Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Lindemann / Till Lindemann (Solo)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    @dlb, I’m still kind of confused about this track.

The second half / “Weinen sollst du” - is that meant to be it’s own song? Or like an appendage to “Alle Tag…”?

To me it feels like one of those weird things Puscifer will release that has a (something edit) but you can’t quite work out how it fits in with everything else. What’s your interpretation of it?

Not much info here, either: https://rammwiki.net/wiki/Alle_Tage_...st_du_(single)

And this is interesting, re: “Alle Tag…”

Last edited by Erneuert; 05-30-2021 at 06:59 AM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post

Pause at 3:49… the 0 and h symbols look similar to the ones from Danzig 4p (which I have on my arm). Does that look accurate @dlb ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danzig_4

The album cover features artwork by Glenn Danzig. Glenn Danzig has referred to the symbols on the album cover as "Vehmic runes" that spell out "Danzig".[14] They were taken from the alphabet of a secret tribunal group from Medieval Germany called the Vehmgericht.

lol at the remixes:

Ich hasse Kinder (AlterBoyz Remix)
    Ich hasse Kinder (Ship Her Son Remix)
    Last edited by Erneuert; 05-31-2021 at 06:36 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    [Verse 1]
    I get on a plane
    It's getting cold, I hear it screaming
    I know my seat number
    Panic rides great grief
    I approach to the row of complaining
    The clamor gets louder and louder
    Here, the fear yields certainty
    A baby sits right next to me

[Pre-Chorus]
    Here, the question of all classes
    "Are you allowed and are you able to hate children?"

[Chorus]
    I hate children
    I hate children

[Verse 2]
    The cry-baby now jumps back and forth
    The mother browses a magazinе
    Speaks silently to the child whilе she reads
    And eats an apple meanwhile
    The dear Lord wants to punish me
    The nag doesn't want to sleep
    Doesn't stop screaming at all
    The father has long been sleeping like a log

[Pre-Chorus]
    "Are you allowed and are you obliged to hate children?"

[Chorus]
    I hate children
    I hate children
    No, I love them
    Yes, I love them
    The big and little ones
    But they need to be mine

[Bridge]
    But all of a sudden it becomes quiet
    It laughs at me, I'm ecstatic
    I reach out my hand to the baby
    And it starts to scream again

[Chorus]
    I hate children
    I hate children
    No, I love them
    Yes, I love them
    The big and little ones
    But they have to be mine

[Outro]
    I hate children
    I hate children
    "Are you allowed and are you obliged to beat children?"
    No, I love them
    Yes, I love them
    All children, the big and little ones
    But they should be mine
    Last edited by Erneuert; 06-01-2021 at 06:14 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I dig it

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I double dig it. Till’s double entendre poetry never ceases to amaze me.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I dig this track as well. Good stuff.

Listening to the song in German and watching the video and then reading the English translation are like night and day.
    I had no idea he was singing about a screaming baby on an airplane, lol.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    So now that he’s no longer with Peter, who actually composed the music for Ich Hasse Kinder? Are there writing credits anywhere?

Also, fan-made Lindemann song:

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    @dlb, I’m still kind of confused about this track.

The second half / “Weinen sollst du” - is that meant to be it’s own song? Or like an appendage to “Alle Tag…”?

To me it feels like one of those weird things Puscifer will release that has a (something edit) but you can’t quite work out how it fits in with everything else. What’s your interpretation of it?

Not much info here, either: https://rammwiki.net/wiki/Alle_Tage_...st_du_(single)

And this is interesting, re: “Alle Tag…”

I wouldn't put much thought into it. It seems like an appendage that just fits better with the Bazzazian edit. Why they released that edit without the "weinen sollst du" parts is unknown to me.

New single is rather bland and once again awfully written. What happened to his poetic chops?

The whole string of "Till Lindemann" releases is incredbily strange. Is he not allowed to use "Lindemann" anymore without Peter? And what's with the new obsessions with director Serghey Grey? The product placement from Barline? The sheer randmoness of all this sure is reminiscent of Puscifer. Sadly he kept the Rammstein tradition of having boring remixes attached to the releases rather than b-sides.

And I have no idea about the tattoo, can't seem to decipher it.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=Erneuert;535695]Pause at 3:49… the 0 and h symbols look similar to the ones from Danzig 4p (which I have on my arm).

