Page 61 of 94 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 2810

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    Still need four more. If you're still interested in ETS Fantasy Football, please let me know!
    resend me the link so i can double check to see if i made it

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I'm starting to feel bad for Tony Romo.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I can appreciate his desire to never quit. I don't care what the motivation is at this point of his career, if he's worried he'll lose his spot or what. It takes a lot of heart to move past the injuries that Romo has had and try to get back on the field as much as possible, even if it's a terrible idea like it was last year when he came back from the collarbone break.

That said, I think he has two years, max. I feel like it's going to be only one year because he may very well get knocked out for the season, and someone's going to tell him to pull the plug on it after that.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Romo has a broken bone in his back and might be out 6-10 weeks.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Now Dak might actually take his job if he looks anything like he does in preseason.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tony romo needs to retire. Guy can't stay healthy. The fuck does he do with his body in the offseason?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Andy Reid'ss BBQ has joined the ETS league!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Terrible what happened to Teddy. People were really expecting him to make the leap this year and this might permanently derail his development.

How do you even shred your knee in practice like that on a non-contact injury? It's like someone took a hammer to it.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Tony romo needs to retire. Guy can't stay healthy. The fuck does he do with his body in the offseason?
    Don't they say that most Strength and Conditioning training is for injury prevention? Maybe Romo doesn't do that right. It's like he has a glass body.

FYI ETS FF Draft on Sunday. I'll be auto drafting - diminishing knowledge.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Terrible what happened to Teddy. People were really expecting him to make the leap this year and this might permanently derail his development.

How do you even shred your knee in practice like that on a non-contact injury? It's like someone took a hammer to it.
    I don't understand why the Vikings have treated his injury the way they have. The whole thing was shrouded in secrecy for a few hours and there were reports of players cursing the heavens. Sucks that he got hurt, but it's Teddy Bridgwater, not Manning in his prime.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i bleed blue.
    it's so sad about Romo. Statistically, he is one of the best qbs of all time, but he never had the football iq to convert those numbers into viable seasons.
    But watching him dismantle NY, improbably, in the first game of last season, i suddenly realized that i was watching a veteran, that Romo had finally acquired the necessary mental prowess to make a deep playoff run. And then, CRUNCH. So i waited for this season. THIS was gonna be our year.
    And then, CRUNCH again.

In the small town where i now live, half of the 1700 residents come out for HS football. The field is right behind my house. We beat every team last year by ridiculous margins except for one, and then they knocked us out of the playoffs. But said roadblock team has been moved up to 3A. The little high school team here has won the state championship more than once, and so i'm thinking that this is where i will get my sports thrills this season.

Also, at least the mavs acquired young talent from the Warriors and OKC lost their superstar. I don't think anyone will be beating Golden State, but i bet Dallas plays them in the WC finals, and that will also be lovely.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    i bleed blue.
    it's so sad about Romo. Statistically, he is one of the best qbs of all time, but he never had the football iq to convert those numbers into viable seasons.
    But watching him dismantle NY, improbably, in the first game of last season, i suddenly realized that i was watching a veteran, that Romo had finally acquired the necessary mental prowess to make a deep playoff run. And then, CRUNCH. So i waited for this season. THIS was gonna be our year.
    And then, CRUNCH again.

In the small town where i now live, half of the 1700 residents come out for HS football. The field is right behind my house. We beat every team last year by ridiculous margins except for one, and then they knocked us out of the playoffs. But said roadblock team has been moved up to 3A. The little high school team here has won the state championship more than once, and so i'm thinking that this is where i will get my sports thrills this season.

Also, at least the mavs acquired young talent from the Warriors and OKC lost their superstar. I don't think anyone will be beating Golden State, but i bet Dallas plays them in the WC finals, and that will also be lovely.
    Your rookie QB looks awesome, dont give up hope. This is coming from a dolphin fan that now lives in east texas.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    We still have one spot open, if anyone wants to join in, please let me know! We draft Sunday yall!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    We still have one spot open, if anyone wants to join in, please let me know! We draft Sunday yall!
    I guess I can give it another go...

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Your rookie QB looks awesome, dont give up hope. This is coming from a dolphin fan that now lives in east texas.
    Where abouts in the east side?
    I lived in Wills Point for like a year.

Man it gets REAL fucking country REAL fast heading east from the big D, ain't it. ;P

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Where abouts in the east side?
    I lived in Wills Point for like a year.

Man it gets REAL fucking country REAL fast heading east from the big D, ain't it. ;P
    Tyler.

I was born and raised in Miami Florida

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Tyler.

I was born and raised in Miami Florida
    That shit confused me for a minute because my name is Tyler, lolol. I thought you misunderstood my question and were saying "Tyler...."

Tyler is pretty damn cool, especially when compared to places like Grand Saline and Terrel and Wills Point.
    It's also real fucking pretty out there.

Sorry for drift.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm gonna try my hardest to be home by ETS draft time on Sunday but it's not looking good. I'll prob be on auto draft

everyone else gonna be able to make it at that time????

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeDrug View Post
    I'm gonna try my hardest to be home by ETS draft time on Sunday but it's not looking good. I'll prob be on auto draft

everyone else gonna be able to make it at that time????
    I've got nothing else going on sunday, so I'll be there for sure...

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I'll be there to draft. I ain't doing shit.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I'll be autodrafting.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Draft is 6pst, right?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I'm in there right now, and it says it starts in 14 minutes.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Damnit. I missed the draft on this again. I guess this league will be 2nd on my mind.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    The Evolution of Punk series is pretty interesting. Started watching because he amazingly, finally fights on Saturday.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Paralympics Opening ceremony looks wow

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?!!! I see Carolina beating Denver easily tonight. Panthers D will harass Trevor Siemian into making a lot of mistakes that Denver's D won't be able to make up for.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Sure glad I benched Anderson.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    All those helmet to helmet hits on Cam that went unchecked... Fucking YIKES.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Happy my Broncos won on opening night. The D looked great in the second half.
    Just want to say about Newton getting hit... Sure calls were missed. I can't argue that, but you dance, dab and talk crap to the other team. Well they are going to be more motivated to hit you.
    Also even Ray Lewis said "How else you suppose to play?" It's football and you have a guy who plays physical and runs a lot. Then he is going to get banged up. Just my 2 cents. I have nothing against him or the Panthers.
    Also I think it's funny that nobody thinks Denver will be good this year, lol. I am not saying we will win the Super Bowl, but give us some credit to at least make the playoffs.