Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Evanescence

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Don't know what to think, bizarre all round

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowsminion View Post
    "Sam Smith" is a very disgruntled fan who liked to stir shit up on all the Ev message boards so now the only official message board is the Spark Art fan EvClub one. She has some really OUT THERE fans....hmmm no so different from NIN is that respectl. Troubled people will find a way to get themselves noticed and it's usually in a bad way. I remember one such posting that got lots of attention when someone decided they would post they were going to commit suicide and the place blew up with people trying to find out who it was and where they were. IIRC, I think one of the guitarist's wife was even involved in trying to talk the person out of it. Social media is a double edged razor and stars/musicians/etc get cut when fans take it to extreme.

I have no insider info on that whole sex abuse thing but it looked to me to be a case of "if I can't have her then NO one can." So Wind-up pulled the plug on the free message board and cut their losses. Now if you want to play, you join the fan club and it's all legal for them.
    Female singers tend to have the strangest/creepiest/dangerous stalker-types after them. I remember hearing about someone who sent Bjork these strange videos (and maybe a bomb?), ultimately sending her his suicide video if I remember the story right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry to revive this dead thread.... but is Amy Lee stuff going to be included here?

Trying to track down the audio of this if anyone can help. I'm now on Safari and can't figure out how to get audio from Youtube files anymore. Thanks if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Their new album Synthesis is out. Now I have a crush on their current drummer, Will Hunt. He looks like Kurt.
    Last edited by Boots; 11-14-2017 at 11:06 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    The new album The Bitter Truth is really good. I always hate every evanescence song I hear the first few listens but they always grow on me. Really really good rock record.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    So much of their stuff seems like filler but there are always a couple really strong tracks on each release.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Artifact/The Turn into Broken Pieces Shine is great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i believe chris vrenna also programmed one of the songs on this release

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiral94 View Post
    i believe chris vrenna also programmed one of the songs on this release
    "Far From Heaven" is what Discogs is telling me the name of the song is...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

I was surprised how much I liked this song when it came out a few months ago.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    ^^ first time hearing this song. i dig it.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I was pleasantly surprised by the new album. I'll admit to not being familiar with their post-Fallen work (though I dug Amy's guest appearance on the new Bring Me the Horizon release), but this album felt very fresh. My favorite moments were when they stepped out of their comfort zone (and yes, I know the lineup has changed many times) with some poppy or experimental moments. I haven't listened to Synthesis, but I'm sure it played a huge factor in this.

Also, Amy impressed me A LOT, both as a singer and a lyricist. She made me go "whoa" in quite a few songs. Even the obligatory "piano song" Far from Heaven was pretty good (thanks, Chris Vrenna). I just wish the guitarists had written more interesting riffs; granted, there are not many bland nu-metal chugs here, but they still exist, and they're holding them back, in my opinion. Still, a very entertaining album that actually shows evolution and promise. Hopefully, the current band members will stay for a while.