Page 20 of 69 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Prediction: cannibalism is a part of what's going down at Terminus.
    Spoiler: If it's not some interpretation of Fear the Hunters I'd be kind of disappointed.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Do you guys figure it was Joe who planted the Rabbit in Daryl's bag so he could make an example of Len and show Daryl what happens if he doesn't "follow the rules"?

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Yeah, that's what I thought, like what happened in the video game with Clementine.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Yeah, that's what I thought, like what happened in the video game with Clementine.
    Also the Hunter storyline from the comics, which they've said we'll see at some point.

I'm betting Beth is what was on the grill behind the woman.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    mmmmm, smoked Beth.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    is that storyline the one where Rick ruthlessly fucks up those men that attacked his people?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I predict that nothing funny is happening at Terminus, and they will all live happily ever after. The series from now on will be nothing but everyday life at Terminus, and the problems will be along the lines of "Did you water the tomatoes today?" and "Why didn't you do the white laundry separately?".
    Last edited by Millionaire; 03-25-2014 at 07:37 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    For a bit there I thought that Beth was going to go down the path that Andrea in the comics went down, a total bad ass.

Anyone find it strange that all the gates at Terminus were unlocked?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Here's a different promo that I haven't seen yet, with almost completely different footage than any of the US promos for the finale. Gives a little more detail of exactly what we can expect!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    is that storyline the one where Rick ruthlessly fucks up those men that attacked his people?
    That's the one. One of the more brutal moments out of Rick for certain.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/54460...e-spoilers.htm

The ultimate episode of "The Walking Dead" season 4 is all set to air on Sunday, March 30, 2014. Episode 16 titled "A" is about brutality. Wetpaint shared three synopses. First, "Many paths collide; Rick faces sheer brutality; the group struggles to survive." Second, "Rick comes face-to-face with sheer brutality when multiple paths collide." Third, "Factions begin to near an inevitable collision, which brings Rick face to face with a shocking form of brutality that threatens the lives of everyone he has become responsible for, so the group must find a way to survive the oncoming storm."

It is expected that prison members may reunite at the Terminus and face brutality there. Let's have a look at some teasers presented by AMC execs and executive producer.

1. Is Rick's brutality connected to Joe's group?

Joe (Jeff Kober) and group are tracking Rick in order to take revenge for the death of one of their group members. In the comics, Jeff and team are bandits who attack Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln), Carl Grimes (Chandler Riggs) and Abraham Ford (Michael Cudlitz). Also, they try to rape Carl. Rick and Abraham kill the bandits and save Carl. Will they rape Carl or someone else (Michonne) in the TV version? Will they kill someone, perhaps, Michonne or baby Judith?

2. The Hunters

"SAVAGE. Honestly... people are going to be talking about this one. The cliffhanger at the end of season 4 will make the wait between seasons 4 and 5 the hardest wait we've ever had. ENJOY!" said Robert Kirkman about "The Walking Dead" season 4 finale at Reddit AMA. It is likely that The Hunters, a group of cannibals, enter in the finale episode and make matters worse for prison members.

3. "The Walking Dead" season 4, episode 16 finale is set to be "Cool" and "Savage"

"There are some moments in the finale that I think are some of the coolest stuff we've done in the show, and that's the stuff I'm really excited about. We're wrapping this season up in pretty great form," added Robert Kirkman. Norman Reedus talked to Vulture and said that the show went big with it, and it would be a "very ambitious" instalment.

Watch "The Walking Dead" season 4, episode 16 finale, "A" and witness the brutality.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Do you guys figure it was Joe who planted the Rabbit in Daryl's bag so he could make an example of Len and show Daryl what happens if he doesn't "follow the rules"?
    What? How so?
    Len had issues following rules. He was the same douche who choked someone out to get the bed that was already claimed. (scene with Rick under the bed)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    What? How so?
    Len had issues following rules. He was the same douche who choked someone out to get the bed that was already claimed. (scene with Rick under the bed)
    Oh i know that but it's not outside the realm of possibility for characters to be manipulative like that in this show and Len would have probably been the shortest straw and an easy compromise for Joe if that indeed was his way of going about things.

It's just a thought when i was watching the situation unfold, but yes sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Either way Daryl sure saw the results of Len's errors. So the effect is the same.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 03-26-2014 at 03:15 PM.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Yea, I guess it's possible that Joe saw a lot of value in getting Daryl on board with the team and had very little desire to keep Len around.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I dreamt I was killing zombies the other night in a TWD-like scenario. Had something to do with being locked in a big factory and feeling safe one minute, then a bunch of walkers stampeded in and a whole lot of other nasty shit happened.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rick just went full Terminator mode on those assholes. Daryl you are awesome for doing the right thing. Man, this episode has been good.

