Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpeters View Post
    Am I the only one who liked that there were no happy endings?

Before people hop on the hate to train, I'm not saying the endings didn't have similarities but that I really liked the problem ending where there's no perfect solution to a problem.
    I went into it not expecting a wonderful ending. I knew that this was going to end badly and a lot of people were going to die. A sad, messed up ending would've been fine. It's fact that they decided to give a messed up story with nothing behind it. They wanted to leave people guessing... Fine, but you have to leave them with more than that. Not the same three endings with gigantic plotholes. Give us something to work with. A lot of it just made no sense. As long as they make it make sense, i'll be more than happy. And that "good" ending they threw in there. They didn't need to do that. They were already dragging it out, so did we really need that?

When people starting complaining about it, I thought "great". Some of it was a bit melodramtic, but some (like that video giving legit, civil reasons) handled it well and respectably. I wasn't expecting bioware to cave, but i'm happy they did.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hula View Post
    Dude, come on.

People's problems with this were pretty legitimate. That's not to say that some gamers' approaches to this (notably the ones where they thought it was a good idea to attack BioWare) were entirely legitimate themselves, but all of the coverage on the endings didn't come up just because a handful of vocal fans were cheesed off.

Anyway. At this point I'm just interested to see what comes of this. Anything that expands upon things is good in my books, even if it doesn't change the ending, which BioWare have made it pretty clear will be the case. Of course, if this 'clarification' involves cutscenes showing all of Shepard's friends and allies dying in a fiery inferno... Well :P
    I wasn't talking about this game or anything specific but it's true. People whined and cried on EPIC Games forums about the Sawed-Off in Gears of War 3 and EPIC ended up changing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/06/m...surgence-pack/

Free Multiplayer DLC coming on the 10th. Adds new races, one new character for each class, 3 new weapons, and 2 new maps.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darktemplar007 View Post
    http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/06/m...surgence-pack/

free multiplayer dlc coming on the 10th. Adds new races, one new character for each class, 3 new weapons, and 2 new maps.
    want now!!!!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Managed to hit the max level 30 on my first playthrough of ME2 during the final mission which was cool. Promptly sold it and bought ME3...gonna start in as soon as I get more than three spare minutes :/

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Failed the Thane mission on my first run through with ME2. Felt really stupid...or is this one really that hard?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just finished the game and I actually loved the ending. I went with the road in the middle. It was epic, very explanatory, and satisfying. I did check out the other endings on youtube and they're not as good, still nothing wrong with them... I've been reading the complaints and I just don't get it. One of the best games I ever played!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    Failed the Thane mission on my first run through with ME2. Felt really stupid...or is this one really that hard?
    The recruitment or the loyalty one?

The Loyalty one can be tricky at times.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Loyalty. I might retry tonight if my last save isn't too far back.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    I failed it the first time, too. Just watch the krogan like he says. I tried to watch the turian the first time and got a bit lost.

Currently on my second playthrough of ME2 and gaaaaah I need more paragon points. Morinth rolled me like a... thing that you roll. Sigh. I talk to people and everything! Maybe I just should have done the loyalty quests in order or something.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well the new content is out, Firebase Condor is convoluted as hell, but Firebase Hydra is quite awesome. You have to unlock the extra characters and weapons as part of a Recruit/Veteran/Spectre pack unfortunately.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beef of the Sea View Post
    Well the new content is out, Firebase Condor is convoluted as hell, but Firebase Hydra is quite awesome. You have to unlock the extra characters and weapons as part of a Recruit/Veteran/Spectre pack unfortunately.
    Yeah but if they gave them out unlocked already then everyone would use them.

I love Mass Effect 3 to death but I swear to God if my achievement progress gets wiped one more time I'll go berserk. Two times now progress towards the veteran achievement has been reset. That's the achievement to get 5000 kills. First time it happened I had about 2600 or so. When it got erased this morning I was around 3760 or so.

Fucking a man.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I've so far played ME3 for a total of 25 minutes and got like 30 kills in one round before having to start work. Hit Level 7 after the round finished. Played with a guy that was some obscene level that was talking about 'playing every map at least 100 times.' Then I asked if he slept alone and the other 2 guys in the room wouldn't stop laughing.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I've so far played ME3 for a total of 25 minutes and got like 30 kills in one round before having to start work. Hit Level 7 after the round finished. Played with a guy that was some obscene level that was talking about 'playing every map at least 100 times.' Then I asked if he slept alone and the other 2 guys in the room wouldn't stop laughing.
    My N7 rank is at like 170 some I believe. It only deals with ranks you've earned or promoted cumulatively since you began playing it. I don't even play it that much. Highest N7 rank I've seen was about 600 something. I can't recall.

