Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post

But saying you dont want a group experience here is basically saying you want to play a different game.
    not necessarily. I know everyone says it's supposed to be like an MMO, but if it was solely meant for groups and MMO style clan play, there'd be no real solo player content to speak of. I've played MMO's plenty before, and I know there's usually a shit ton of stuff that just can't be touched without at least a small group of people roaming together, but this is an FPS, and with the way they allow you to set the difficulty of story missions, it's built on a framework that is solid for solo players. where it deviates from that is the super difficult way you have to get updgrade materials. I've solo-ed nightfall stuff before, it's difficult, and frustrating, and you do get worthwhile stuff, but as a single player, it's also extremely time consuming. my point is just this: cater as much to the solo players as you do the team players without having a difficulty that's so hard it's almost at a Dark Souls level of frustration. I don't want them to just hand me the highest level stuff, just make it a bit more in the realm of possibility that I could earn it while solo.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    You can also solo a lot of crota, especially if you uave MIDA and gjallarhorn. The first two parts arent ever hard. You can just waltz through them. I also think some prison of elders are worth a solo. Gulrot, Kaliks, and the other hive one thats coming next week. With some planning, those all feel soloable., just a tip.
    Mif youre on PS4 Bruised and i could always help you out, too.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'm on 360, the money for new gen just isn't there unfortunately. but the offer is appreciated.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    You can also solo a lot of crota, especially if you uave MIDA and gjallarhorn. The first two parts arent ever hard. You can just waltz through them. I also think some prison of elders are worth a solo. Gulrot, Kaliks, and the other hive one thats coming next week. With some planning, those all feel soloable., just a tip.
    Mif youre on PS4 Bruised and i could always help you out, too.
    One does not simply solo the prison.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    It's a stretch but if youre commited to avoiding group play you can probably manage with a blade dancer. Especially this week.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I've had to solo the end bosses of the level 28 Prison multiple times when my randoms flaked out or whatever and left me alone. it's hard as shit but it can be done. I've managed it against the vex, the hive, and fallen bosses, not too keen on trying it with the cabal boss but to be fair, before they altered the way the difficulty scaled prior to Dark Below I was solo-ing nightfall strikes fairly regular, so I think I could do it if I was quick enough.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...sion-price-tag

Partially why I'm writing this game off.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Did the 32 POE, and it was that same boss from the 34 last week, the cabal guy. Fuck him, but we took him out though.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    Did the 32 POE, and it was that same boss from the 34 last week, the cabal guy. Fuck him, but we took him out though.
    On the bright side, the 34 this week is leagues easier, and you can reasonably max your weapons this week.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Word, let's get it! Unless you're stuck in arkam haha.
    @Wretchedest I saw this, found it interesting.
    Last edited by bruised; 07-03-2015 at 09:36 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    Word, let's get it! Unless you're stuck in arkam haha.
    @Wretchedest I saw this, found it interesting.
    The only way to win is not to play haha

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Dam, about time I got The Elder Cipher. Just have to beat a couple more bosses to unlock it. Has anyone received the new exotics yet? Which one should I go for?? I've read reviews, but would like to get some more insight on them.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Dam, about time I got The Elder Cipher. Just have to beat a couple more bosses to unlock it. Has anyone received the new exotics yet? Which one should I go for?? I've read reviews, but would like to get some more insight on them.
    Are you an absolute ace pvp sniper, who can sometimes no-scope and want to expand your options: the queenbreakers bow is for you. Con: useless in pve

Like shotguns? Wanna help your friends AND look like a badass? Lord of wolves is amazing in pve and usable in pvp. This is my favorite.

Are you just a weird guy who doesnt give a fuck? Dreg's promise.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Are you an absolute ace pvp sniper, who can sometimes no-scope and want to expand your options: the queenbreakers bow is for you. Con: useless in pve

Like shotguns? Wanna help your friends AND look like a badass? Lord of wolves is amazing in pve and usable in pvp. This is my favorite.

Are you just a weird guy who doesnt give a fuck? Dreg's promise.
    Hah! Couldn't have said it better myself. Initially, I was thinking of the queenbreakers bow because I witnessed someone using it in a VOG hard and it just seemed pretty dam cool. But I really love using shotguns so I may go for Lord of Wolves. I have enough hand cannons as I look at my inventory. I should be able to snag it by tonight!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I can vouch for LOW. That thing is so awesome, I love it. Plus it's always on fire, I mean come on!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    For some reason.. It's been impossible for me to aquire Swordbreaker and Light of the Abyss since day one. I really want Swordbreaker and Light I just want for my collection. Dam, I hate the rare drops for raid weapons!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I would like a SB as well, and a FB. I have been enjoying my 1st Iron Banner this week, made it to rank 3. I really have come around to enjoy the crucible, I never did until about 2 months ago. It all started with my invective bounty haha. Wish I would have gone in there sooner.

