Thread: Autechre

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I'm thinking of getting the 8 CD set for $50 since it includes the 24 bit WAV while the 24 bit WAV digital collection on its own is $40. Might as well spend the extra $10 for this amazing set.
    Yyyyep. Haven't bought a physical copy of an Autechre release for a while but I'm on board for this!

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Yyyyep. Haven't bought a physical copy of an Autechre release for a while but I'm on board for this!
    First project to get a physical release since L-event (October 2013). This should look neat on the shelf next to the EPs box set.

I'm enjoying how these NTS sessions seem to hit on all eras of their sound, while still be something new entirely.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    It's tempting, but I have to remember when I got caught up in the excitement of Trent putting out all those remastered albums, an ep, and the Fragile extras all at once. I spent $300 on vinyl, and then realized: I have no record player. What am I going to do, hang on to these until they're worth more, then eBay them? Look at the liner notes? Go buy a record player? Fortunately when they all got delayed I took the option to get a refund. I love the art, and all that, but I just can't justify wasting resources of my own on anachronistic fetish items like super awesome CD/Vinyl box sets anymore. They're not going to get any use from me, and what I truly care about is the music.

I've been listening to the NTS sessions on repeat though, and gladly handed over the money for the downloads. I can't believe these fucking guys are putting out eight hour albums, and it's all awesome.