Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 1914

Thread: Ministry

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    they selling any show specific or full tour prints/posters? Doubtful but I had to ask.

Aside from the ones they are given to the VIPer's the only one I saw was from Primus. It was $100 signed and around $40-$60 without signatures.
    If there was other posters being sold I didn't see it with one caveat, VIP'ers also got a first chance at the merch tables and they could have sold out even before I got to the table.
    I really want the Final Campaign Tour poster so I can frame it with my ticket .

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Here's a full show from the recent tour opening for Slayer.
    Dude, Al is 61 and he still has it. They sound tight.
    When I think of the kings of Drugs and Alcohol, Al is usually someone that comes to mind, but this guy is 10 years older than Manson and in way better shape mentally and physically.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Here's a full show from the recent tour opening for Slayer.
    Dude, Al is 61 and he still has it. They sound tight.
    When I think of the kings of Drugs and Alcohol, Al is usually someone that comes to mind, but this guy is 10 years older than Manson and in way better shape mentally and physically.

61, overcame a severe heroin addiction, alcoholism, etc. It's a miracle he's still even alive tbh. For him to be able keep going is just crazy. Manson needs help.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Anyone at the show tonight??

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Guess not.

Ministry tape is in the bag, also taped Phil-tera too. Sandblasted Skin!! I'll get my tapes out tomorrow, I'm tired as hell and still have to get thru Slayer (not taping, sorry.)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Guess not.

Ministry tape is in the bag, also taped Phil-tera too. Sandblasted Skin!! I'll get my tapes out tomorrow, I'm tired as hell and still have to get thru Slayer (not taping, sorry.)
    Wait, "C-market Sioux falls" actually got THAT show traveling through town?? Daaaamn. Lucky! That's one for the books.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Wait, "C-market Sioux falls" actually got THAT show traveling through town?? Daaaamn. Lucky! That's one for the books.
    Fuck yeah. I've gotten lucky over the last few months, Satan has sent his messangers to my hometown. Manson/Zombie, Ghost and Slayer all since July! (too bad Manson was utter shite...)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Keep it up and i'll label it a D market!!!!!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    As usual, dl link for lossless files is pinned in the comments. Like everything else I have taped in this venue, the sound on this recording turned out perfect. FOB like I usually do, and the crowd behaved themselves too, so no screamers or other idiots. Enjoy.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soma View Post
    I plan on seeing them here in town on the 19th. It's an off-day without Slayer, Primus or Phil so I wonder what kinda set they'll pull out.
    Setlist.fm has the Flint, MI show up where it was an off-show as well if you feel like being potentially spoiled.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Is the Ministry 7 CD Trax Box worth it (bear in mind I don't care for RevCo)....Are those demos and unreleased songs from the With Sympathy/Twitch era good or are they just instrumentals/rough mixes?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Is the Ministry 7 CD Trax Box worth it (bear in mind I don't care for RevCo)....Are those demos and unreleased songs from the With Sympathy/Twitch era good or are they just instrumentals/rough mixes?
    I felt it was worth it, the demos sound like demos (including background hiss sometimes) but certainly aren't bad.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    just download it

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I feel that's Ministry's best era of work, so definitely worth it if you love that material. The demos and unreleased songs are fantastic and are just as good if not better than the songs on With Sympathy and Twitch. They are fully realized songs, and apart from some tape hiss, they sound like studio quality tracks.

They've reissued that box set, and last time I checked it's $50, not bad for the amount of content, plus the cool 12" record and book it comes with.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Senateguard33 View Post
    It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I feel that's Ministry's best era of work, so definitely worth it if you love that material. The demos and unreleased songs are fantastic and are just as good if not better than the songs on With Sympathy and Twitch. They are fully realized songs, and apart from some tape hiss, they sound like studio quality tracks.

They've reissued that box set, and last time I checked it's $50, not bad for the amount of content, plus the cool 12" record and book it comes with.

With Sympathy-Twitch era is my fav Ministry era for sure....Going to order this from Amazon...One can dream of the day Trent releases a 7 album box set of early NIN demos/alt mixes/unreleased songs

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    One can dream of the day Trent releases a 7 album box set of early NIN demos/alt mixes/unreleased songs
    My wallet will be ready when that day arrives.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Have any of the live backing videos ever surfaced online? Specifically the old one for N.W.O. with the riots and the dude with all the telephones and the religious symbols? The old one was much better than the current one.

