Thread: Vinyl Rereleases December 2016 (Broken, TDS, TF)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Today I picked up my special order of The Fragile: Definitive Edition through my local record store, which I also work at (1 week left there).

As expected (I guess), my store ran out of in-store copies shortly after it dropped. Around a week after that, the NIN store “Sold Out”. At that point, I looked at our distributor (WebAMI) website and saw there was "Quantity: 30" to special order, so I got right on that for myself (this past Monday). Then, the next day, the NIN store apparently showed more in stock... (hm) Today, I show up to work to claim my order, and I happen to see we have a brand new li’l promotional NIN display, with more copies of all the new NIN vinyl releases, including a (at least one) fresh copy of TF: DE! Meanwhile, as I type this, the NIN store is “Sold Out”, again.

Maybe this all is normal with such a release like this; I don’t keep up on what the fuck the projection of availability is on this thing, so I just bit the bullet. With all the unpredictable bullshit I’ve been glazing over in this thread (and the other NIN store related threads) for some months now with regard to shipping times and now handling care(!!), I guess I should be extra glad I bought locally, no riff-raff. Grand total of $38 and some change after my employee discount.

Anyways, here we have a glamorous video I made to remember the moment (starring probably my favorite coworker)...

Not scripted (and he thought I was taking pictures). The Fragile is most special to me, so I knew ahead of time I wanted to get a video of me finally getting it on vinyl! ^_^
    Last edited by Amaro; 12-05-2017 at 12:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We also use WebAMI at my store and their quantities always say "30".

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvp View Post
    We also use WebAMI at my store and their quantities always say "30".
    Except when they don’t? With other releases anyway, as you know. Perhaps you know more about it all, and with regard to this particular release. I’m but a worker bee. I assume even if the NIN store is sold out, and it actually means that, other stores and outlets have their share of copies. Simple as that?
    Last edited by Amaro; 12-04-2017 at 04:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    Except when they don’t? With other releases anyway, as you know. Perhaps you know more about it all, and with regard to this particular release. I’m but a worker bee. I assume even if the NIN store is sold out, and it actually means that, other stores and outlets have their share of copies. Simple as that?
    Bringo. Sometimes it was say "quantity limited", "17", or "back ordered" (which is a lie, 'Only Lovers Left Alive' vinyl, I'm looking at you.). Most of their new releases and stuff always say "30"