EDIT: Rank 5! Yes! And all items available from Lord Saladbar too! This was a lot of fucking fun!
    Last edited by bruised; 08-02-2015 at 09:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like Bungie is revamping the leveling system. No more light. You upgrade now through missions and bounties. I'm all for this.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiah View Post
    Looks like Bungie is revamping the leveling system. No more light. You upgrade now through missions and bounties. I'm all for this.
    Same but they implemented this too late.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiah View Post
    it's about damn time. now I can finally make armor decisions based on the abilities they boost and the way they look rather than how much light they give you. I can finally stop wearing the same armor as everybody else in the game. course, i'm not buying the next DLC or any other pieces of Destiny content anymore, been burned enough already, so hopefully when the new stuff drops then the leveling system will update the base game as well.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Taken King seems like a whole new game! I dont even know what to think. So much is so, so different. Theyre positioning this like a second chance at launching destiny, even tweaking the order of year 1 missions and retroactively replacing Dinklage. But even if Destiny had a perfect reputation, that just is not how people view DLC and expansions, and the majority ofbplayers who have passed on or didnt like Destiny will not be hopping on board this time, although I am sure some bored parties that left a while ago might see this as time to test the waters again.

Everything I see so far makes the "Year 1 are beta testers" line feel so real. Starting with, the game feels very full now. 3 raids, 12 strikes 15-20 crucible maps, 9 sub classes, and so, so many exotics is now actually a huge amount of content. But the telltale thing that says to .me that the game was, in fact, released in a less complete state than initially intended, is that they remixed those story missions. The 2 current DLC already feel like they actually take place in a specific part of the core story. It ses like those moments were cut to sell, more than ever.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Xur is selling Gjallarhorn this week, that's nice of them.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Taken King seems like a whole new game! I dont even know what to think. So much is so, so different. Theyre positioning this like a second chance at launching destiny, even tweaking the order of year 1 missions and retroactively replacing Dinklage. But even if Destiny had a perfect reputation, that just is not how people view DLC and expansions, and the majority ofbplayers who have passed on or didnt like Destiny will not be hopping on board this time, although I am sure some bored parties that left a while ago might see this as time to test the waters again.

Everything I see so far makes the "Year 1 are beta testers" line feel so real. Starting with, the game feels very full now. 3 raids, 12 strikes 15-20 crucible maps, 9 sub classes, and so, so many exotics is now actually a huge amount of content. But the telltale thing that says to .me that the game was, in fact, released in a less complete state than initially intended, is that they remixed those story missions. The 2 current DLC already feel like they actually take place in a specific part of the core story. It ses like those moments were cut to sell, more than ever.

I bought destiny( without season pass) on day 1 and hated it. Are you saying that now I might actually enjoy it if I download the new DLC since its been a revamp?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I bought destiny( without season pass) on day 1 and hated it. Are you saying that now I might actually enjoy it if I download the new DLC since its been a revamp?
    I'm not even being an asshole but I'm going to say no. It didn't change THAT much to where it's a "different game."

I also suggest waiting another year or two when they add in even more shit. This crap now will be included in next years update for fucking free since the latest and best model next year will be the usual $60.00. I bet every yearly update offers the base game and every major expansion on a new release annually. Mark my fucking words.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Depends on what you hated about it. But I'd say no too, it's the same game, but a lot is changing.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I love all the changes that are coming to the game. It doesn't change the game dramatically, but it gives you a lot more stuff to do and keep you busy. Everyone forgets this is a loot system based game that takes a lot of hours to get what you really want. And everyone bitching about things being free in the future so "don't buy what is out now" is a bit ridiculous. We all know what the game was supposed to be before it came out, and then having it feel unfinished after it came out... but if I want to play the game and I enjoy it, I am going to buy the DLC regardless. Play the game and see how you like it if you haven't played it in a long time, but I wouldn't encourage people to not play a game off of my own opinion when there are tons of new stuff to do.

The RNG is being fixed so you have the chance to get something you actually need, next to getting two of the same helmets or something to that effect. Light is not connected to your armor anymore which I am really excited about because I enjoyed the leveling system up to level 20 (Funny how it feels like it never happened that way), tons of new exotics to grab, new consumables, new buffs.. I just cannot wait to play a new raid which is the best part of this game by far. Let the haters hate.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Anyone check out the live stream for the new features?? Man, this really is going to be a lot more different than I expected!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I might rebuy the game and give it another go. Any clue if the legendary edition is limited or not (the one with the original game, and expansions packaged together)? I quit playing months ago. But, I heard they've made a lot of huge changes since.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Anyone check out the live stream for the new features?? Man, this really is going to be a lot more different than I expected!
    Hype! I cannot wait for this dude, makes the weapon nerf news not even matter anymore tbh. I just got done watching the Rift mode in crucible stream, crazy stuff. Saw the solar hammer titan and lightning warlocks in action, pretty sweet!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    They released the final skill tree for the nightstalker. A few things i really dont like... But now i kind of want a strength build... The smome bombs acts as a teleport? Damn.

Also did anyone see The Chapperone? Ffff