Vancouver date is the only one in Canada that has seats too, bah! All those prairie citys like Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Edmonton and Calgary are gonna get their rock on in the pit.

The problem is, Vancouver doesn't have any decent mid sized "non seated" venues. Manson can't headline Pacific Coliseum as it's too big, he definatly can't fill Rogers arena, and teh Rickshaw is too goddamn small for him. Maybe Commodore Ballroom would be a compareable mid sized venue with no seats, but I think he's too big for commodore.

Also, the majority of the Canadian shows go on pre-sale this Thursday, Dec 14th. If anyone who are ACTUALLY attending these shows finds out the presale password can you let me know? Many thanks in advance.

And still no word from our friend @Hazekiah ? Are you brave enough to hit up a Canadian tour in the middle of winter man? We gonna see you on the road for this leg?
    Last edited by ManBurning; 12-11-2012 at 03:27 AM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I saw Manson live in January of 1997. Since he's coming to Portland to a small venue, and I'm bored as fuck, I'm considering going. Unless @NotoriousTIMP wants me to join him in Seattle for the show there (or come down to Portland for the show on the 13th). Let's do this.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbron View Post
    Unless @NotoriousTIMP wants me to join him in Seattle for the show there.
    So THAT'S how you mention someone on this site! Thanks!!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I just noticed that No Reflection is up for a Grammy. This makes Manson relevant again, so he can charge whatever he wants for concert tickets. He is back at the top!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    So I saw the Twins of Evil Tour on Sunday in Munich and good god was that bad! I mean, really bad...

I already suffered through a Manson set before in 2007, but wow, it got worse. Twiddling his arms like a retarded seal and spending the rest of the set crawling on all four is nowhere near a guns, god & government tour full of brute force, high pitched screaming and a Brian Warner who was on any shit that gets you to do insane stuff. But on Sunday I felt bad to even be an eye witness. The show itself was good, I liked the backdrops, those pyramids on each side and hell, even his costumes were great for the most part, but I'm sick and tired of hearing him butcher some of his best songs (e.g. coma white) and blarring out recent wishy washy tracks while leaving out the only few good ones from the past 3 albums. The band (especially Twiggy) was doing its job and they did a good one, but that is pretty much the least I can expect from a live concert I guess.

Zombie and his crew on the other hand stole the show in every aspect. Just straight forward balls out fun with a shit load of nerdy gimmicks, but hey, what a great night it was that made you totally forget that god awful weather outside! The band had fun, Zombie had stuff to say, went into the crowd near the end, showed us the trailer for the Lords of Salem and rocked some more. That alone was totally worth the steep ticket price.

BUT: I still came to the conclusion that I generally begun to dislike bigger shows. Compared to an intimate setting in a club or a small venue the big shows just don't do it for me anymore. I don't know what it is, but most of it seems half assed and only because the production is big some acts seem to think that they don't have much to do anymore in order to keep the crowd satisfied. And damn it, it works that way for most of the crowd that treats themselves to mostly expensive concert once a year, but everyone else who is trying to catch a lot of shows every year and finds himself in an unhealthy relationship with live music can't help but wonder about the enthusiastic reactions by people that maybe don't now or simply haven't seen any better. I went to see the Black Keys last week and had the same feelings and although Zombie put on a great exception to the rule the big shows don't seem to click with me anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love me a neat production and something larger than life, but for me the connection between the performing artist and the fan is not that present any more in recent shows I've seen.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

^^^
    TL,dr
    @johnbron - let's see how much tickets are at each venue and go to the cheaper show

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    haha, yeah, has been discussed to exhaustion already, I guess.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Anyone know the story around the glass table/ear stiches?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Alternate (s)AINT video.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    So, looks like Hazekiah will be hitting the road again? Better cut down on that Christmas shopping and start saving those pennies!
    Waaaay ahead of you! I never do much Christmas shopping (or even shopping at all, really) so that's no biggie but I'm DEFINITELY hurting for finances considering I've basically been on the road since last April, lol. Regardless, hitting the road again FOR SURE!