(Like some of the skinny puppy and that fragility background videos available online)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I know this got shut down in the RHCP thread, but I wasn't familiar circumstances surrounding with River Phoenix's death, and upon some research, i noticed on his Wikipedia page this...

On the evening of October 30, 1993, Phoenix was to perform with the band P which featured his good friends Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers, actor Johnny Depp, Gibby Haynes of the Butthole Surfers along with Al Jourgensen of Ministry at The Viper Room, a Hollywood nightclub partly owned at the time by Depp.
    Can't say I've ever heard Al being involved with this. Is this factual or just someone making shit up? (cuz that never happens on the internet)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I know this got shut down in the RHCP thread, but I wasn't familiar circumstances surrounding with River Phoenix's death, and upon some research, i noticed on his Wikipedia page this...

Can't say I've ever heard Al being involved with this. Is this factual or just someone making shit up? (cuz that never happens on the internet)
    From the horse's mouth...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    From the horse's mouth...

Thanks

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I think Al was just hanging out that night. Don't think he was involved in the shenanigans. Based on the stuff I have read it sounds like half of young Hollywood was at the Viper Room that night (Christina Applegate, Keanu Reeves, etc etc) Viper Room in the early/mid 90s...Where the cool kids hang out....

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Way to go Colombo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I decided to mashup I Wanted To Tell Her with Thieves because of course I did:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Ministry just posted dates for summer tour with KMFDM and Front Line Assembly.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snichols View Post
    Ministry just posted dates for summer tour with KMFDM and Front Line Assembly.
    07/01 Seattle, WA – The Showbox Sodo
    07/02 Portland, OR – Roseland Theater
    07/03 Missoula, MT – Wilma Theatre
    07/05 Denver, CO – Ogden Theatre
    07/07 Minneapolis, MN – First Avenue
    07/09 Pittsburgh, PA – Stage AE
    07/10 Detroit, MI – Royal Oak Music Theatre
    07/11 Chicago, IL – Riviera Theatre
    07/12 Niagara Falls, NY – Rapids Theatre
    07/13 Cleveland, OH – Agora Theatre
    07/15 Boston, MA – House of Blues
    07/16 Huntington, NY – The Paramount
    07/17 Montclair, NJ – The Wellmont
    07/18 Philadelphia, PA – Franklin Music Hall
    07/19 Baltimore, MD – Baltimore Soundstage
    07/21 Atlanta, GA – Tabernacle
    07/22 Orlando, FL – Hard Rock Live
    07/24 Houston, TX – House of Blues
    07/25 Dallas, TX – Gas Monkey Live!
    07/26 San Antonio, TX – Aztec Theater
    07/28 Albuquerque, NM – Sunshine Theater
    07/29 Phoenix, AZ – The Van Buren
    07/30 San Diego, CA – House of Blues
    07/31 Anaheim, CA – House of Blues
    08/01 San Francisco, CA – The Regency Ballroom

First Avenue? They opened for Culture Club there in 83 and there is a circulated in house video feed from the With Sympathy tour that was from there too. Fukk yeah!!! I haven't been to the cities since NIN '13 either, and the last time I was at this venue was Mastodon in the mid 00s and made the mistake of dropping 2 hits of acid and had a TERRIBLE time.

Sorry for the rambling

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Last edited by imail724; 01-13-2020 at 02:42 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    This is a 30 year celebration tour of A Mind Is...

Nothing explicitly says they are playing the whole record or anything, but I'd imagine it will be the focus of the setlist.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    What a fucking show man... And not a single fuckin' Canada date. I am so cheesed. Man. We get the shaft on EVERYTHING!
    Starting to hate this country. If I could pack my bags and join ya'll in the USA, I would. You guys get it all.
    This Canada thing is a joke. Pure joke. All we have is snow and 2 million dollar 500 sq ft 1 bedroom condos. Fuck this place.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Nothing explicitly says they are playing the whole record or anything, but I'd imagine it will be the focus of the setlist.
    Fingers crossed, but didn't they do a tour 2 years ago in celebration of 30 years of LORAH, but they still just played the new stuff with a few extra LORAH songs at the end? But I'm optimistic after last year's tours where they only played stuff from 92 and earlierand the fact that Chris is back.
    Last edited by imail724; 01-13-2020 at 02:57 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

I just want to hear Burning Inside! They dint play it when there were here with Slayer last month