Goddamn, I said goddamn!
    Last edited by theburningreptile; 03-30-2014 at 09:07 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Pretty dam good episode. Reallllyy tense in almost every scene. The only thing I hated about it was the end with Rick and his cheesy ending line.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Cheesy? I thought it was bad ass.

I have to say, FUCK COMMERCIALS!!!!!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    For those calling the ending cheesey, I'd just like to point out that cheesey or not it's straight from the comics when they encounter the Hunters, a group of cannibals that hunt down small groups (which is what I and many others have thought Terminus was, and this episode pretty much confirmed it, all the way down to them being equated to food/rabits with Terminus being the snare):

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Screwing sounds WAY more cheesy than fucking, though. I mean...If they wanna make it a big boy show, they need to be okay with saying one big boy word here and there. All in all, though, it was a good episode. Definitely didn't quite go where I expected it to.

Christ. What are they gonna do about the language when they get to Neegan?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Screwing sounds WAY more cheesy than fucking, though. I mean...If they wanna make it a big boy show, they need to be okay with saying one big boy word here and there. All in all, though, it was a good episode. Definitely didn't quite go where I expected it to.

I just find it ridiculous that in an episode where we see Rick rip a man's neck out with his teeth and spray blood into the air, stab a man repeatedly in the stomach who then spits blood onto Rick's face, saw a guy nearly rape a 12 year old boy and had threats of rape levelled at Michone, saw a guy get swarmed and eaten by zombies with his eyeballs getting ripped out, and possibly saw people eating cooked people -- having a guy quickly say "fuck" would've been too much. It's just such a weird system and I'm still not used to it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Does Rick lose his hand in the comic? What's the story there?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    yes, very early on. It's a very important aspect of how they build Rick's character.

Let it be said once again, the comic is LIGHT YEARS better than this frustrating show. Start reading the comic asap if the tv show is compelling to you. You will be much, much more entertained. That being said, tonight's episode was pretty good.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    The thing that was taking me out of the episode tonight was the flashbacks, look i love Hershel and it's nice to see him again but enough with what feels like b-sides.......I WANT THE HERE AND THE NOW.

It was starting to feel a bit like LOST where you were more interested in the mystery and goings on with the island than Jack playing spinal surgeon in a flashback. Yes i get it, character development... blah blah blah...

STAHP WASTING TIME, IT'S THE SEASON DAMN FINALE!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I loved that scene with Rick!

Pretty anticlimactic ending for the season though.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post

They filmed two scenes with each word used. The reason for not saying the word fuck is because of a little company here in the states known as the FCC.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    The thing that was taking me out of the episode tonight was the flashbacks, look i love Hershel and it's nice to see him again but enough with what feels like b-sides.......I WANT THE HERE AND THE NOW.

It was starting to feel a bit like LOST where you were more interested in the mystery and goings on with the island than Jack playing spinal surgeon in a flashback. Yes i get it, character development... blah blah blah...

STAHP WASTING TIME, IT'S THE SEASON DAMN FINALE!
    This. I thought it was a great finale and really this is one of the best seasons. But I've thought since season 1 that the writing is inconsistent. From episode to episode, the continuity changes.

Your LOST comparison is right on. The flashbacks last night seemed like it was Carl learning to take care of himself in others ways than using a gun but really it was to bring up the watch's origin.

My theory is with an hour to fill and advertising to sell, AMC makes the show drag these story lines out.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    So the next season is going to take place at Terminus? Cause being locked in a freight car is the perfect for the boring back and forth talking that this show is known for to flourish. AND it would save them money just shooting the season inside a warehouse. DID i mention it will be a perfect breeding ground for boring flashbacks?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    They filmed two scenes with each word used. The reason for not saying the word fuck is because of a little company here in the states known as the FCC.
    Yeah, yeah. Everybody's favorite. I just wish they'd followed through with it. Or rather, I wish they were ABLE to follow through with it. In my head, I'm thinking of Breaking Bad. They got to say "fuck" a couple of times. Sure, The Walking Dead has a wider audience/age demographic, but saying "fuck" isn't doing anything to anyone watching.

I REALLY hate that the censorship laws in this country basically boil down to "because we said so."

Edit: One bad word is a no-go, but a man ripping out someone's throat WITH HIS TEETH and his son nearly being raped in the street, that's totally fine tho.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 03-31-2014 at 09:56 AM.