The tattoo says "Bitte," German for Please (and French slang for Cock.)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    So now that he’s no longer with Peter, who actually composed the music for Ich Hasse Kinder? Are there writing credits anywhere?
    I guess the DOOM guys are doing his music for him then?

Not sure if this connection was made as well, but in the Rammstein “Paris” home video, the face Till pulls when the screaming sound occurs during “Wollt Ihr Das Bett…” is the same exact face he pulls here at the kids. That Rammstein song features samples from Doom in it. The rabbit hole is endless.

Last edited by Erneuert; 06-07-2021 at 01:06 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Not sure why but F&M is fucking my shit up this past week. I love the album so much. I wasn’t super into it when it came out because I preferred the Skills in Pills presentation but damn. I really came around. I’ll miss Tagtren.

Been cranking Allesfresser, Blut and Platz Eins a ton the past 2 days.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Not sure why but F&M is fucking my shit up this past week. I love the album so much. I wasn’t super into it when it came out because I preferred the Skills in Pills presentation but damn. I really came around. I’ll miss Tagtren.

Been cranking Allesfresser, Blut and Platz Eins a ton the past 2 days.
    Same here. There isn’t really a song on it I don’t like. I went from hating Gummi to loving it!

I guess Mathematik on the deluxe version is meh but that’s all.

So is he permanently going under the TILL Lindemann name now? The logo has Till added to it in the new video, kind of making it look like a lit cigarette.

Must be some legal stuff to do with the name between he and Peter? Who knows.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Same here. There isn’t really a song on it I don’t like. I went from hating Gummi to loving it!

I guess Mathematik on the deluxe version is meh but that’s all.

So is he permanently going under the TILL Lindemann name now? The logo has Till added to it in the new video, kind of making it look like a lit cigarette.

Must be some legal stuff to do with the name between he and Peter? Who knows.
    Couldn't tell you.

I got all 3 of the albums (Skills in Pills, F&M and Live In Moscow) in the special edition digibook versions. They're so nice. Wish the mail didn't damage my Moscow book by denting the edge.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I want to buy the Moscow box with the masks but I’m scared of shipping damage.

Then again, I have the LIFAD dildo box and that arrived immaculately.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Just checked out Ich hasse Kinder.

As a German native speaker, have to say, brilliant lyrics. Too bad so much gets lost through translation. He likes to provoke and I like him for that.
    Till's always been a genius when it comes to texting and the way he pronounces the words and rolls the "R" has contributed to Rammstein's unique style. Even though I've never been a die-hard fan and just follow along.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shade View Post
    Just checked out Ich hasse Kinder.

As a German native speaker, have to say, brilliant lyrics. Too bad so much gets lost through translation. He likes to provoke and I like him for that.
    Till's always been a genius when it comes to texting and the way he pronounces the words and rolls the "R" has contributed to Rammstein's unique style. Even though I've never been a die-hard fan and just follow along.
    Do more than just follow along and get into the deep cuts. You must.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I might try again..

It's a very... for lack of better words.. interesting visual show they put on and the entire concept together makes total sense. It's just the music alone never blew my mind. Rammstein has always been a "package" band to me - live, I'd go any day again. Lindemann I've never seen live.
    To connect this to your comment in the Type O Thread, Till sometimes shows up at very underground shows, at least pre Corona, in Berlin. He cares about music deeply. Guess if low key enough it's a way to go without the flashlights, selfie mob and lunatic "fans". I think he hates that part of the success as much as TR - or anyone for that matter that wants to keep a bit of sanity and privacy.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shade View Post
    I might try again..

It's a very... for lack of better words.. interesting visual show they put on and the entire concept together makes total sense. It's just the music alone never blew my mind. Rammstein has always been a "package" band to me - live, I'd go any day again. Lindemann I've never seen live.
    To connect this to your comment in the Type O Thread, Till sometimes shows up at very underground shows, at least pre Corona, in Berlin. He cares about music deeply. Guess if low key enough it's a way to go without the flashlights, selfie mob and lunatic "fans". I think he hates that part of the success as much as TR - or anyone for that matter that wants to keep a bit of sanity and privacy.
    In other words,

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Then again, I have the LIFAD dildo box and that arrived immaculately.
    Is there something you need to tell us?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Is there something you need to tell us?
    Yes: the lube is still sealed and the pink schlongs untainted. I didn’t want to devalue it, you see.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 06-10-2021 at 05:34 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    So a whole short movie coming from him and Serghey Grey (who also filmed Live in Moscow apparently) based on the latest video? Let's see!