How do you like the single player?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Yeah but if they gave them out unlocked already then everyone would use them.
    The maps, sure, but tot the characters or the weapons though.
    At least not on the Aus. end of the scale.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beef of the Sea View Post
    The maps, sure, but tot the characters or the weapons though.
    At least not on the Aus. end of the scale.
    I agree they should have been released and been able to be used straight away but I find it odd they would do that since all non-human characters had to be playable in the same way the DLC characters are - through the store. I just wish you got good stuff when you go there. I tend to buy Spectre Packs and Veteran packs. Every time, except twice, I get shafted by buying a Spectre. Don't buy one of those unless you want a new weapon. That's usually all you ever seem to get.

I really want a Geth or that Krogan Battlemaster....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well while they had the Premium Spectre Pack(99K-Credits) over the weekend, I whored the hell out of Gold matches to buy as many as I could, and still only got character training tiles and other shit I didn't want.
    So now, since I have so many weapons and mods unlocked, it'll probably take forever for me to unlock the six new characters and weapons. Groan.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    My N7 rank is at like 170 some I believe. It only deals with ranks you've earned or promoted cumulatively since you began playing it. I don't even play it that much. Highest N7 rank I've seen was about 600 something. I can't recall.

How do you like the single player?
    I have 2 jobs lol. I've had the game for about a week and a half now. Total playing time: About 25 min. of multiplayer lol.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I have 2 jobs lol. I've had the game for about a week and a half now. Total playing time: About 25 min. of multiplayer lol.
    I know you're busy as stated previously. I thought the 25 minute thing just meant multiplayer. Not the totality to the entire game.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    No that's it. Tomorrow I don't work until 3pm so once I get some coding done and drop the better half off at class I might be able to sink in a bit more time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think I'm about N300 and something...

I'll grab my coat.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I unlocked a Geth Infiltrator in a Veteran pack. Fuck yeah!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just beat this a few minutes ago (finally). I loved it. I don't know if my opinion of the end will change over time, but this game is one of the only games I have ever had an emotional response s strongly toward. I was almost in tears at the end, I felt like it was a fantastic culmination to the 120ish hour playthrough of all three games I have had going over the past few months.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm about 30 hours into a hardcore playthrough of the first game. SHIT'S HARD, YO! Pinnacle Station was a bit of a pain to get through but gods, the sense of progress when you get there. Still haven't managed to finish Ahern's survival mission, though. Gonna go back when I'm a higher level.

I have a funny feeling I'll probably start my third playthrough the second I finish ME3 with my current FemShep. I'd forgotten how damn much I loved these games.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Alright so finally got some time to play multiplayer for a few hours. Turns out if you rock the shotgun and just toss frags like pebbles you wreck mad shit. In a few hours I got one game from hitting level 20 with the human male. Here's a question for those who may know. At what point should I jump in to the campaign? I have all those terminus stations on that galaxy map to 100% and at level 20 you can upload a character or something in to the campaign? Once I hit level 20 with one character with all those systems at 100% should I jump in or is there any benefit of maxing out more characters? What exactly does it do for the campaign?

Alright that was a lot of questions, but you know how it is.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Galactic Readiness is pretty just just a modifer. The higher the better. Even if you don't play multiplayer, and collect all of the war assets, you can still reach maximum. But, by playing multiplayer, it just makes things a little easier/quicker instead of getting getting the default 50%. I beat the game before I had even bothered with the multiplayer, and managed just fine.

But then again... Spoiler: not like any of it really makes a difference.

But if you do as many side-quests as you can, you really don't need to bother with multiplayer.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Just got one with the demo for Mass Effect 2 and I was pretty impressed. I love how intricate the fighting system is and how there are a lot of different approaches you can choose with the abilities of your other teammates and choosing what you want to find out and the information that you may need to know down the road. Love that it is only 20 bucks on PSN. I'll have to get the actual game since downloading it is a whopping 12 gigs.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New 'Rebellion' DLC drops soon, does it not? I've already traded ME3 back in towards Borderlands 2, but the new DLC is free which is still a great thing. Also, fan designs character hoodies, asks BioWare to make them, they agree to try it out. Pretty nifty.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    New 'Rebellion' DLC drops soon, does it not? I've already traded ME3 back in towards Borderlands 2, but the new DLC is free which is still a great thing. Also, fan designs character hoodies, asks BioWare to make them, they agree to try it out. Pretty nifty.
    It did today.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Director's Cut DLC on Tuesday. Hopefully it fixes that mess they made. My expectations are pretty low though...