Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: 2013.08.20 - London, UK @ Scala [Exclusive Club Performance]

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhet View Post
    Except all the staff. I find it funny that on here everyone abbreviates it to HTDA even though on all their stuff its always HDA.
    Ugh, those stickers were teases. And the logo actually is HTDA: the T and the D are both formed from the second symbol, which can make it confusing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    i loved the applause robin got he is such a great guitarist

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

2013.08.20 - London, UK @ Scala [Exclusive Club Performance]

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Ugh, those stickers were teases. And the logo actually is HTDA: the T and the D are both formed from the second symbol, which can make it confusing.
    Ah. I clearly don't pay enough attention to HTDA to notice such things.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    My wife is on the train. She's the one with the v.1 setlist with La Mer. She says she got a bunch of other stuff too. Including Trent's sweaty towel.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamelion View Post
    My wife is on the train. She's the one with the v.1 setlist with La Mer. She says she got a bunch of other stuff too. Including Trent's sweaty towel.
    A photo of the setlist when she gets a chance would be great.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Sure! Scans, photos, the works

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    As requested
    The black background is one of Trent's towels. It was apparently soaked with sweat when she got it but is suspiciously dry now. The plectrums belonged to Trent (white) and Josh (grey). She doesn't know who the lyrics sheet belonged to. She got the last setlist - a staff member went off and found it at the back of the stage area. I don't know what the little circles mean next to some of the songs. Ideas anyone?

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    ^ Was La Mer played or not?

edit: nevermind, answer is on last page.
    Last edited by Ryan; 08-20-2013 at 10:05 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Lyric sheets are often Robin's, from what I've seen over the years.

I thought TR's plectrums were red, though.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Lyric sheets are often Robin's, from what I've seen over the years.

I thought TR's plectrums were red, though.
    She says she saw red and white being put in his mic stand throughout the gig. I am contractually obliged to believe her .

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    As requested
    The black background is one of Trent's towels. It was apparently soaked with sweat when she got it but is suspiciously dry now. The plectrums belonged to Trent (white) and Josh (grey). She doesn't know who the lyrics sheet belonged to. She got the last setlist - a staff member went off and found it at the back of the stage area. I don't know what the little circles mean next to some of the songs. Ideas anyone?
    second best show schwag I've ever seen.

best = alessandro's synth @ LITS 2008, which ended up being signed by alessandro later (sp? on cortini's first name, too lazy to spell check)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    second best show schwag I've ever seen.

best = alessandro's synth @ LITS 2008, which ended up being signed by alessandro later (sp? on cortini's first name, too lazy to spell check)
    She was in a scrum over drumsticks too but had to let them go . All the other stuff she either picked up herself or got from roadies and security - except for the bass plectrum, which Josh personally gave her at the end. Given that we never even had tickets (had no luck either in initial sale or twitter ballot - my sister-in-law gave up her spot as +1 so my wife could go in her place) she has had a real dream concert. I am also contractually obliged to be happy for her

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How cool! What a great night she must have had!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Sick setlist!

I think the double-o doodle on the pages means 'backing tape?' Or prerecording cue?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    my pictures are here
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...99036547477137

i was so happy to get in for free on the last minute !!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I am looking for the brown hair girl on the right, with black short sleeve shirt with pink letters
    i need to say thank you to her
    anyone knows her let me know thanx

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

not HD but thats all i have
    Last edited by zsorzs; 08-21-2013 at 06:18 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I don't know what the little circles mean next to some of the songs. Ideas anyone?
    My first thought was that these circles are just... glasses. Yes, glasses! And they were marked down only for some "this time I must remember that I have to buy glasses/contacts" purposes. :-)

Really, that was my first thought, but it's kinda stupid I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Scala pic

hi all, can't seem to make this appear on the forum, but here's a link...it's a low res crop but came out pretty good

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46998231@N00/9563525782/

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Going in pretty soon... Exciting times!!!
    look! a picture of the back of my head. wish i could have met all the other members who were obviously at the show/in the queue and got in!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Our gig mementoes and best photo I could take from centre stage second from barrier (would've been front if not for certain people who don't know how to queue?!). Was great to meet others in the queue including rhet and little_flame and hugepants and I think ninjaw (judging by the angle of the queue photo). Truly the best show I have seen them do in all my 14 years of NIN gigs.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allantheo View Post
    Our gig mementoes and best photo I could take from centre stage second from barrier (would've been front if not for certain people who don't know how to queue?!). Was great to meet others in the queue including rhet and little_flame and hugepants and I think ninjaw (judging by the angle of the queue photo). Truly the best show I have seen them do in all my 14 years of NIN gigs.

ah! i was wondering who got the tambourine. supremely jealous but nice one!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allantheo View Post
    Are you the angry little hairy man who was yelling at some girl on barrier for being a cunt?

Also, yo, sheepdean, can you get the guy you let in on your ticket to give me his best friend's twitter handle? Amy i think the name was. I took her in on my spare like you did. Keen to see how she got on.
    Last edited by monkeyarse; 08-21-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Only just been able to get to a computer but damn that was one hell of a show. One I'll remember for a long time. A bit of overcrowding issues but that was because most of the VIPs went to the floor instead of the VIP area. Not a bad way to pop your NIN cherry

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

2013.08.20 - London, UK @ Scala [Exclusive Club Performance]

First 30 minutes, anyone?

Enjoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Shhhh - crap quality audio but better than not having it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zsorzs View Post
    my pictures are here
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...99036547477137

i was so happy to get in for free on the last minute !!!

Aaaah I think I was by you in the queue for a little while. I'm the guy with the blonde/black dreadlocks.

I had a great night, probably the best gig I've ever been to. My 5th time seeing them live and, as others have noted, it was a very 2007 setlist. Somewhat Damaged is one of the best openers I've ever seen so I was excited when someone next to me on the barrier spotted it on the setlist as we were waiting for them to come out.

My only regret is that I didn't wait around after the gig for a chance to meet some of the band, which would have been fantastic, but I'm grateful to have had the chance to go to this gig as I know what a motherfucking HUGE deal it was to be there (I didn't manage to get a ticket but a friend hooked me up with someone elses spare) so I didn't want to be greedy. Plus, I was exhausted by the end!

Non-setlist highlight of the night, for me, was Robin coming to the barrier during 'Suck' (if I recall correctly) and sticking his guitar neck into my arms. Awesome!

Love those guys. Bring on the 2014 tour.

(also, I was a little attached to the previous live incarnation but Josh completely won me over)
    Last edited by MacabreMagpie; 08-25-2013 at 05:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i so fucking wish i bought a scala t-shirt!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by antpatty View Post
    i so fucking wish i bought a scala t-shirt!
    me too! they were sold out by the time i got to the merch table but i would have missed out on being against the rail if i had gone to the table first... i was/am a little surprised i even got in the door at all but still a bit bummed though not to have a unique souvenir.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Eh, I have the wristband. Good enough.