:)

And still no word from our friend @Hazekiah ? Are you brave enough to hit up a Canadian tour in the middle of winter man? We gonna see you on the road for this leg?
    Sorry, my 2 Month Greyhound Pass expired about a week after Thanksgiving and I had a bit of a delay on my way back so I JUST got home a couple days ago. I've got about a month and a week to get my shit together for another Manson jaunt and Greyhound's cancelled their unlimited-use passes so it's gonna be a LOT trickier this time around...but naturally I intend to attend every last show I can POSSIBLY make it to, believe me!

Definitely would've preferred my first Canadian Manson show to have been the Toronto Mayhem Fest date they cancelled back in '09 (I was GONNA go, damnit!) and those Canadian metal fest dates last August were just too expensive at the wrong time, but I'm gonna do my best to FINALLY see Manson outside of the U.S. by going to AT LEAST one of these Canadian dates and hopefully several! I've just got a lot of logistical/financial stuff to sort out before I know which. All in good time!

Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    ooh, the Cleveland show is pretty close to my birthday! I saw him with Zombie in October....and they basically played a greatest hits set. Should I expect more of the same in a smaller venue, or do you guys think he'll play more non-single tracks?
    The Twins of Evil shows were basically a slightly different and slightly shorter version of the Hey, Cruel World shows before them so I'd expect a slightly longer set with a few different and extra songs, yeah.

Earlier this year they did the quasi-spoken word version of "1996," "Little Horn," "Tourniquet," and "Irresponsible Hate Anthem," and they even finally played "The Reflecting God" at least once. So I figure we'll probably see those mixed into the set again here and there.

Plus we'll probably get some of the more recent stuff like "Pistol Whipped" back in the set again and maybe "Murderers Are Getting Prettier Every Day" a bit more regularly along with "The Flowers of Evil," which I had the EXTREME pleasure of hearing performed in full during their soundcheck in Manchester, MD on the Twins of Evil tour not too long ago but which still has yet to make its official debut, I believe.

So even if they just stick with the stuff this specific line-up's already played on the road there's still PLENTY of room for variety beyond the "greatest hits" material, which is probably a bit less of the focus this time around anyway since it will no longer be the 15th anniversary of the Dead to the World Tour shows and they won't have to make way for co-headliners or the Zombie crowd.

Really looking forward to these shows!

\m/

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    So I saw the Twins of Evil Tour on Sunday in Munich and good god was that bad! I mean, really bad...

I already suffered through a Manson set before in 2007, but wow, it got worse. Twiddling his arms like a retarded seal and spending the rest of the set crawling on all four is nowhere near a guns, god & government tour full of brute force, high pitched screaming and a Brian Warner who was on any shit that gets you to do insane stuff.
    Quoted for truth. Man, the GG&G live videos on YouTube straight wreck shit. Quite possibly a contender for the biggest landslide in live quality. Watched a live video from a show last week or so, you're right...the stage set-up is pretty great. There's no saving blimpo though...he's done. Held out hope for the longest time but it's too late now.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted for truth. Man, the GG&G live videos on YouTube straight wreck shit. Quite possibly a contender for the biggest landslide in live quality. Watched a live video from a show last week or so, you're right...the stage set-up is pretty great. There's no saving blimpo though...he's done. Held out hope for the longest time but it's too late now.
    Your page after page of endless whining is immeasurably more annoying than Manson's live shows. I think we all get it. You're not a fan anymore. Shut the fuck up already.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I would probably go see him if a few spanish club dates were added.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Your page after page of endless whining is immeasurably more annoying than Manson's live shows. I think we all get it. You're not a fan anymore. Shut the fuck up already.
    Uhhh....no?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I said that to him about a month ago. Nothings changed huh. Wonder why he keeps clicking on the thread when he's obviously not interested in Manson anymore.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by voidnz View Post
    I said that to him about a month ago. Nothings changed huh. Wonder why he keeps clicking on the thread when he's obviously not interested in Manson anymore.
    I really don't know why he keeps coming here, it's a constant thing - he's a major douchebag.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

He has his opinions about the band. He can post all he wants about it. But I didn't take his last post as bitching, he was merely comparing eras.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    don't worry, he's equally annoying in every thread

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Alright, Got my tickets today for the Vancouver show via the presale.

Like I said, the venue is a seated venue, and I can't stand the fact seeing Manson in a seated environment where you can't freely move and rock the fuck out, but with that said, got row 9 centre so... could have been worse.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Alright, Got my tickets today for the Vancouver show via the presale.

