Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
No its more like I have a problem with his "insufferable" fans who suck him off at every turn...etc.
So you think they guy is a dick for calling fans insufferable retards, but then give a laundry list of reasons why he would say that, that you, yourself, seem to agree with. Seems you two have some common ground there.

I honestly think the reason 40% of the fanbase has been clamoring for new music is because they're pseudo-intellectual, they only learn new shit from Tool songs and they're desperately in need of something new to spout because their "vast, esoteric knowledge" of the Fibonacci sequence is no longer garnering them the adulation it did 20 years ago.

Another 40% are just "fans" that want something new to complain about. Could be because the new album didn't sound exactly like one of the previous albums (or, in the instance of 10k Days, because it did.) Take your pick.

That's roughly 80% of your fanbase being insufferable retards. Give or take. Personally, I don't find the constant dick-suckery or the constant, unbridled hatred any less annoying than the other.

I can also understand the frustration the man has. He became famous when he was an angry youth. He's grown over the years, but so many of the people that hopped on during Opiate or Undertow have been in arrested development for the last three decades. I've had people that I went to high school with still act like high school kids in their late 30s. Fortunately, I can just choose to not have those people in my life. In Maynard's case, he can't as easily choose who his fans are, and because of that, I'm not prepared to condemn the guy based on how some of his dumber followers act.