I'm not too fond of the USSR/Soviet stuff that found it's way into the Lindemann aesthetic although some of it was present with several Rammstein outputs as well. But I do like the crisp images and camera angles. Well, Till isn't holding still, that's for sure. Whether I like it or not.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    So a whole short movie coming from him and Serghey Grey (who also filmed Live in Moscow apparently) based on the latest video? Let's see!

I'm not too fond of the USSR/Soviet stuff that found it's way into the Lindemann aesthetic although some of it was present with several Rammstein outputs as well. But I do like the crisp images and camera angles. Well, Till isn't holding still, that's for sure. Whether I like it or not.
    I imagine a lot of it has to do with being young in East Germany. Forgive my ignorance if I am wrong.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I imagine a lot of it has to do with being young in East Germany. Forgive my ignorance if I am wrong.
    Honestly, I'd rather he explored the East German legacy. As a post-USSR-country citizen, I'm getting really tired of Soviet nostalgia obsession, both in Russian film/media/culture as well as Western one.

re: teaser above
    The other actor in the teaser (cop) is a popular Russian actor/comedian/tv host.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    It does. He grew up in the former DDR and it was quite different from the western part of Germany. Even though we're talking unification over 30 years ago, things there did not change in a heartbeat. The "culture", people, cityscape is still very different from the West and I think only the generation that is, of today, like 15 years old is really starting to "align" .

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    In fact, most of what Rammstein have been accused of during all these years stems from the band members originating from the former GDR or DDR as we say in Germany and growing up in an oprresing state or regime. So far only the use of Leni Riefenstahl's footage from the Olympics in '36 and the video for Deutschland have a direct link to Nazi Germany. The latter being more of a history lesson of Western Europe and Germany in particular. Alot of people tend to forget that when discussing Rammstein, even the popular press in Germany seems to have difficulties in differentiating this as well. Apart from the rolling "R" pretty much nothing that Till and Rammstein are playing with is exclusive to Germany, the Third Reich or the GDR. Most of the tropes that Rammstein are using to provoke come from their heritage in Eastern Germany and the will to in fact just provoke for the sake of it, not the Third Reich. Most band members have taken part in the early punk movement after all. Some of therir antics remind me of what Manson did in the US with Holywood, Columbine and Bush. A little bit more tongue in cheek maybe.

Yet it's never been that obvious in it's aesthetic than it has been with Lindemann and his new singles. He has a strong bond to the GDR and Russia, just look at their fanbase there and the fact that all members of Rammstein are at least knowledgable with the Russian language. Personally, and I stated this many times over at the Rammstein thread, I liked it more when those things were handled with a little bit more decency or glazed with the label "industrial music" (think DAF, Ministry, Laibach, eg.). But that's my personal taste.

And as much as I am opposed to what Till is becoming or trying to do, the press is always near and I am eager to see what he's got up his sleeve. I have way too much respect for the guy eventhough I found his latest outings to be pretty silly and a little bit too corny. He's a versatile artist and I'm just hoping he's healthy and in good spirits. Something that I don't necessarily think is given anymore since I saw him live with Lindemann and with Rammstein in '19 as well as some of his more recent interviews and new tatoos as opposed to me seeing him and Rammstein in earlier years. I'm in fact horribly reminded of what has become of Manson or Johnny Depp when looking at Till these days. Yet I do have good connections in Berlin as well that tell me otherwise, luckily.
    Last edited by dlb; 06-22-2021 at 05:18 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    ^ I’m just putting the tattoos down to a mid-life crisis thing. And looking at Paul all these years and finally getting slightly envious.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Speaking of Russia, I’m still convinced this song is the shit of the shit. So much so that I had to make it my new avatar and quote the lyrics in my user title.
    @shade Have you seen how they perform this one live? I need that shit exploding in my face.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Little random fact as I was doing some research: So Till is still with Universal which explains how they can afford those shiny new video shoots. Good for him that they didn't drop the project when Peter left. On the other hand... Lindemann is a cash cow I suppose, so every label would be stupid to not keep him.