Like I said, the venue is a seated venue, and I can't stand the fact seeing Manson in a seated environment where you can't freely move and rock the fuck out, but with that said, got row 9 centre so... could have been worse.
    I've been to seated shows there, and for the heavier stuff they always have an open area in front of the stage that they can squeeze about 100-150 ppl in to as GA. I assume that's what'll happen here perhaps? You should've waited for the general sale today at 10am, presale tickets are almost never the best seats...they're just to ensure you get in, in case of a sold out show. If you try to get general admission tickets right off the bat today I bet you could get right up front, or at least closer if that's what you're gunning for.

edit: Yeah, on a whim just tried right at 10am, there were center orchestra, row 2 seats available.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 12-14-2012 at 12:03 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

edit: Yeah, on a whim just tried right at 10am, there were center orchestra, row 2 seats available.
    Really? Ah for fucks sakes... I woke up like a fool this morning to try and upgrade my tickets as well, but I didn't choose "best available" I went straight for "General Admission Floor - pit / no chairs". There is apparently an option like that, I was shocked. So I decided to try and score these so called "GA" tickets this morning, but there was no luck. I went back to search best available and it was row 12. Maybe if I hit best available right off the bat I would have seen the row 2 as well.

I had a feeling that pre-sales are a scam. Sometimes they work in your favor, but moreso for non seated venues. Like if you're trying to get an arena pit ticket, the pre-sales work out great. I think you're right about them holding out the best seats for the general sale.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Man, I've been burned by presales numerous times, man. They still want the scramble of people trying to get closest when they open up general sales though. If it's not a VIP pkg or something like that, presale seats are RARELY the best...they just guarantee you entry basically if you won't be able to try when they go on sale, or you think it's gonna sell out like a maniac (i.e. APC when I saw them in Seattle 2010 for their tiny club tour, etc.)

Shows like this always wait for the general sale. Like I said, if you check a map of the seats, the first little section of seats, I think TM has it listed as 'Row A, Row B', etc. I've been to shows there where that was just standing room. Sure only like enough for 8 rows of ppl since it's small, but those ppl could stand, if you were in Row 1, 2, etc. which is just behind...you have to stay put.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Yeah, I saw there was A-E for rows. So, technically row 9 isn't even row 9, it's row 14. So they kind of trick you that way. They make it seem like you got good seats until you realize there are 5 rows of letters ahead of you. Bastards.

I'd say I should just make the trip down the Seattle and geta REAL concert experience at the showbox (That's where APC played If I remember correctly).
    That's an awesome venue for a show. However, this guy isn't worth leaving the country for. Every single one of my friends has downright refused to go to this one, except my girlfriend. She has never seen him before. So, we're mainly going so she can see him live, even though he's past his prime and she knows that, she just wants to go for the novelty of seeing a Manson show.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah that's where APC was, and I'd imagine that any mid-large sized band would be great to see there, sure. And you're absolutely right about the Orpheum. For one of the shows I was at, it was absurd. Get this. I was Row 1, so as you now know...that's technically like, the 8th row. But again, the first rows were all standing. So it was literally a group of people standing in that GA section in front of the stage (again maybe like...8 rows of ppl, about 150 ppl-ish). So I was like 'fuck this' and I just stood up. Didn't move, just stood right in front of my chair. Security walks over and says I have to sit since I was in the first 'seated row'.

I could literally reach out and touch the shoulder of the guy in the last 'row' of the GA pit so I said 'you're kidding me.' Security tells me to sit. I waited until the show started and literally just stood back up, stepped 2 paces and went in to the crowd. It was that ridiculous. It's a theater set up as you know, so as you walk back up the aisles towards the back, it is a ramp-styled floor so the person behind you is a bit higher; it's not a flat arena styled floor. So even though you're a bit further back you'll still be able to see everything perfectly.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I've just been told that Manson got into a fight in a Swiss pub and his ear has been chopped off

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    24 stitches to reattach it...dang.

Doesn't look that crazy though...and not close to being a risk of detaching, but still. Wonder what the cause of the fight was.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    24 stitches? Looks like 3 steri-strips to me

ah Manson! lol

ps his ear is dutty

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah it doesn't look that crazy an injury, though I'm sure that if where it's bandaged up was literally loose it probably could get yanked clean off...I'd imagine that shit bled like a motherfucker too.